Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Iron Dragon's PS3 Roster Updates

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'd say leave him at QB, but give him WR skills. And put him on the depth chart as the 1 or 2 WR and 2 QB.

EMU QB Alex Gillett should have a higher SPD and ACC rating. He leads the team in rushing right now with 150 yards and a 5.0 ypc average.
    The same with UCF Fr QB Jeffery Godfrey--took over for Calabrese Sat night and had some nice rushes as well as passes in the 2nd half, leading the Knights to 2 2nd half scores. They would of won the game if McDuffie didn't fumble the catch in the last minute.

Lattimore is South Carolina's starting running back for sure after his performance the last 2 weeks.

Also, Akron RB Nate Burney should be created or replace with whoever is last on the depth chart. #15, RS SR, dark skin, 5'6 170. Both him and Allen had over 100 yards rushing last week(it was against Gardner Webb mind you- but he did have a good game against Syracuse the week before).

ULL running back depth chart:
    #1 Julian Shankle
    #2 Aaron Spikes(FR 5-10 195)
    #3 Kevis Streeter (JR 5-8-183)
    #4 Robert Walker
    Can't remember if he's in the game, but Javone Lawson (SO WR 6-1-183) was the only true frosh to play for the Cajuns last year. Also, he's their top return man.
    Last edited by GoZips; 09-13-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Here is Michigan's new re-tooled ratings:

Denard Robinson 86 OVR +4 THA
    Devin Gardner 77 OVR +2 AWR
    Tate Forcier 76 OVR (-20 AWR, looks like he's basically quit the team, easiest way to drop rating)
    I'm not a michigan fan, and I haven't looked into them a whole lot, but watching Denard Robinson the past two weeks, that dude needs to be higher than an 86 overall. He is just beastly.

Here are a few notes for some skill position players at Big 12 schools.

Kansas:

QB Jordan Webb took over the starting spot for Kale Pick, and led them to the upset win over Georgia Tech, so he should be bumped ahead of Pick.

HB James Sims is leading the team in rushing, averaging better than 5 yards per carry, but is a 68 overall in the game, and at the bottom of the depth chart. He's probably going to need to be bumped up quite a bit.
    -After looking at their boxscore statistics and comparing them to HB's in the game, a lot of the names
    aren't matching up, so this might need some looking into.

WR Daymond Patterson is leading the team in yards and catches, but does not appear on the game.

Texas A&M

WR Ryan Swope seems deserving of a couple point boost. He's an 81 but is leading the team in receptions and is second in yards. I would suggest raising his catching and route running skills, because they are fairly low and he is showing signs of being the teams best possession type receiver.

Oklahoma State:

HB Joseph Randle is getting carries ahead of Travis Miller and Justin Blackman.

WR's Justin Blackmon has 18 catches for 257 yards and Josh Cooper has 13 catches for 145, while the top listed WR on the game, Hubert Anyiam has one catch for three yards.

Baylor

QB Robert Griffins 87 rated speed is a joke. This guy can move. He ran college track in what should have been the spring of his senior year in high school, won the big 12 400 meter hurdles and placed third in the NCAA Outdoor Championships. So when a guy like Denard Robinson has an 92 speed, and Griffin has an 87, things seem a bit off. Not that Robinson isn't fast as hell, but I doubt he's faster than griffin, and if he is, it's not by much. I'd even say his overall rating of 92 is too low. If he didn't play for Baylor, he'd be talked about on a weekly basis as a top Heisman candidate. He's probably the best QB in the Big 12, in my opinion.

Iowa State

HB Shontrelle Johnson is getting the backup carries(what few there are) but is last on the depth chart at 68 overall. He should probably have a low 70's rating.

TE Collin Franklin is leading the team in receiving yards, and should probably be a little better than a 76 overall

Missouri

QB James Franklin is the backup, but is last on the games depth chart.

WR T.J. Moe is leading the team in yards and receptions by far, but he's 5th on the games depth chart, and rated way below the other WR's who have less than 1/4th of the receptions he has and half the yards.

TE Michael Egnew is catching the second most balls on the team and has the second most yards. He is listed second on the TE depth chart, which could be the true depth chart(I'm not sure) but his overall is way below Andrew Jones, who has only caught one pass. Obviously blocking is involved on TE's, but is seems that Egnew is a little underrated.

Nebraska

HB's Roy Helu Jr. and Rex Burkhead are splitting carries 50/50 and have almost identical stats, but helu is rated 93 and burkhead is rated 88. Personally I think helu is overrated, so maybe they should might a little closer in the middle around 90-91. - Burkhead also has nearly 100 receiving yards and Helu has none.

It appears that WR Will Henry is missing from the game.

Texas
    -This isn't a change, but more of a something to watch. HB Cody Johnson was named the starter at the start of the year, but after two games Foswhitt Whittaker is looking like the top guy. Since arriving at Texas in '08 he's been expected to be something special, and it looks like he might finally be showing it, averaging 7.1 yards per carry. I want to wait and see what happens with the HB's a little more before I suggest a change though.

