Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Uniform Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I think the bigger moment is that me and CLW actually agree on something.

The whole "Pink" movement started out with good intentions. But it has been completely hijacked and whored out for corporate gains and good PR for companies. Half of them couldn't give two shits about donating to cancer research. All they see is a way to pull in money by the boat load by slapping pink on a product and watching the dumbasses step all over each other to purchase it.
    Fuck.

I agree with you too.

Yeah wasn't the owner of the Komen foundation just completely ripping everyone off?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah wasn't the owner of the Komen foundation just completely ripping everyone off?
    Yep what I heard. Very little actually went to the cause. Forgot the percentage but it was low.

I admit I blindly follow it and appreciate the sight because I lost a relative to breast cancer, so it's cool to see...atleast appreciate it and raise awareness

The monetary gain companies gain from it hadn't crossed my mind

at least black dudes look cool in pink...white guys, not so much...unless you're a yuppie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Our uni's for Military Appreciation Day

First Notre Dame goes to Under Armour and now Tennessee is heading to Nike. Who is next in the Adidas exodus?

Another long-time, high-profile college athletics client of Adidas has elected to part ways with the German apparel giant.

The Knoxville News-Sentinel notes that the Vols' current agreement with Adidas runs through June 30, 2015, meaning Tennessee won't wear their new Nike uniforms until the 2015 football season and 2015-2016 all-sports year.

Tennessee announced the deal is for eight years, through 2023, and for nearly $4 million per year to be paid in merchandise credit and cash. Nike will also pay the Volunteers a $2 million signing bonus.

"We were very thorough and deliberate in assessing and evaluating our options with our apparel partner decision,” Vol athletic director Dave Hart said in a release, per Nooga.com. "Nike is the right partner for the University of Tennessee moving forward. We appreciate our current partner and the strong relationship we have had for many years. We will continue to work together through the end of the existing contract."

The Vols' decision shapes up as another major blow for Adidas' college athletics brand, which earlier this month already saw Notre Dame -- a 16-year Adidas partner who the company had previously given the most lucrative apparel contract in college sports -- leave for rivals Under Armour. (The Irish's new deal with Under Armour is now the most lucrative apparel contract in college sports, according to Notre Dame. Adidas's most expensive contract is with Michigan.)

Like Notre Dame, the Volunteers had been with Adidas for more than a decade, with the News-Sentinel writing that the relationship between the company and Rocky Top dates back to "the mid-1990s."

Courtesy: CBS Sports

Time for Addidas to spend that $ and go after I miss the days when the Blue Devils were an Adidas school.

New Arkansas logo and uniforms

At first glance I thought this was Arkansas State's logo:

I would say the logo is a fail and uniforms are basically the same as what they had, just some slight tweaks.

New Florida State logo and uniforms

I'll give the uniforms a pass until I see them in action, but that logo looks like a joke. I find it surprising to see a school coming off a National Championship making such severe changes, but perhaps they feel like they have such goodwill right now that the critics will be muted.

Those logos SUCK!

The FSU one doesn't just look like a joke, it looks like he's laughing at the joke.

Dear Nike, please stop designing football logos and uniforms. That is all...

College Football Uniform Talk

Man, do I wish there was a new NCAA game this year. is finally has uniform options.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Dear Nike, please stop designing football logos and uniforms. That is all...
    I'm sick of all of it honestly. Adidas, Nike, Under Armour they all are putting out just hideously ugly uniforms in basketball and football.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm sick of all of it honestly. Adidas, Nike, Under Armour they all are putting out just hideously ugly uniforms in basketball and football.
    What he said. It's like all three companies are trying to out do each other for the "shittiest uniform of the year" award. Out of all the new uniforms unveiled in the last couple years, there have been, maybe, a handful that didn't look somebody wiped their ass with it after a night of Taco Bell and beer shits and called it done.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

The FSU one makes it look like he's taking it in the ass.
    The dude abides.