Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 1

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    how do you explain notre dame then? great recruits each and every year. national brand name. yet consistantly under-performs.
    My theory on ND is they don't give coaches enough time. If you look at the pattern over the last couple of years a new coach comes in, wins in his first and second year, struggles in his 3rd and 4th and then gets canned. They never get to get their players and system in place. Obviously there is talent there as the new coach comes in and wins and then while he's in transition getting his recruits and system to gel he gets canned. That and there is tremendous amount of pressure to win at ND.

Just heard that Floyd Mayweather lost $3M in bets for Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I know, right. Keep losing and you won't be a fan of theirs anymore.
    greatest old school uni in the game better not become irrelevant.

I'll still be a fan, I just wont be waiting with baited breath for wins

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    thats what boxing does to your brain

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That's because they have academic standards that prevent them from taking every player in the world. Pittsburgh would be a better analogy for what you are trying to say. They get and recruits out the wazoo every year, yet do jack shit with them.

All I know is this, if Lane Kiffin doesn't win a MNC this year, he's in SERIOUS hot water.
    how does pitt fit my analogy better? their last 5* recruit was 5 years ago in jonathan baldwin. for the last 5 years, they've only signed 1-3 4*'s a year. what has notre dame done in the past 6 years, even though they consistantly land a top 25 class?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    My theory on ND is they don't give coaches enough time. If you look at the pattern over the last couple of years a new coach comes in, wins in his first and second year, struggles in his 3rd and 4th and then gets canned. They never get to get their players and system in place. Obviously there is talent there as the new coach comes in and wins and then while he's in transition getting his recruits and system to gel he gets canned. That and there is tremendous amount of pressure to win at ND.
    regardless if they give em enough time or not, the domers still get a top 25 class year in and year out, whoever the coach is. there's no excuse for being only .500 every year when they're able to land some of the top talent in the country. you can mark it up to just bad coaching altogether. and you pointed it out here.....in my mind, the first couple of years should be the rebuilding years. i'd expect a team to only be average for a couple of years after pulling in a new coach and system. but 3-4 years in, if you're not winning with the talent that you have, you're just a bad coach or have a bad coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    regardless if they give em enough time or not, the domers still get a top 25 class year in and year out, whoever the coach is. there's no excuse for being only .500 every year when they're able to land some of the top talent in the country. you can mark it up to just bad coaching altogether. and you pointed it out here.....in my mind, the first couple of years should be the rebuilding years. i'd expect a team to only be average for a couple of years after pulling in a new coach and system. but 3-4 years in, if you're not winning with the talent that you have, you're just a bad coach or have a bad coaching staff.
    no, it just means you are more honest. Havent you learned over the last few years that if you dont cheat, you cant have a top ranked football team in NCAA ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    no, it just means you are more honest. Havent you learned over the last few years that if you dont cheat, you cant have a top ranked football team in NCAA ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2