Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Having a sense of humor isn't a skill that really depreciates.

People need to Stop it with all this "black on black crime too". This has nothing to do with black on black crime. I'm sick of people trying to say that bullshit. Is black on black crime a problem? Certainly. Does that change the fact of what happened? Fuck no. Why is that even relevant to what this case is about? Gang violence and police violence are the same thing? Fuck no.

How about white on white violence? How about 87% of white people who are murdered getting killed by other white people.

Look I can throw in irrelevant facts too.

It's insane people can think someone would freak out on a cop for telling him to get out of the street. Who in the world would do that? Nobody.

How many gun wielding police are killed by unarmed civilians? I don't know that stat but I would guess to say not many at all. The fact this police officer shot this guys four times then thought at that point "wow I know he's probably almost fatally wounded but he's still gonna kill me" is ludicrous.

Stop trying to downplay this situation by saying what "the real" problem is.

If you look at the number of unarmed black people killing cops vs the number of cops killing unarmed blacks I guarentee cops are running up the score and it's a blowout.

Tired of this shit. People thinking black people are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop in his car for telling him to get out of the street. That's absurd.

And, I, have never stolen anythkng from a store because I know better than to let a white person see me fall into that stereotype. But I do live in a middle class area and had many white friends who would often shoplift from gas stations and take gum of whatever dumb shit. I never once thought they were a "thug" or anything other than a dumb kid.

And to all you white people in here I'm SURE you had a dumb white friend growing up would shoplift a small item. And I'm sure they grew up to be fine citizens of America.

But nah. This dude was just a deranged thug who was on a suicidal rampage that day.

Right.

I'm so tired of people manipulating statistics to suit their agenda. Gang violence is related to poverty. We established decades ago that to combat gang violence we need better access to education and we need resources to improve Black youth employment. The blatant racism that's in our justice system prevents that from even happening. Kids can't get educated if they're being thrown behind bars or shot for the same thing a white kid would get probation for. These are both problems that need to be addressed because they're connected. one is not more important than the other.

Kid, your naivety and blind ignorance is still showing. As said before, actually grow up and maybe reach your 29s, experience life outside whatever neighborhood you live in Toledo, and then maybe you'll have an actual clue what you're talking about. I will say, you are a great parrot! Al Sharpton would be proud of you!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Kid, your naivety and blind ignorance is still showing. As said before, actually grow up and maybe reach your 29s, experience life outside whatever neighborhood you live in Toledo, and then maybe you'll have an actual clue what you're talking about. I will say, you are a great parrot! Al Sharpton would be proud of you!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

Yep u lost. U can't prove any of the above posts wrong. Take your L bruh

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...984_story.html

Leaving scene by himself

Wash blood off hands

Check his gun into evidence himself

Maybe CLW could clear some of the legal speak but does these things and other stated by others regarding the lack of cross X/missed questions normally happen in court of law?
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 11-28-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Still awaiting SmoothPancakes response or he can gladly take his L

I don't see how anyone sides with Wilson when the physical evidence states that the bullet that killed Brown was shot from over 100 feet away. So how could he have been threatening Wilson's life at the time of him shooting him?

Also, Wilson shot him 9 fuckin times bro. That shit is unacceptable.

The riots have put people in the mood of finding a fault in black people and now they're really trying to say dude deserved to die.

WHEW TOO POWERFUL

what the heck does racism have to do with young thugs trying to get away with illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    Still awaiting SmoothPancakes response or he can gladly take his L
    Some of us that this thing called WORK and can't sit around on our lazy asses all day. Of course, I doubt you have ever heard of such a thing called work before. Well, you'll learn in due time. And if not, well, you'll enjoy spending quality time with your friends on Cell Block D.

Some of us that this thing called WORK and can't sit around on our lazy asses all day. Of course, I doubt you have ever heard of such a thing called work before. Well, you'll learn in due time. And if not, well, you'll enjoy spending quality time with your friends on Cell Block D.

Yep handle this L. Theres nothing u can say bruh. U lost

Yep handle this L. Theres nothing u can say bruh. U lost
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Hey, now there is a white dude that liked black people.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Hey, now there is a white dude that liked black people.
    propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    propaganda
    He liked them and hated slavery but fair to say he preferred to send them back to their native land when it was all said and done.

Man Dhook this is going to push my reasonable questions and dialogue back..

CLW or anyone in the know won't see it.

People need to Stop it with all this "black on black crime too". This has nothing to do with black on black crime. I'm sick of people trying to say that bullshit. Is black on black crime a problem? Certainly. Does that change the fact of what happened? Fuck no. Why is that even relevant to what this case is about? Gang violence and police violence are the same thing? Fuck no.

