Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2010 (June 15-17)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post
    http://www.razzamataz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/schermata20100614a00341-300x250.png

Obviously hasn't been confirmed yet, but it looks legit. If it's true, it's supposed to have an ugly case re-design, internal 250GB hard drive, and on board Wi-Fi. It's also rumored it will get a price drop to $199 so that the price of Kinect won't seem quite so high.
    Is that realy even slimmer than the normal 360? I suppose the redesign look is mostly to generate buzz but I'll be curious to see once the actual dimensions are released how much different it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Is that realy even slimmer than the normal 360? I suppose the redesign look is mostly to generate buzz but I'll be curious to see once the actual dimensions are released how much different it is.
    I wonder if the repackaging with wi-fi and price drop is the main draw rather than it being slim (which it doesn't look any slimmer...maybe that was a rumor).

It's not slimmer, they're just redesigning the case of it, the case design of the games are changing, too, and they're adding features that should have been added from the get go. They're just trying to bring some hype around their machine by redesigning some stuff to coincide with the release of Kinect. If it's $199, I'll probably buy it, otherwise, I have no use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post
    It's not slimmer, they're just redesigning the case of it, the case design of the games are changing, too, and they're adding features that should have been added from the get go. They're just trying to bring some hype around their machine by redesigning some stuff to coincide with the release of Kinect. If it's $199, I'll probably buy it, otherwise, I have no use for it.
    Wish I didn't buy a new Elite system for $300 back in February, but a 120GB HD is more than enough for me as most XBLA games do not take up as much space.

My 360 died and I never replaced it, so this would definitely be a good deal for me. HOWEVER, there is absolutely no way in hell that I'm going to buy it within the first 3 months of it coming out. I want to make sure that Microsoft doesn't "accidentally" design this thing so it has a 50% fail rate within a few months of buying it. As long as I have a 360 before Gears 3 in April, I'll be good. 99% of my gaming is done on PS3, anyway.

This is my guess as well, especially since Microsoft had a hard enough time getting the thing to run well in the current form factor.

Just a few minutes away from the Microsoft briefing. GTTV doing some great coverage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/microsoft

Links to the other shows are below on the site as well. EA is at 4 central, Ubisoft at 7 central.

ESPN on Xbox 360. looks interesting

The only real surprise, the new smaller 360 is out in stores THIS WEEK. Damn wish I waiting on getting a new system LOL.....those in attendance at the briefing got one shipped to them today for FREE ... that was a nice surprise for them. Overall the Microsoft briefing was disappointing.....the Kinetic stuff was stupid....but I guess I'm not in the casual audience.

Yeah, that was lame as hell. They finally incorporate features for a fair price, but the Kinect stuff was lame. Not impressed at all. Sony is going to run away with E3 this year.

Arcade is now dropped to $149 with the new console for 360.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Wish I didn't buy a new Elite system for $300 back in February, but a 120GB HD is more than enough for me as most XBLA games do not take up as much space.
    I didn't pay that much for mine, but same boat here. Would have been nice to know back then that a new one was planned although we might have been able to speculate since they had the COD special edition one that came with 250GB HDD over the holidays.
    Those punks.

Oh well, I needed to replace my gen1 pretty badly. That thing was crazy-loud.

The Microsoft presser was boring, but EA's was pretty good. Sony should steal the show.

I'm hoping Ubisoft might have some surprises in store for their press conference. But all eyes will definitely be on Sony tomorrow.

Very impressed with Crysis 2, and Bulletstorm looks good too. About 10 minutes left in the EA briefing that I missed earlier....gonna watch it after Ubisoft which starts in a couple minutes.

Bulletstorm is going to be hella fun.

EA totally blew everyone else away today. Ubisoft brought out fitness, laser tag, and stress relieving for the PC....but AC: Brotherhood looked sweet.

Yeah, EA definitely won today. Microsoft's was terrible, and Ubisoft's was so-so. I was very impressed with all that EA had to show, and they truly have a TON of content coming in the next several months. I don't see any way Sony can lose this E3. They've ALREADY revealed Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, etc...

Plus they've got a bunch of games that we know little about like The Agency, Agent, and DC Universe Online. EA is using the PS3 as the lead platform on most of their games, and it seems Ubisoft is really leaning towards the PS3 with their development of AC Brotherhood.

Combine that with 2 new versions of the PS3 coming out, the very impressive looking Move, the probable Premium PSN, etc...and their poised to dominate E3.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    EA totally blew everyone else away today. Ubisoft brought out fitness, laser tag, and stress relieving for the PC....but AC: Brotherhood looked sweet.
    I really want to see what the online aspect of AC Brotherhood will be like. I'm still waiting for AC 3 though, I gotta know how the story ends.

The Sly Cooper Collection will be revealed tomorrow as part of the Sony press conference. A blurry image on 1UP, taken at the as-yet-unopened PlayStation booth, not only announces the title but also touts 3D support as one of its key features. An independent source confirmed to Joystiq that Sly Cooper Collection is very much a real thing, and that other PS2 HD remixes are likely to be seen during the show.
    Joystiq

I absolutely love that they're remastering all these great series from the PS2 days and releasing them on a single bluray for PS3. Never played the series, so can't wait to try it out.