Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Uniform Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So you wouldn't like it if PSU did an all white field and wore their away whites?
    LOL! Yeah, it's unfair to camouflage into the field. That's taking home-field advantage to the extreme.

I knew Souljahbill was nuts when it came to the unis and expect no less from him but now we have people that actually like a grey field. fp:

You guys just wait until Oregon and Maryland decide to start messing with their fields. Rotating field colors and the Maryland flag on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So you wouldn't like it if PSU did an all white field and wore their away whites?
    No. While I don't think it would matter for the players, that would be horrible for the crowd and TV
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    LOL! Yeah, it's unfair to camouflage into the field. That's taking home-field advantage to the extreme.
    especially if they had nothing but white players .

its a joke people, lets not have a racial/racist hissy fit please

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I knew Souljahbill was nuts when it came to the unis and expect no less from him but now we have people that actually like a grey field. fp:

You guys just wait until Oregon and Maryland decide to start messing with their fields. Rotating field colors and the Maryland flag on deck.

its because black people look good in any color. White people are a little more limited in their selection

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    its because black people look good in any color. White people are a little more limited in their selection

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    This really requires some examples. Please show us the colors that white people do not look good in.

Navy is breaking out special "one-time" uniforms for the Ohio State game. I love these unis!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...io-state-game/

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...082814aae.html

The Navy football team will open the 2014 season against Ohio State on Saturday in a special Under Armour-designed uniform inspired by the iconic Navy Summer Whites military uniform. The Navy-Ohio State game will be played at M&T Bank Stadium on Saturday at 12 noon.

From a helmet directly inspired by the covers that the Mids wear to a gold belt buckle, no detail was left out. Additionally, the Mids will be wearing solid white cleats that represent the all-white dress shoes of the Summer Whites military uniform, as well as all-white gloves.

For the first time, uniforms will slightly vary from player to player, with each athlete wearing their specific rank on the field, depicted in the shoulder board and pant leg design of each uniform.

Freshmen will be wearing uniforms that only have the anchor on the shoulder and pant leg, but no stripes, while sophomores will have one diagonal stripe. Juniors will have two diagonal stripes and seniors will have one parallel stripe. Navy captains Noah Copelandand Parrish Gaines will wear a star and three parallel stripes, the rank of a midshipmen lieutenant.

As of July 1, 2014, Under Armour is now outfitting Navy's 33 men's and women's varsity athletic teams and Navy is the first service academy to be outfitted by the Under Armour Brand from head-to-toe.

I want to make love to that helmet

Vandy got a penalty/TO called on them for having "Anchor Down" on the back nameplate of their uni's

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Navy is breaking out special "one-time" uniforms for the Ohio State game. I love these unis!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...io-state-game/

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...082814aae.html

Fuck, Smooth, thanks for sharing! Those are incredible! If I didn't have a rooting interest in the game, I'd definitely be rooting for Navy with those!

Those go up with the Air Force 9-11 uniforms as my favorite non OSU uniform ever.

The Navy uniform is nice. The helmet? Meh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Vandy got a penalty/TO called on them for having "Anchor Down" on the back nameplate of their uni's
    And apparently got it reversed by the AD showing the referee an approval email on his smartphone. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Fuck, Smooth, thanks for sharing! Those are incredible! If I didn't have a rooting interest in the game, I'd definitely be rooting for Navy with those!

Those go up with the Air Force 9-11 uniforms as my favorite non OSU uniform ever.
    Damn skippy! I love that uniform! I'm gonna have to have a chat with my boss tomorrow. He's got a connection with a guy who can get uniforms and helmets and whatnot. That's how I've gotten my two Navy helmets (standard gold and their white Anchor helmet) and one of their uniforms (jersey and pants) from the 2008 Army/Navy game. Time to start getting feelers put out for this uniform, try to snag one from the guy if he gets his hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Why?
    Slogans are not allowed in substitute of players' names unless the team is a service academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Slogans are not allowed in substitute of players' names unless the team is a service academy.
    Frankly, while I appreciate allowing the academies to continue that practice, that's a stupid distinction to make.

College Football Uniform Talk

Oh say can you seeeeeee......
    Maryland Pride