How about white on white violence? How about 87% of white people who are murdered getting killed by other white people.

Look I can throw in irrelevant facts too.
    Does black on black crime have anything directly to do with what happened that night in Ferguson? No. What it DOES have to do with Ferguson is Al Sharpton and the rest of the national black leaders. Every single time a black kid gets killed by a white (or in the case of Trayvon Martin, hispanic) cop or person, Al Sharpton and his cronies start warming up the jets and sit there preaching on TV and calling for protests. Yet blacks kill other blacks in cities all over the country EVERY SINGLE DAY, and not a fucking peep out of them. You know why? Because Sharpton and company are nothing but hacks. They don't give a fuck about Martin or Brown or their families. They are doing nothing but exploiting a tragedy to gain free air time on TV to sit there pushing their agendas and raking in donation money.

It's insane people can think someone would freak out on a cop for telling him to get out of the street. Who in the world would do that? Nobody.

And once again you prove just how naive and ignorant you truly are. People freak out on cops every day for NO REASON. Fuck, just look at that guy in Pennsylvania who ambushed and killed one State Trooper and injured another, then proceeded to lead them on something like a 7 week (can't remember the exact total) manhunt through rural Pennsylvania woods. Other than the police thinking he had some sort of grudge against the police (they'll never know for sure now), without any provocation, he shot at a state trooper barracks with a high powered rifle.

If someone does sick shit like that without any direct provocation, then someone sure as hell could freak out on a cop for telling him to get out of the street. Plus I love how you assume the only reason Brown would have freaked out on Wilson is for telling him to get out of the street. It couldn't POSSIBLY have had something to do with, oh I don't know, the fact that Brown had just robbed a convenience store and as far as Brown knew, could have thought that Wilson was about to arrest him? That couldn't POSSIBLY been the reason why?

Plus, I can flip your statement around and say who the fuck intentionally walks down the middle of a busy street, disrupting the flow of traffic? Who in the world would do that? Nobody. (Besides apparently Michael Brown). That's the other thing everyone conveniently ignores or forgets. If Michael Brown hadn't stolen from a store, there would never be any question as to if he might have attack Wilson because he thought he was about to be arrested. There would never be any questions as to the character and morality of Michael Brown. If he hadn't been walking in the middle of the street (disrupting the flow of traffic IS a crime by the way), Wilson would have never stopped him and ordered him to get out of the street and that entire situation would have never happened. But everyone just ignores that nothing would have ever happened had Michael Brown just walked on the sidewalk like a normal person and not in the middle of a busy street like a dumbass.

How many gun wielding police are killed by unarmed civilians? I don't know that stat but I would guess to say not many at all. The fact this police officer shot this guys four times then thought at that point "wow I know he's probably almost fatally wounded but he's still gonna kill me" is ludicrous.
    Of course, keep harping on that whole "unarmed" angle. Despite the fact that in the heat of the moment, Wilson had NO idea whether or not Brown was armed. And considering Brown had just assaulted him in his cruiser and tried to take his gun and according to Wilson's report AND eyewitness reports, had started charging back at Wilson, any cop in the nation would end up firing. And guess what, people have still kept going even after being shot four times. Unless it's a kill shot to the head or heart or it's a shot to the leg that disables him for good and makes it so he can't get back up or keep charging, many people have kept charging through gunshots, especially when their adrenaline is high. With the way the body is at times, especially when with high adrenaline, you may not even realize immediately that you HAD been shot. The human body is a fucked up thing sometimes.

Stop trying to downplay this situation by saying what "the real" problem is.
    If you look at the number of unarmed black people killing cops vs the number of cops killing unarmed blacks I guarentee cops are running up the score and it's a blowout.

Tired of this shit. People thinking black people are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop in his car for telling him to get out of the street. That's absurd.
    And you call US racists. Yet for you, it's NOTHING BUT black vs. white. I don't believe anyone has said BLACK people are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop. So far many have said criminals and thugs are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop. And seeing as Brown was a criminal, well, the facts are the facts.

And, I, have never stolen anythkng from a store because I know better than to let a white person see me fall into that stereotype. But I do live in a middle class area and had many white friends who would often shoplift from gas stations and take gum of whatever dumb shit. I never once thought they were a "thug" or anything other than a dumb kid.

And to all you white people in here I'm SURE you had a dumb white friend growing up would shoplift a small item. And I'm sure they grew up to be fine citizens of America.

But nah. This dude was just a deranged thug who was on a suicidal rampage that day.

