Thread: "Shocking” Madden NFL 13 Announcement Forthcoming (Fantasy Draft)

• Facebook
  • Display

"Shocking” Madden NFL 13 Announcement Forthcoming (Fantasy Draft)

Rumors of substantial patches and/or updates to the Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers mode have been circulating around the web and twitter-sphere for the past week or so now. Just how true are they? Well, a tip provided to me by Madden 13 Senior Designer and Connected Careers Guru, Josh Looman, may offer up a clue.

I was able to chat extensively today with Josh, and though the majority of our Connected Careers focused discussion will be revealed in my RipTen Madden 13 mega review, yet to be published, I do have one scoop for you passed on to me by Josh himself.

While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later. Could this be the highly requested player editing capability? Only time will tell.

http://www.ripten.com/2012/09/13/exc...t-forthcoming/

I have it on good authority that the game will now be played as flag football... no tackling at all.

Actually, the Lingerie Football League is getting patched in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Actually, the Lingerie Football League is getting patched in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This new replacement refs option is going to be awesome.

Seriously though, is the author or Looman using the "shocking" terminology? If it is player editing or fantasy draft, etc. it certainly would be a great addition for a segment of the community but it also isn't going to move the needle for the majority of Madden gamers. The term 'shocking' - if it came from EA - is only putting the bar too high and diminishing the work put in to whatever feature(s) may be coming down the pike.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The term 'shocking' - if it came from EA - is only putting the bar too high and diminishing the work put in to whatever feature(s) may be coming down the pike.

+1

I get very nervous to hear EA + Patch + Shocking ....they don't have the best track record for "regular patches".

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I have it on good authority that the game will now be played as flag football... no tackling at all.
    If it's up to Roger Goodell, yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

probably just roster editing..? odds are something less fascinating then that even.

Humorous how they try to make a toy sound so important.

well, not bad LOL

Whoops. Just saw this after posting in the Madden thread. I don't do fantasy drafts but great news for those that like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't do fantasy drafts but great news for those that like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't been around here lately so I missed this announcement. Well, that's awesome for those of you who like FANTASY DRAFT. I would have loved to see player editing but maybe that will be next?

I think we will get player editing. It better not just be numbers though. I want positions too and ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think we will get player editing. It better not just be numbers though. I want positions too and ratings.
    Me too but I don't think there is any way they will let ratings be edited. Numbers, equipment, and positions MUST at the very least be added. And, that goes for ALL players in the game, not just your own team. Giving some control back to the user will help get rid of some of the little annoying issues in CCM/franchise. As to whether or not editing will be added... I hope so but I don't know. FANTASY DRAFT was a definitie "no" and then overnight it's in the game in "online mode" (funny I thought offline franchise was gutted so all modes would be the same... I guess not...). Maybe the way CCM was created makes it impossible to add editing? At this point I don't think adding in editing is fait accompli.

On the Game Changers website the net voting for Fantasy Draft was a +1750 or something like that. For an obscure feedback site to get that many vote after people find it is pretty high. EA obviously committed themselves to solving problem #1 on their own forum.

Hey guys,

Saw that you sourced my article a few days ago. Someone here asked if it was me or the dev that was saying "shocking." So to be clear, it was Josh Looman, the creator of the new Connected Careers mode who used the word "shocking. Also, I published the review that I was talking about in that article and you guys can find it here (http://www.ripten.com/2012/09/21/rip...madden-nfl-13/). Have to warn you thought it is 14,570 words because I went over everything that most other reviewers don't bother to do when they just arbitrarily hand out a 9 to it after playing it for a few hours. In this review I also have more comments from Josh as well.

If you have any questions or comments you would like me to address with EA Sports or Josh himself just leave a comment on the review and I will do my best. I try to respond to everyone.

Also, if you find updates/patches that you think I should add to the review (if something has been fixed since my review) leave that as a comment as well and I will add an update to the review once I am able to verify it.

Thanks!
    Chad

Well call me Ishamel, who would have though you could use that many words to describe a whale video game. I think this is the first time on the internet when it is not improper to say, "Too long... Did not Read." Props for typing up 14,570 words knowing that half the people that hit the page will scroll click link for page seven to look for a score and possibly a short final comments paragraph.

Spoiler: show
    A 6 out of 10. It was the whale, in the sea, using Ahab's harpoon.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Gamer View Post
    Hey guys,

Saw that you sourced my article a few days ago. Someone here asked if it was me or the dev that was saying "shocking." So to be clear, it was Josh Looman, the creator of the new Connected Careers mode who used the word "shocking. Also, I published the review that I was talking about in that article and you guys can find it here (http://www.ripten.com/2012/09/21/rip...madden-nfl-13/). Have to warn you thought it is 14,570 words because I went over everything that most other reviewers don't bother to do when they just arbitrarily hand out a 9 to it after playing it for a few hours. In this review I also have more comments from Josh as well.

If you have any questions or comments you would like me to address with EA Sports or Josh himself just leave a comment on the review and I will do my best. I try to respond to everyone.

Also, if you find updates/patches that you think I should add to the review (if something has been fixed since my review) leave that as a comment as well and I will add an update to the review once I am able to verify it.

Thanks!
    Chad
    Excellent read. I really enjoyed it. I agree with everything you have said. This is why I passed on 13.

Very good review. I agreed with many of his points but not all (expecially the replays which are terrible in the M13 demo) so my decision to pass on Madden this year appears to be an excellent one. I can easily play Madden 12 for another year with the M13 roster file.