Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Online Play Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    yea, those picks were kinda outrageous especially the one off the tipped pass. I ran 4 verticals and didnt want it to seem that I just sent them on flys just to run. I did manage to run fairly well

I wouldn't have blamed you at all for running seam routes. I was sitting in zone most of the game so it definitely would've probably worked. I ran it a good many times against you but I just could not get the ball completed.

I just hate how the interceptions are setup. The DB will actually warp through the WR to pick the ball off, which is crap. That's exactly what happened on the last pick as I was driving. I went to user catch it and your DB literally went through my WR to catch it. That's another reason why man defense is so effective. It's like the DBs are ghosts and can just warp right through the receiver, which makes for one retarded ass looking animation.

Wow you guys get Zone defenses to work? I'd be interested in seeing how that works. Every time I call a zone play I get torched.

90% of my defense is zone. The only time I bring man is on 3rd/4th down passing situations, and whenever I feel like bringing heat from the corners. I've had tons and tons and tons of success using zone and covering up holes manually with a LB or safety. People are so used to seeing man that they usually have tons of trouble moving the ball against me.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    90% of my defense is zone. The only time I bring man is on 3rd/4th down passing situations, and whenever I feel like bringing heat from the corners. I've had tons and tons and tons of success using zone and covering up holes manually with a LB or safety. People are so used to seeing man that they usually have tons of trouble moving the ball against me.
    I agree, I play more zone than anything. I feel like i can take the middle away with my S of LB.

Finally found a sim player last night in a unranked teambuilder game. I dont know how old he is but he friend requested me before I could friend him because He must have felt the same haha

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    I agree, I play more zone than anything. I feel like i can take the middle away with my S of LB.
    I must just suck on the sticks then b/c I get picked apart playing zone both online and against the CPU.

anybody have trouble defending the toss and counters? having trouble with these 2 runs.

Everyone is. That's all my last opponent in the EAGHCS did. It's very simple - it's unstoppable. For whatever reason, the entire defense gets sucked towards the middle of the line which creates these huge ass running lanes to the outside. I've tried everything I could possibly think of and the best I've done is contain it until the inevitable broken tackle which just unleashes the domino effect. It's pure bullshit.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Everyone is. That's all my last opponent in the EAGHCS did. It's very simple - it's unstoppable. For whatever reason, the entire defense gets sucked towards the middle of the line which creates these huge ass running lanes to the outside. I've tried everything I could possibly think of and the best I've done is contain it until the inevitable broken tackle which just unleashes the domino effect. It's pure bullshit.
    Have people not tried putting the DEs on contain and blitzing the OLBs?

Granted I haven't used it against humans, but it works pretty damn well against the CPU without having to run commit at all.

Doesn't work. The pulling lineman picks them up if they do manage to not get sucked into the middle of the line.

Freshman
    Hey guys, I found a D to stop all that no huddle toss counter crap!!! 2-4-5 slant zone 2
    Last edited by TheRezyReb; 07-29-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: add info