Right.
    Well, what about all your black friends? Or are you claiming ONLY white people steal things and black people are all saints and angels? It's funny, you claim many of your white friends have often shoplifted, as some of my black friends have shoplifted in the past. I guess people will shoplift no matter WHAT the race.

And no, he wasn't a deranged thug on a suicidal rampage that day. He was a criminal who likely thought the cop that pulled up to him was about to arrest him and rather than go to jail, decided to throw a couple shots at the cop to disorient him and then try and flee and escape the scene. Or it could be that he had just robbed a convenience store, thought he was tough shit and decided to challenge the cop trying to give big bad Mike Brown an order.

I'm so tired of people manipulating statistics to suit their agenda. Gang violence is related to poverty. We established decades ago that to combat gang violence we need better access to education and we need resources to improve Black youth employment. The blatant racism that's in our justice system prevents that from even happening. Kids can't get educated if they're being thrown behind bars or shot for the same thing a white kid would get probation for. These are both problems that need to be addressed because they're connected. one is not more important than the other.
    Let me guess, another racist claim that only white people manipulate statistics? Because I have seen PLENTY of black people (cough Al Sharpton cough) manipulate statistics.

And I will agree that gang violence is related to poverty and things DO need to change in this country. However, it's not a justice system problem. It's a morals and parenting problem. You blame the justice system, I blame the people who are out committing crimes who end up IN the justice system, as well as their parents, who failed to raise them properly to not commit crimes.

My parents actually cared about me and raised me correctly. I have never, in my nearly 30 years, committed a crime. Sure, I've broken a couple of traffic laws (I have a bit of a lead foot and have gotten a couple speeding tickets in the past), but I have never committed an actual crime.

Almost all of my friends from high school and college (both white AND black) have never committed crimes, and because that, almost all of my friends from high school and college are living productive lives and have great careers. On the flip side, I've had a couple friends (BOTH white and black) who were already causing issues, using drugs and getting in trouble with the law as high school students. Unsurprisingly, most of them have turned into career criminals who rotate in and out of jail on a regular basis.

Now unlike someone, I'm not ignorant or naive and can admit there are some issues in the justice system when it comes to discrimination. The statistics that blacks are more likely to be sentenced to jail or prison, and for longer sentences, than whites for drug crimes, are universally well known statistics. There are issues in the justice system and over time they will be fixed. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but they will be fixed in time, especially if we ever end this retarded drug war that failed from the moment it was started. But ultimately, it all comes down to parenting and morals. If parents actually DO THEIR JOBS (unlike lazy parents who just shove a table under the nose of their two year old and let that babysit their kid all day so mommy and daddy continue being lazy ass parents) and actually teach their children morals and right from wrong, and keep their kids from joining gangs or getting swept up in the gang or drug cultures, then those kids will go on to have successful lives and careers and will never end up in the same situation as Michael Brown.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-28-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Man Dhook this is going to push my reasonable questions and dialogue back..

CLW or anyone in the know won't see it.
    They are only reasonable if you were walking in the mans shoes. Have you ever shot someone? I have not but could imagine that it might have some impact on how I handled things, knowing I had just killed someone, the shock that follows. The things he did wrong really have little to no impact on the grand jurys decision. It's not like you are concealing a crime as there is a dead body untouched and more than a few people seeing the officer shoot the gun.

I can say it a hundred times but would still get ignored. If Brown was not under the influence and behaving like your average law abiding citizen, he would be alive today. He did not and Chris Rock had a little bit about this.

Does black on black crime have anything directly to do with what happened that night in Ferguson? No. What it DOES have to do with Ferguson is Al Sharpton and the rest of the national black leaders. Every single time a black kid gets killed by a white (or in the case of Trayvon Martin, hispanic) cop or person, Al Sharpton and his cronies start warming up the jets and sit there preaching on TV and calling for protests. Yet blacks kill other blacks in cities all over the country EVERY SINGLE DAY, and not a fucking peep out of them. You know why? Because Sharpton and company are nothing but hacks. They don't give a fuck about Martin or Brown or their families. They are doing nothing but exploiting a tragedy to gain free air time on TV to sit there pushing their agendas and raking in donation money.

And once again you prove just how naive and ignorant you truly are. People freak out on cops every day for NO REASON. Fuck, just look at that guy in Pennsylvania who ambushed and killed one State Trooper and injured another, then proceeded to lead them on something like a 7 week (can't remember the exact total) manhunt through rural Pennsylvania woods. Other than the police thinking he had some sort of grudge against the police (they'll never know for sure now), without any provocation, he shot at a state trooper barracks with a high powered rifle.

