Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Pro: Another nice touch with the International Situation is that your key players will leave for international duty for certain games. I lost eight players for an entire week!
    Con: After ten games the cpu has been given ONE yellow card and no red cards. This has to be patched...

Jaymo, are you still playing 6-minute halves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Jaymo, are you still playing 6-minute halves?

Yeah, for sake of getting in as many career games as possible. However, the match of the day/week I have used 10 minute halves. If I had the regular disk I would set it at 10 minute halves but with season ticket I am trying to get as many games in as possible (to see the different tournmanets, etc.). I must admit that I had to change the gameplay from normal because it was just too fast for my liking. Hopefully the slower speed will allow for more natural motion and fouls.

Outside of the complete lack of fouls though, this game is truly excellent. I think we are looking at sports game of the year IMO. I look forward to your opinions when you pick it up.

Ok, thanks. I play 15-minute halves (at least on 12), so I'm not going to get too concerned with what you're seeing, foul-wise, just yet.

Sorry Steeler, I should clarify that due to my crazy schedule the past few days I have been playing late at night and have only played the cpu. I haven't had the chance to play any of the guys on this site. Fouls may be different in hum vs hum matches. If I have the time tonight I will look for psusnoop, JB, clw, etc and see if we can get in a friendly. However, I will say it again, if your an offline FIFA career guy like myself, I beleive you will absolutely love FIFA 13. Plus this year I started with my club team CELTIC, in the Scottish premier league. No offense to MLS but it's just so much more fun to start in Europe. The announcing is better and more complete in the European leagues and the tournys are abundant.

Forgot to mention I put in a transfer offer for Peralta during the friendlies schedule. He's been my biggest transfer ever at 6.6 million. After that he wanted a new contract. The guy is costing me big bucks but every week there seems to be a story about him. Right now he is leading the Scottish league in assists. I also love the feature where you can set the starting 11 based on recommendations. The cpu will slide in players who have earned a start on the roster. Since the ratings are dynamic it's great to see you players increase and become studs on the field.

That sounds good, jaymo. I didn't bother to renew my Season Ticket since the only time I could play this weekend would have been this morning. However, I will definitely be picking this up on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm playing 10 minute halves, not a ton of cards, but have seen the CPU get a red.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm playing 10 minute halves, not a ton of cards, but have seen the CPU get a red.

Have you played with the cpu/hum marking slider? I wonder if you tighten/loosen it, if it would impact how clean the players are in their tackles? If the fould could be fixed it would put this game on another level.

I love how the game feels totally different versus each team and the tactics they use. I had a 1-0 win versus Aberdeen (last in the league) and they took it to me and my guys were flat footed. Hooper saved my butt with a beautiful ball into the top corner or else I would have "earned" a draw. In this game you CANNOT underestimate weak teams. A weak team at home will take it to you. Also, if a keeper is hot he will destroy your team. Did I mention how freaking beautiful goalies move in this game? Wow!

Jaymo, what skill level are you playing on?

Last year I saw it mentioned that the higher levels produced more fouls because the cpu was more aggressive.

The game is very solid especially on the SLOW speed setting. I just need to find some good sliders b/c right now I either kill the CPU or get killed by the CPU depending on the difficulty level I pick.

I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. This is going to be my first game since FIFA 10, so I am very much looking forward to picking this up next Saturday.

Yeah. It is a tremendous game.

The dude abides.

Jaymo, what skill level are you playing on?

Last year I saw it mentioned that the higher levels produced more fouls because the cpu was more aggressive.

That may be true. I'm not amazing at this game so I only play on pro. I have tinkered with some of the sliders but not many and have not as of yet seen any difference. I have seen a fair share of fouls but like I say, only one cpu yellow card thus far now in over ten matches.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah. It is a tremendous game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That may be true. I'm not amazing at this game so I only play on pro. I have tinkered with some of the sliders but not many and have not as of yet seen any difference. I have seen a fair share of fouls but like I say, only one cpu yellow card thus far now in over ten matches.
    I'm going to try to play on World Class this year, I think. Last year, on Pro, the sliders I had helped the cpu. This year, I'll start on WC with sliders that likely help me.

I'm going to try to play on World Class this year, I think. Last year, on Pro, the sliders I had helped the cpu. This year, I'll start on WC with sliders that likely help me.

100% manual controls too? That will be tough on WC.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    100% manual controls too? That will be tough on WC.
    I'm going to see. I may leave some things on Semi-Assisted (ie crosses).

Messed with some sliders. I'm pretty happy after 2 games. I may post some results now that I'm starting to like them. The only things I messed with were marking, shot accuracy, passing accuracy.

The dude abides.