Kansas State:
    - There are quite a few issues here, but I have a buddy that is going through the roster correcting depth charts and missing players, so I'll pass that on as soon as he gets it to me.

So far I've found no obvious flaws for Oklahoma, Texas Tech, or Colorado.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GoZips View Post
    Lattimore is South Carolina's starting running back for sure after his performance the last 2 weeks.
    I suggest Lattimore get a stat increase. He looks beastly from what I've seen. He ran for nearly 200 yards Saturday.

I'm working on Eastern Michigan. What a mess EA did.

Players on this roster that aren't actually on the team:
    2 QBs
    RB (already fixed, Ben Axon)
    DE
    2 CBs
    K
    P
    [will be updated]

Also if I didn't do rosters, I would have never known Eastern Michigan's punter is from Australia.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 09-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.

2 QBs
    DE
    2 CBs
    K
    P
    [will be updated]

Also if I didn't do rosters, I would have never known Eastern Michigan's punter is from Australia.
    Thanks--I started a dynasty with them, but ended up deleting it and starting over--but I find myself itching to play with them again. Don't know what it is, but I'm going to start back up with them after your new update.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Man, I wish someone was being as meticulous as this on the 360...

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yea, I have a friend looking for 360 rosters like this too. It's too bad they didn't make it universal like teambuilder.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-thread.html

GT on 360 is romancaesar

OS doesn't do a very good job of limiting their changes. They make DRASTIC changes to teams and no one comes in behind them and says anything about it. They're the people that changed Michigan's starting RB's speed just because the fan thought it should be higher.

2 QBs
    DE
    2 CBs
    K
    P
    [will be updated]

Just out of curiosity ID, what are the names of the two QBs that shouldn't be there? Eastern Michigan would be a good team to look at to see how meticulous the roster person really was considering they're so screwed up in the default roster.

Not only did South Carolina freshman Marcus Lattimore carry the ball 37 times for 182 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia, he knocked Bulldogs defenders backward. Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said Tuesday that the video showed Lattimore breaking 40 tackles against the Dawgs. Travis Haney, a reporter at the Charleston Post and Courier, counted 121 yards after contact.
    - thats from ESPN.com --- Just thinking Lattimore's BTK, STR, and maybe Trucking should be up a few notches possibly

Just out of curiosity ID, what are the names of the two QBs that shouldn't be there? Eastern Michigan would be a good team to look at to see how meticulous the roster person really was considering they're so screwed up in the default roster.
    Jason Williams (#12, JR)
    Kyle McMahon (#11, SR, was originally the roster's top QB)

Both left the program before the spring.

Not only did South Carolina freshman Marcus Lattimore carry the ball 37 times for 182 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia, he knocked Bulldogs defenders backward. Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said Tuesday that the video showed Lattimore breaking 40 tackles against the Dawgs. Travis Haney, a reporter at the Charleston Post and Courier, counted 121 yards after contact.
    - thats from ESPN.com --- Just thinking Lattimore's BTK, STR, and maybe Trucking should be up a few notches possibly
    Lattimore's rating is now an 84, I believe makes him the highest freshman in the game. He has 75 STR, 84 BTK and 84 TRK.

Jason Williams (#12, JR)
    Kyle McMahon (#11, SR, was originally the roster's top QB)

Both left the program before the spring.
    Ah, well it appears that the RomanCaesar roster is correct when it comes to the QBs on the roster.

Thanks.

Lattimore's rating is now an 84, I believe makes him the highest freshman in the game. He has 75 STR, 84 BTK and 84 TRK.
    Awesome....thanks. In other SC news, I just read that starting TE Weslye Saunders has been dismissed from team for good now. Here's what it said in the article
    "Spurrier used receiver Tori Gurley in the tight end spot to start the past two games. Fullback Patrick DiMarco has worked there since summer camp and Spurrier said Wednesday that defensive lineman Melvin Ingram has also practiced at Saunders' position."
    So hopefully that helps you out some.

Saunders is gone and South Carolina's QB depth chart and ratings have been tweaked.

Freshman
    I noticed a flaw in either your roster, or the NCAA roster settings. It is under the awareness category. It seems that most freshmen have an awareness of 40, which means that even if they are redshirted in dynasty, probably won't even get to an awareness rating of 70 by their senior year, since it seems that 7 points is the max a player can gain in an area from spring training camp, and the average is more like 3 points. I've noticed a lot of sophomores have an awareness level of 50 or 55, and it presents a similar problem. Anyway, maybe this is something you should take a look at. It's a tough thing to address though, as I found out myself while trying to edit it on my personal roster last night, because every five or so points of awareness raises the players overall by a point... let me know what you think about this situation.

EDIT: I just took a quick look at your latest update, and I do believe this is a problem with the basic NCAA roster, because most of the players I know that you have edited have higher awareness than what I mentioned. Either way, it could be an issue.
    Last edited by theauthor; 09-18-2010 at 12:03 AM.

The newest full update should be out sometime this week.

Version 1.3 will be released by Tuesday, September 28th.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 09-24-2010 at 02:39 PM.