If someone does sick shit like that without any direct provocation, then someone sure as hell could freak out on a cop for telling him to get out of the street. Plus I love how you assume the only reason Brown would have freaked out on Wilson is for telling him to get out of the street. It couldn't POSSIBLY have had something to do with, oh I don't know, the fact that Brown had just robbed a convenience store and as far as Brown knew, could have thought that Wilson was about to arrest him? That couldn't POSSIBLY been the reason why?

Plus, I can flip your statement around and say who the fuck intentionally walks down the middle of a busy street, disrupting the flow of traffic? Who in the world would do that? Nobody. (Besides apparently Michael Brown). That's the other thing everyone conveniently ignores or forgets. If Michael Brown hadn't stolen from a store, there would never be any question as to if he might have attack Wilson because he thought he was about to be arrested. There would never be any questions as to the character and morality of Michael Brown. If he hadn't been walking in the middle of the street (disrupting the flow of traffic IS a crime by the way), Wilson would have never stopped him and ordered him to get out of the street and that entire situation would have never happened. But everyone just ignores that nothing would have ever happened had Michael Brown just walked on the sidewalk like a normal person and not in the middle of a busy street like a dumbass.

Of course, keep harping on that whole "unarmed" angle. Despite the fact that in the heat of the moment, Wilson had NO idea whether or not Brown was armed. And considering Brown had just assaulted him in his cruiser and tried to take his gun and according to Wilson's report AND eyewitness reports, had started charging back at Wilson, any cop in the nation would end up firing. And guess what, people have still kept going even after being shot four times. Unless it's a kill shot to the head or heart or it's a shot to the leg that disables him for good and makes it so he can't get back up or keep charging, many people have kept charging through gunshots, especially when their adrenaline is high. With the way the body is at times, especially when with high adrenaline, you may not even realize immediately that you HAD been shot. The human body is a fucked up thing sometimes.

[FONT=Arial]

And you call US racists. Yet for you, it's NOTHING BUT black vs. white. I don't believe anyone has said BLACK people are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop. So far many have said criminals and thugs are dumb enough to start punching an armed cop. And seeing as Brown was a criminal, well, the facts are the facts.

Well, what about all your black friends? Or are you claiming ONLY white people steal things and black people are all saints and angels? It's funny, you claim many of your white friends have often shoplifted, as some of my black friends have shoplifted in the past. I guess people will shoplift no matter WHAT the race.

And no, he wasn't a deranged thug on a suicidal rampage that day. He was a criminal who likely thought the cop that pulled up to him was about to arrest him and rather than go to jail, decided to throw a couple shots at the cop to disorient him and then try and flee and escape the scene. Or it could be that he had just robbed a convenience store, thought he was tough shit and decided to challenge the cop trying to give big bad Mike Brown an order.

Let me guess, another racist claim that only white people manipulate statistics? Because I have seen PLENTY of black people (cough Al Sharpton cough) manipulate statistics.

And I will agree that gang violence is related to poverty and things DO need to change in this country. However, it's not a justice system problem. It's a morals and parenting problem. You blame the justice system, I blame the people who are out committing crimes who end up IN the justice system, as well as their parents, who failed to raise them properly to not commit crimes.

My parents actually cared about me and raised me correctly. I have never, in my nearly 30 years, committed a crime. Sure, I've broken a couple of traffic laws (I have a bit of a lead foot and have gotten a couple speeding tickets in the past), but I have never committed an actual crime.

Almost all of my friends from high school and college (both white AND black) have never committed crimes, and because that, almost all of my friends from high school and college are living productive lives and have great careers. On the flip side, I've had a couple friends (BOTH white and black) who were already causing issues, using drugs and getting in trouble with the law as high school students. Unsurprisingly, most of them have turned into career criminals who rotate in and out of jail on a regular basis.

Now unlike someone, I'm not ignorant or naive and can admit there are some issues in the justice system when it comes to discrimination. The statistics that blacks are more likely to be sentenced to jail or prison, and for longer sentences, than whites for drug crimes, are universally well known statistics. There are issues in the justice system and over time they will be fixed. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but they will be fixed in time, especially if we ever end this retarded drug war that failed from the moment it was started. But ultimately, it all comes down to parenting and morals. If parents actually DO THEIR JOBS (unlike lazy parents who just shove a table under the nose of their two year old and let that babysit their kid all day so mommy and daddy continue being lazy ass parents) and actually teach their children morals and right from wrong, and keep their kids from joining gangs or getting swept up in the gang or drug cultures, then those kids will go on to have successful lives and careers and will never end up in the same situation as Michael Brown.

Don't agree really. But I can feel where u are coming from