Thread: Rant about your job

• Facebook
  • Display

Rant about your job

Lets rant about our job[ if it won't get you in trouble].
    I enjoy my job but sometimes

Note to all: Just because you haven't had crack for 4 days and can't sleep does not mean you need to go to the ER at 2am, to get drugs to help you sleep.

Alright, I'll bite. I got at 5pm last night. Sat in a studio until midnight due to HS football. Our broadcast game got delayed around 9:50 due to lightning, with a grand total of 4 whole damn minutes left in the entire game. 11:15, they postponed it until 6pm tonight (I bet the opponent is looking forward to making an 1+ drive all the way back here the very next day just for a whole 4 minutes of football). By the time I got my usually post-football game stuff done after they officially postponed it, I wasn't walking out the door until midnight.

Got home, ate dinner, had some stuff I had to work on, and left at 2am for my morning show, staying up the entire night. Was at my morning show until 9am, though I didn't leave until 9:10 due to being on the phone with a co-worker/boss going over some stuff in the logs for Ohio State football. Got back to town after 9:30, was talking to a co-worker about something when I dropped the van back off at the station, found out right as I was about to leave my front left tire was extremely low on air, almost flat.

Had to slowly make my way to the nearest gas station to try and get some air put in the tire. Turned the out machine was broken. So bought a can of fix-a-flat to get some air pressure built up in the tire, then made my way down the road to the next gas station, filled the tire up, didn't make it home until 10:20 (usually home by 9:45). By the time I got changed and settled down, I wasn't able to instantly fall asleep like normal and sat there until noon.

I just work up at 4:30, getting a grand total of 4 1/2 hours of sleep since 5pm Friday night, and have to go back into work for upwards of two hours thanks to having to play out the final four minutes of our HS football game from last night, and in the process try to listen to and keep track of the Idaho-Bowling Green pregame show in cue because I have to delete spot blocks from the log originally set for the BGSU pregame, so that when HS football is done and it's time to go back to regular programming (or in tonight's case BGSU football), there won't be extra spot blocks in the game log and things won't be all fucked up. All while still tired as a motherfucker.

Not so much a "I hate my job" moment, more like I hate the goddamn weather and the way my hours weave together during Fridays and Saturdays in the fall, causing me extreme lack of sleep and moments like this I have to get up for more crap and can't sleep uninterrupted until 6 or 7 or 8pm like I would like.

My boss really sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    My boss really sucks
    Thats because you're self employed.