Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,181 to 1,194 of 1194

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Fuck, Bill. That sucks.

I'm sorry you went through that. I had 4-5 feet of water in my house about 8 years ago (Ike) but I had evacuated. The one lesson I learned from that is that all of the shit (personal mementos, memorabilia, heirlooms, etc) that I had held dear didn't fucking matter. I'm a changed person from being through that.

Again, I'm glad you and your lovely wife are safe.

Have you guys been able to start cleaning up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Fuck, Bill. That sucks.

I'm sorry you went through that. I had 4-5 feet of water in my house about 8 years ago (Ike) but I had evacuated. The one lesson I learned from that is that all of the shit (personal mementos, memorabilia, heirlooms, etc) that I had held dear didn't fucking matter. I'm a changed person from being through that.

Again, I'm glad you and your lovely wife are safe.
    Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

I was cool the entire time it was happening. I didn't care too much about losing stuff. I only cared about my wife's emotional state and keeping my dogs above the water. My wife had 2 brief moments of emotional distress but she held it together much better than I anticipated. What I think helped her was that once we made it to a friend's house after rescue (thanks again #CajunNavy), she realized that she could redo the house HGTV-style. She was pretty excited about that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Again, Smooth, I'm glad you're safe.

We've had a run of bad weather in recent months among our small group here. A couple of flooding spells in Houston which fucked people all around me (within 10 minutes), Bill getting flooded and your close call.

I'm just thankful everyone made it out okay.

When we were in Orlando on Wednesday a massive storm rolled in. Thunder, lighting and sheets of heavy rain. Those storms you get back east are pretty intense. Again, thank goodness everyone is safe!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Holy shit! Glad both Smooth and souljahbill are both okay. Jesus weather is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Have you guys been able to start cleaning up?

Sorry I missed this.

House is gutted. Stuff is trashed. Insurance adjuster has come through and basically said the house is a disaster. Termite guy is coming next week to treat for termites as well as kill any mold. Then the house has to dry and my wife and I have to finish totaling up the loses to get out money to rebuild.

Thanks guys for asking and caring. How's the recovery in your neck of the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Sorry I missed this.

House is gutted. Stuff is trashed. Insurance adjuster has come through and basically said the house is a disaster. Termite guy is coming next week to treat for termites as well as kill any mold. Then the house has to dry and my wife and I have to finish totaling up the loses to get out money to rebuild.

Thanks guys for asking and caring. How's the recovery in your neck of the woods?
    Cleanup's coming along. The good thing about so much farmland around here is very few buildings actually got hit. I think the total in the tornado we had here was one business, 5 houses and a couple barns were damaged or destroyed. The majority of it was crop damage.

Hey guys,
    It's been a long time since I've been around, and I'm a really sorry for the shameless solicitation I'm about to post, but they tell me that every share and every dollar matters. I don't know if this thread is really right for it, but . A lot of you guys are among the closest friends I have, so I wanted you to at least know what's going on. Any help for my family would be fantastic.

https://www.gofundme.com/jerrybrawner
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

My high school just had a school shooting this morning. My father works at the school and my nephew is a freshman there. Thankfully, both are o.k.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    My high school just had a school shooting this morning. My father works at the school and my nephew is a freshman there. Thankfully, both are o.k.
    Holy crap. I saw news of a school shooting in Kentucky I believe it was, but to have it be your high school with family working or attending there still, I can't even imagine the feelings you must have had upon seeing that news. I'm glad to hear your dad and nephew are OK CLW.

Small world. I’m glad to hear your family is ok. My condolences go out to those who aren’t so lucky. I teach in a school and this is something we unfortunately prepare for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Holy crap. I saw news of a school shooting in Kentucky I believe it was, but to have it be your high school with family working or attending there still, I can't even imagine the feelings you must have had upon seeing that news. I'm glad to hear your dad and nephew are OK CLW.
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Small world. I’m glad to hear your family is ok. My condolences go out to those who aren’t so lucky. I teach in a school and this is something we unfortunately prepare for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Yeah My mom taught in the school system there (elementary) until she retired last year and they had the state police go through the entire school system pre-school - high school to teach the faculty how to handle the situation (a neighboring high school 30 mins away had a school shooting when i was in high school 20 years ago) and sounds like all the proper protocols were followed.

The local media is reporting that the shooter dropped his gun (presumably after all his shots were fired) and attempted to mingle back into the fleeing student population but was caught by students/faculty and then taken into police custody.

Thanks guys! Yeah My mom taught in the school system there (elementary) until she retired last year and they had the state police go through the entire school system pre-school - high school to teach the faculty how to handle the situation (a neighboring high school 30 mins away had a school shooting when i was in high school 20 years ago) and sounds like all the proper protocols were followed.

The local media is reporting that the shooter dropped his gun (presumably after all his shots were fired) and attempted to mingle back into the fleeing student population but was caught by students/faculty and then taken into police custody.
    Seriously, every school in the nation should go through training to handle situations like this. It may be expensive, but we have reached a point in this country that it literally can happen at any school. Even here in NW Ohio, there was word going around about a school shooting threat being made towards one of the nearby schools. When the lives of hundreds of kids are concerned, thinking "it'll never happen here" is a foolish and idiotic thought.

Glad to hear your family all made it out safe CLW, and that the number of fatalities and wounded wasn't worse. Also glad to hear they got the jackass alive. The shooter can face deserved justice, and the police, school and families can get a reasoning and motive behind why the kid did it.

Update: sounds like everyone else is "expected" to recover physically. One of the more seriously wounded is a pretty good friend of my nephew (baseball teammates) who was air evacuated out to Vandy (2 hour drive away) had a successful initial surgery after suffering apparently multiple gun shot wounds to the chest/abdomen