Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 5

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

1:39 remaining

Quite a few high scorers already today. WVU beats Baylor 70-63. Kent State beat Ball State 45-43, after neither team scored in the 1st quarter. Miami U has a 35-28 halftime lead over Akron. It's 21 all between Tulsa and UAB only two minutes into the second quarter (that one may very well end up in the 40s or 50s), the defenses got left back on the buses apparently.

Think Geno Smith is the leader for the Heisman now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Think Geno Smith is the leader for the Heisman now?
    I am going to hold off until next week and they actually play a defense.

Sat, Oct 6 @ #12 Texas

Aggies looked good today, rained hard at the game, had a great time. Cool THING, prior to kick off I was working my section (user) 236-237 and this guy was walking around with a reallly REALLY nice camera taking pictures. He had an EA hat on and as he walked by me I said, "NICE HAT" he said, "CHEERS MATE"...I didn't think he heard me so I told him again that I liked his hat. He said cool, and that he works for EA as an artist. I told him about the gaming tailgate and how I really enjoy the NCAA series. He said they (EA) came to town on Wednesday and had been taking pictures and getting different images for the NCAA 14 edition. He had a thick accent (English) said his name was Greg, but I couldn't understand his last name. He was very nice and I was excited to see an EA guy at Kyle Field.

Thought that was something cool to share.

Gig 'EM!

Gus '99

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Aggies looked good today, rained hard at the game, had a great time. Cool THING, prior to kick off I was working my section (user) 236-237 and this guy was walking around with a reallly REALLY nice camera taking pictures. He had an EA hat on and as he walked by me I said, "NICE HAT" he said, "CHEERS MATE"...I didn't think he heard me so I told him again that I liked his hat. He said cool, and that he works for EA as an artist. I told him about the gaming tailgate and how I really enjoy the NCAA series. He said they (EA) came to town on Wednesday and had been taking pictures and getting different images for the NCAA 14 edition. He had a thick accent (English) said his name was Greg, but I couldn't understand his last name. He was very nice and I was excited to see an EA guy at Kyle Field.

Thought that was something cool to share.

Gig 'EM!

Gus '99
    It's cool you got to see them. It was posted on Twitter earlier today that your Yell Leaders will be in '14.

Cool story, Gus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I am going to hold off until next week and they actually play a defense.

Sat, Oct 6 @ #12 Texas
    They did play a defense: Maryland, who is #9 in the country in total yards defense, #22 in total yards against the pass, and #16 in total rush yards allowed. I think that, by definition, is a good defense.

Geno had more TDs than incompletions. Poor defense or not, that's an AMAZING stat.

0-4. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    0-4. I'm done.
    Man I thought they were going to get it done today. Had a great chance in the game to pull off the upset.

I think Middle Tennessee State realized they have to give Benny Cunningham the ball 20+ times a game. They have a couple of backs really I'd they'd just run the damn ball more they'd be 4-0 and sitting good. Still like where they are headed going forward but I'm also still dumbfounded with why the staff called so many passes in week 1, makes me fear they mess things up again soon

Mike Leach and the Cougars are giving the Ducks a test here thus far 23-12 with 6:58 remaining in the second quarter. The Cougars are playing with a lot more emotion the Ducks and have moved the ball rather easy on Oregon Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Man I thought they were going to get it done today. Had a great chance in the game to pull off the upset.
    I never doubted we'd lose. I knew we'd find a way to mess it up. It was inevitable. We're not even good enough to be competitive in the Sunbelt, MAC, or WAC this year. Absolutely horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I never doubted we'd lose. I knew we'd find a way to mess it up. It was inevitable. We're not even good enough to be competitive in the Sunbelt, MAC, or WAC this year. Absolutely horrendous.
    I know that feeling, it's hard to swallow at times but there are better times ahead that is for sure.

Keep your eye on this Oregon game. 23-19 Oregon at the half. Very good game, Leach is keeping the Ducks in check.

Gus that is a cool story!

Also I do gotta give Geno Smith a little props, damn was he throwing a pretty ball all day. He has a smooth release.

I do want to see him next week to really see how he handles a little pressure up front from the Longhorn defense.

Did Texas fumble this ball or not? Hard to tell from this video and pictures but man it's close for sure. I don't see enough to overturn the call on the field.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...ergeron-score/

Oregon starting to take this game over. They opened the second half with a 6+ minute drive for a TD (their longest drive of the year) then followed that up with a pick 6. 37-19 now and they are driving again.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    He was very nice and I was excited to see an EA guy at Kyle Field.
    He wasn't the only one there. Wisey posted last night on Twitter that he was going to midnight yell. Sounds like they sent a decent amount of the crew there today.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

A so-so day yesterday. Navy sucked it up horribly. The good new, they held San Jose State to four field goal for the game. The bad news, they didn't do jackshit on offense, managing a grand total of 144 yards (74 passing, 70 rushing) in a 12-0 loss to the Spartans.

Tulsa held on for the win in a shootout with UAB, 49-42. I know those helmets Tulsa wore yesterday, at least, were new, still not sure about the jersey and pants, still haven't been able to get on 360 and check in game. But if that was a new uniform, a nice start with a win in the first time wearing them.

Florida International, ugly, ugly, ugly. Down 17-0 after 1, down 31-14 at halftime, the Ragin' Cajuns had their way with FIU. They are really missing T.Y. Hilton this year.

Cannot believe pulled that shit out.

Not that it mattered much in the game but this is sad to see...