Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    i will as soon as i get a chance to play on these sliders... i got some things to do at the office today, and maybe a lunch meeting, but after that i can run a few on these... ill take an average team and play itself C vs C... then take a C rated vs A rated... B vs A... then A vs A... and use the same C rated team... that should help with some insight... look for the offensive numbers to be higher than normal, because ill be running my offense... ill probably use rutgers... or the Vols... cant remember which is rated more average...

"E"

Guru I can't believe you're not doing this already, your coaching instincts should have kicked in and you should be doing film sessions on these sliders

=\ i know... sorry lol

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    called slants with a seam on the inside from twins, the CB on the inside of the Dime dropped in man, and so i went to throw the slant, and watched the CB on the outside actually take 3 steps and slide inside before my guy made his cut on the slant... i just thought telepathic coverage was just a bit TOO much... =)
    Fair enough, but I've seen that enough times that I'm used to it, lol. I just didn't want to turn it down at all so I could see the "best" coverage we could possibly go against. Wasn't impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Are any of you recording your games with these sliders? Might be a good idea and post them and we can all look at different things on different plays.
    Sadly, no recording capability for me. Not that it would matter anyway ... that would have been a worthless game from a recording standpoint. It was just sick.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Gameplay Options:
    Skill: All-American
    Quarter Length: 8 min
    Game Speed: Fast
    Player Min Speed Treshold: 0

Game Rules:
    Offsides: 70
    False Start: 70
    Holding: 50
    Facemask: 40
    Offensive PI: 70
    Defensive PI: 70
    KR/PR Interference: 90
    Clipping: 50
    Intentional Grounding: 100
    Roughing the Passwe: 80
    Roughing the Kicker: 85

Custom AI: (HUM/CPU)
    QB Accuracy: 35/40
    Pass Blocking: 45/35 <----changed human pass blocking to account for the speed going to fast game play for edge rushers
    WR Catching: 45/45
    RB Ability: 40/50
    Run Blocking: 60/55<----changed human run blocking again to account for the speed
    Pass Coverage: 50/55<----changed cpu pass coverage to account for the speed pf my WR's
    Pass Rush: 60/55
    Intercpetions: 35/35
    Rush Defense: 35/40
    Tackling: 45/35
    FG Power: 5/20
    FG Accuracy: 20/55
    Punt Power: 30/50
    Punt Accuracy: 35/55
    Kickoff Power: 30/30

with lower threshold and fast gameplay setting i made the adjustments above to account for some areas lacking i found in practice mode... going to test some games out tonight and tomorrow and post the stats... edge rushing for pass and run blocking was a bit overwhelming with the original and also timing routes (slants, digs, and outs mainly) were beastly with the speed differential so i juiced up the pass coverage... you can still get a timing route off, but now instead of the guy being 5+ yards off the WR trailing him, hw will be a step behind...

"E"
    Last edited by xGRIDIRONxGURUx; 12-07-2010 at 01:33 AM.

From another dynasty, came across this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Schauwn
    My second game, playing as OSU against SDSU, it was much easier, 45-0. So, here are the sliders I've found. I'm going to try them as an A team vs A team and see how it does, since most of us have A teams then that should be a good barometer as to how things will turn out.

Here are my sliders, I'll post Oneback's in parentheses.
    Code:
    HUM    (OB)     /       CPU     (OB)
    25        (35)     /       25        (40)
    15        (40)     /       20        (35)
    35        (45)     /       40        (45)
    40        (40)     /       45        (50)
    25        (55)     /       50        (55)
    50        (50)     /       55        (50)
    35        (60)     /       25        (55)
    20        (35)     /       15        (35)
    25        (35)     /       35        (40)
    40        (45)     /       45        (35)
    10        (5)       /        5          (20)
    40        (20)     /       45        (55)
    10        (30)     /       0          (50)
    35        (35)     /       75        (55)
    45        (30)     /       45        (30)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well, I definitely agree they would need to be tweaked. I've played one quarter and I'm up 24-0 on UNC with Troy. Now, I've only been playing offense (super sim defense), but still. I'm using TKO27's default sliders because I forgot Guru had said he tweaked them. I'll try tweaking them now and see if it improves as the game goes along.
    I'm willing to reconsider my previous post on TKO27's sliders. I just used an Option offense against Wyoming, and while I should have had a substantial talent advantage, it didn't feel significant on the offensive side of the ball. Yet again, I only played offense, and simmed the defense. I ended up getting 156 yards on the ground, but that was on a ridiculous 50 carries. I broke a few plays open, but had just as many that went nowhere. Longest run for any of my ballcarriers was 18. Didn't do much passing in the game, but what I did saw a lot better coverage and lot fewer "gimme" routes. Slants were often closely guarded or stopped because of press coverage.

