Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Uniform Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    I like the creativity.

Cannot decide if I actually like the uniform.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

It's too busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Oh say can you seeeeeee......
    Maryland Pride
    If it doesn't include all four verses, no thanks.

The second I saw this Iknew someone would get their panties in a twist and complain. Sure enough...

The two instigators of the complaint are people that do not pay attention to Arkansas State football in any regard. They just got their panties in a twist because they could.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The two instigators of the complaint are people that do not pay attention to Arkansas State football in any regard. They just got their panties in a twist because they could.
    Need to put some administrators in at ASU that don't fall over every time someone complains (Indians, cross, etc.). Might help if they (or their lawyers) knew the Constitution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Need to put some administrators in at ASU that don't fall over every time someone complains (Indians, cross, etc.). Might help if they (or their lawyers) knew the Constitution as well.
    Wouldn't the "S" in "ASU" prohibit their cause if they tried to claim the Constitution supported them promoting a religious symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Wouldn't the "S" in "ASU" prohibit their cause if they tried to claim the Constitution supported them promoting a religious symbol?

IMO, if the two who died were Christian and the players didn't have a problem wearing that decal (could opt out), it's a non-issue. If they were 'forced' then I think there is a potential issue, but it is not one of 'separation of church & state.' That's not even in the Constitution, but maybe Arky lawyers don't know that or the meaning of the phrase?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    IMO, if the two who died were Christian and the players didn't have a problem wearing that decal (could opt out), it's a non-issue. If they were 'forced' then I think there is a potential issue, but it is not one of 'separation of church & state.' That's not even in the Constitution, but maybe Arky lawyers don't know that or the meaning of the phrase?
    The fact that they are "promoting" a religious symbol in an institution that receives state funding is never going to fly (unless they want to risk losing state funding). It would be a simple, "you know there are other ways to honor those two without religious symbolism" scenario.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I would agree with it if they were wearing Muslim symbols on their helmets.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I would agree with it if they were wearing Muslim symbols on their helmets.

I commend you for being self-aware enough to admit that. It's easy to lose sight of perspective like that.

The fact that they are "promoting" a religious symbol in an institution that receives state funding is never going to fly (unless they want to risk losing state funding). It would be a simple, "you know there are other ways to honor those two without religious symbolism" scenario.

I see your point, I just think the 'legal' basis behind it is off-base and never should have occurred - I'm not an incorporationist. It does upset me greatly that someone, somewhere was more upset about seeing a cross versus viewing it as a memorial for fallen teammates. They made it about themselves and not others, as intended.

Back to the topic at hand:

The 'USA'-styled uniforms in full force this weekend. BYU/Houston last night, VT with helmet & field art....I'm sure many more will emerge as the weekend progresses.

Thanks Nike, poor dumb Okies never had a chance. Youth football team has 3 different uniforms based on the Oregon Uniforms.

http://kfor.com/2014/09/27/moore-you...with-uniforms/

While I am never a fan of the October pink uniform crusade. Just donate the money to breast cancer research. Oregon will be wearing these on Thursday and are not completely horrible.

I am so FUCKING SICK of this goddamn retarded pink bullshit. It's no longer even about fucking breast cancer. It's nothing more than every fucktard slapping pink on everything they can to bring in more cash for themselves because hey, "it's pink!" and they know dumbasses will snap it for the sole reason it's fucking pink. Fuck pink.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Fuck pink.
    Every chance I get.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I am so FUCKING SICK of this goddamn retarded pink bullshit. It's no longer even about fucking breast cancer. It's nothing more than every fucktard slapping pink on everything they can to bring in more cash for themselves because hey, "it's pink!" and they know dumbasses will snap it for the sole reason it's fucking pink. Fuck pink.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Do you not get enough hugs?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Do you not get enough hugs?
    He never has.

Every chance I get.

NSFW (though I'm at work )

Spoiler: show
    The dude abides.

I actually like those uniforms. Most pink unis are turrible.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    NSFW

This Arizona/Oregon game has been fun to watch. Hope Zona can hang on.