Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 1

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Go S.M. and coach Ellis Johnson!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Here's my watching schedule. Will probably watch the first half of the South Carolina @ Vanderbilt game until it gets blown open, then I might check out UMass @ Connecticut, though I'll probably get bored of it since I'm sure Connecticut will blow them out. REALLY REALLY want to watch Washington State @ BYU, but it would mean I gotta either forgo sleep or call off from work on Friday (will probably be tempted to do).

Friday it's enjoying the big showdown between Boise State and Michigan State (two teams searching for new starting QBs after having two of the best to play at their school ever). Saturday, it's probably up early enough to check out Navy @ Notre Dame though I'm not real sure if I'm going to be getting up that early, then it's enjoying WVU kicking the shit out of Marshall for (hopefully) the final time. Then, it's all Big 12 with a little Alabama vs Michigan action in the middle there.

Sunday, I'm gonna be busy so no college football (really wanted to check out Baylor vs SMU too cause I'm thinking SMU might actually pull off the win, which would be HUGE for them)

Game Time CDT Network
    Thursday, August 30th
    South Carolina at Vanderbilt 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / espn3
    UMass at Connecticut 6:30 p.m. SNY / ERTV (cable) / espn3
    Washington State at BYU 9:15 p.m. ESPN (HD) / espn3
    Friday, August 31st
    Boise State at Michigan State 7:00 p.m. ESPN (HD) / espn3
    Saturday, September 1st
    Navy vs. Notre Dame (Dublin, Ireland) 8:00 a.m. CBS (HD) / cbssports.com
    Marshall at West Virginia 11:00 a.m. FX (HD)
    Tulsa at Iowa State 2:30 p.m. FSN
    Alabama vs. Michigan (Arlington) 7:00 p.m. ABC (HD)
    Oklahoma at UTEP 9:30 p.m. FSN (HD) / FCSC (cable)

Baylor vs. SMU and Ohio vs. Penn State should both be interesting games. I think Ohio's got a shot to beat PSU without Silas Redd. Watchout for BC upsetting Miami too.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

No Washington State game tomorrow night as I can't take Friday off because one of the guys I work with has to take his wife to the doctor. Damn inconsiderate people not knowing when I​ want to take a day off....

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

No Washington State game tomorrow night as I can't take Friday off because one of the guys I work with has to take his wife to the doctor. Damn inconsiderate people not knowing when I​ want to take a day off....
    Yeah, I could deal with missing the Thursday night games, if I could actually watch Boise State-Michigan State. Thanks to work and HS football, not a chance in hell of that happening. I gotta be to work by no later than 6pm to get ready for that night's game, and then it'll be 11 or 11:30pm at the earliest that I'll get home by the time we get all the goddamn scores from other games in the area and record a scoreboard to play on air overnight.

Here's my watching schedule .....

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I could of swore there was a game tomorrow night? oh well, 48 more hours till the holiday season starts LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Here's my watching schedule .....

why ? too busy crunching numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I could of swore there was a game tomorrow night?
    NFL season starts on Wednesday. That's probably what you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    why ? too busy crunching numbers ?
    Moving. Probably won't even have a TV/cable available then. I might be able to catch something through BTN2Go or WatchESPN.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Can't wait to watch umass vs uconn tonight. Hopefully umass can pull off an upset in their first fbs game

ESPNU will be showing "ESPN Goalline" tonight... it's similar to NFL Red Zone. I love watching games I'm only half interested in this way... hopefully they have it all season.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    ESPNU will be showing "ESPN Goalline" tonight... it's similar to NFL Red Zone. I love watching games I'm only half interested in this way... hopefully they have it all season.
    Is it free and they'll just have it on select nights on ESPNU and stuff, or it is pay for access like Red Zone? If it's pay, I doubt we'll see it again beyond tonight. Probably ESPN just giving the masses a taste to try and lure them into subscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Is it free and they'll just have it on select nights on ESPNU and stuff, or it is pay for access like Red Zone? If it's pay, I doubt we'll see it again beyond tonight. Probably ESPN just giving the masses a taste to try and lure them into subscribing.
    It's normally subscription like Red Zone. I imagine you're right, but one can hope

Welcome back college football! You've been missed... I just hate that now I have to start watching ESPN channels.

I had planned on watching South Carolina-Vanderbilt tonight, but this UCLA-Rice game is damn good. Rice just scored a touchdown to further cut down UCLA's 19-0 lead and make it now 19-17 early 2nd quarter.

Some serious battles going on tonight. UCLA leading Rice by 2. South Carolina and Vandy tied 10-10 at halftime. Central Michigan having major issues, tied with SE Missouri State 24-24 at halftime. Eastern Michigan and Ball State tied at 13 at halftime. UConn only with a 10-0 lead over UMass with 3 left to play in the first half. Mid Tennessee State LOSING to McNeese State 14-6 at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's normally subscription like Red Zone. I imagine you're right, but one can hope
    Now that I think about it, the Goal Line stuff probably will be one week/tonight only. Texas A&M-Louisiana Tech was supposed to be on ESPNU at 7:30 tonight but ended up postponed until October 13th (not sure what the odds of both teams having the exact same open date were), so that left ESPNU with nothing tonight.

Middle Tennessee is down 24-6 to McNeese State... first off, why would you schedule it on a Thursday night if it's not on ESPN, secondly why would you do put it on a Thursday that both Vanderbilt & the Titans are playing home games?

Here's what happens when you do...

I'd say it's a good thing they did schedule it for tonight. The entire nation won't see you lose to McNeese State, and because both them and Vandy are playing at home, 90% of your fans and area residents won't see yo lose to McNeese State.

incomplete passes are able to be officially reviewed?