This was all on Heisman, of course. Based on what I've seen in this game (and a few others, because it turns out these were the sliders in my test OD), Heisman is at least worth reconsidering. My current concern is still that the running game would be overpowered on default sliders, which I'm hoping to check in the near future.

Just played most of a second game ... and man did I get my ass handed to me. Coverage was very good (maybe a little too good, but I'm not going to complain about that), and the defense was flying around the field. This was pretty much an even-rated game against Stanford. My QB in this test team is horrible, and he proved it, throwing 4 or 5 INTs and just having terrible accuracy once he got rattled. I broke a couple big runs, including a 78-yard option play, but otherwise my entire offense was ineffective. Very impressive.

I've got a new set of sliders that I am mulling over. I was thinking about posting them this weekend so everyone can start testing then get them put in at the begining of next season. They will make the CPU challenge you.

Cool I think we need it. Too many 80-3 scores out there IMO

OB, AA or Heisman?

All-American

I've updated the sliders on the first post, everyone please test them and let me know what you think.

I'm beginning to think that my Air Raid offense is utterly impossible for the CPU to stop, no matter what sliders we use. As of halftime:

Troy was hometeam so I didn't have to worry about the influence of HFA on the results.

Most concerning thing for me is Bama's rushing. Ingram had 15 yards on the opening play (silly me, I Pass Committed), then 8 rushes for 16 combined yards the rest of the half.

Well, that was one of the worst 2nd halves I've ever been part of. Wow.

Game stats:

As you can tell, the CPU rushing offense still couldn't really get going, though Ingram and Richardson did have a few 10+ yard runs. A lot of questionable play calling and AI problems was the root cause of Alabama not coming back at all. They were just outside the redzone twice, maybe three times. Had 2 4th down conversions that they missed ... one of which was because of broken AI with the Slip Screen (back blocked, got caught in the animation and didn't go out for the pass). They also had two fumbles.

Ingram ended 13 for 67, which was a lot better than his first half total. He got injured in the second half though. Richardson was a fairly pedestrian 7 for 27 with a 13 yard long.

One thing that I did like was that it was fairly clear that my DBs could not keep up with the Bama receivers. That's how it should be.

Most concerning thing for me is Bama's rushing. Ingram had 15 yards on the opening play (silly me, I Pass Committed), then 8 rushes for 16 combined yards the rest of the half.

My offensive performance in the second half, as you can see by comparing the two posts, was pathetic. Couldn't rush the ball out of the Wildcat at all, though I did have more success out of Shotgun (and that's what I was doing in the first half, actually). Passing in the second half was mostly wide open passes that sailed and one mind-boggling drop. Didn't really have much in the way of the defense stopping me, more me stopping myself.

Well, I'm completely confused by these sliders. Played two games tonight with two completely different results. Now, I did change a lot of my play calling in the second game, but that alone shouldn't explain the results.

First game was my Teambuilder test team at UNC (A rated defense). I got killed. As with some of my other recent tests, I was running the offense and Super Simming the defense. But my offense couldn't get anything going at all. I scored on the opening kickoff, but I don't think I managed more than 2 first downs for the rest of the half.

In the second game, it was the same Teambuilder team, with the same playbook, at Texas (A- rated defense). Completely different story. I played the whole game, as with the last playing offense and simming defense. I won 30-24. More importantly, I gained 354 rushing yards on 48 carries. Now, I did have a couple of big runs that broke open ... but that's maybe 110? or so of the total. That still leaves 200+ yards of decent offense.

Very interesting results tonight. Not really sure what to think, actually.

That most likely means they're good sliders. You should look at the individual ratings of the players on the teams you played. Even though they may be rated similar as a team defense, their individual players might be better at stopping the run on North Carolina than Texas.

I agree with your assessment, Escobar. I was just very, very surprised by the results, especially after I shredded UNC through the air a few weeks ago with my Troy playbook. When UNC handed me that whoopin' in the first game, I thought I was going to have to completely rethink my offense. More convinced then ever that we can't fix pass defense with sliders, but the rush defense is at a good point right now.

It was also an amazing experience to see how uncomposed my QB was playing at Texas. Haven't had to play with many inexperienced QBs this year. His lines were shaking so much they looked like EKGs.

The passing game is getting close and may need to be tweeked some more, but the running game has a bit to go. As a team Nevada led the nation with 6.3 yards per rush this season, with the bulk of the good teams in the mid 5's. I think the CPU running game is almost going to be helpless unless I make them way overpowered.

I haven't spent much time on the defensive side of the ball because my defensive play is a totally unknown entity at this point ... I can't even trust if it's the defense that's doing something wrong, the sliders, or me. I've been much more concerned about the CPU defense because, personally, I think it's the CPU defense that's the real big difference between HUM and CPU play.

All that being said, you're probably right that it's a fine line between horrible and overdone for the CPU running game.