Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 13 - Season Ticket & Retail Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Cutting it on for the first time. Ray Lewis may be the greatest inspirational speaker of all time.
    Too bad that mouth hasn't produced results since 2001.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    *trade block??? Where is it? You put players on the block but don't see it anywhere?
    Since they incorporated a lot of Head Coach 09 features, I'll take a stab (haven't played the game) at this one. In HC 09, there was no physical trade block or menu to see. Players just went on and off the block. Now, I think there was a "trade for" menu somewhere, or at least when viewing other teams rosters you could see who the CPU had put on the block.

It took me a few years to figure out that after you put a player on the Trade Block, then (I think only in-season, which is why I didn't figure this out for a while) you could see who was offering what out there.

Oh another thing... the depth chartds are totally screwed up in the preseason. There are a ton of players out of position.
    Is this true at the beginning of the game, or could this just be a factor of the CPU auto-subbing players in between quarters. I think 2nd string is 2nd quarter, 3rd is 3rd, etc.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Since they incorporated a lot of Head Coach 09 features, I'll take a stab (haven't played the game) at this one. In HC 09, there was no physical trade block or menu to see. Players just went on and off the block. Now, I think there was a "trade for" menu somewhere, or at least when viewing other teams rosters you could see who the CPU had put on the block.

It took me a few years to figure out that after you put a player on the Trade Block, then (I think only in-season, which is why I didn't figure this out for a while) you could see who was offering what out there.

Is this true at the beginning of the game, or could this just be a factor of the CPU auto-subbing players in between quarters. I think 2nd string is 2nd quarter, 3rd is 3rd, etc.
    No this was outside of game mode when I was looking at the depth charts in my CCM. As for trade blocks I will have to check out what you said.

Schemes... I'm not sure but I am starting to think this is broken. Each week i change my scheme with regards to my players and each week I have to change them all again because they reset. I get that it takes time to change a scheme but your selections should not rest each week. Some people at OS have simmed and are saying that 2 years into the future their schemes still have not changed. I find this very convoluded. Let me pick a scheme and change it... done.

Jaymo, for the un-Madden-educated among us, what are the schemes you're referring to? I would think I would know, but since you said you're setting it on every player ...

Jaymo, for the un-Madden-educated among us, what are the schemes you're referring to? I would think I would know, but since you said you're setting it on every player ...
    Your scheme is what your base offense/defense excels at. So I run a 4-3 with my Raiders and a West Coast for my offense. However, within that you have to choose a focus area for each of your key players (eg. WR #1 (speed, possession, red zone, etc.). By changing each of the personel with time it changes your defense. So while I want a balanced 4-3 currently the game says because of my personel I have a "spread D" (a term I am not familiar with on D).

Im sorry I have not explained it well at all. Let's just say though that if you want your players to act a certain way (eg LE is a speed rusher) you set your LE scheme to LE speed rusher and then you have to go out and get personel to fit that description. Each position can be set to act a certain way and those changes in theory are supposed to change your scheme. It's very confusing in the game as well.

I played game 1 of the campaign. My first drive Simms tells me about the Raiders new coach finally getting his shot after being coordinator at Denver. Great story... BUT... I created myself as coach. Observation two... why can you not adjust sliders DURING the game??? I just don't get it on that one. Observation three... zone defense is pretty weak... not as bad as NCAA but close. Strong QB's will pick your D apart. I would recommend running with man. However, don't press as the cpu goes deep with deadly accuracy. Observation three... ball hawk feature works very well. It's a great feature IMO.

With regards to XP and progression, I have changed my mind. I actually kind of like it now. It's challenging trying to figure out what to improve and in what order. I am no longer practising though. I sim practise to get the XP. It takes far too long to run the practises and my season pass expires in a few days.

As for scouting... I will be owned at the draft. Please EA... patch in more scouting points. I would recommend another 2000 points each week.

Lastly, I have noticed there is still a lot of mirror route running from DB's on slant patterns. A DB running in front of a reciever is inexcusable and really hampers both NCAA and to a lesser extent Madden. Alright back to the kids and then Madden tonight.

Im sorry I have not explained it well at all. Let's just say though that if you want your players to act a certain way (eg LE is a speed rusher) you set your LE scheme to LE speed rusher and then you have to go out and get personel to fit that description. Each position can be set to act a certain way and those changes in theory are supposed to change your scheme. It's very confusing in the game as well.
    Interesting. Head Coach 09 had a similar concept, but it only affected how the player's OVR was calculated. At least, as far as I knew, that was all it determined.

It shouldn't reset, either way. Probably a bug.

why can you not adjust sliders DURING the game??? I just don't get it on that one.

As for scouting... I will be owned at the draft. Please EA... patch in more scouting points. I would recommend another 2000 points each week.
    What the heck? You can't adjust sliders during a game? Is this CCM only? Either way that's retarded.

I was very annoyed at the lack of scouting points in last year's Madden. I heard there was more this year but they need to add an option similar to NCAA's recruiting difficulty. If I want twice as many points give them to me! I think it's lousy that we don't get standard test scores from the combine. I should know every 40 time, 225 press, etc. without spending a single freaking point.

Interesting. Head Coach 09 had a similar concept, but it only affected how the player's OVR was calculated. At least, as far as I knew, that was all it determined.

It shouldn't reset, either way. Probably a bug.
    I think I saw this on OS or twitter. Others have complained about it and it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    What the heck? You can't adjust sliders during a game? Is this CCM only? Either way that's retarded.

I was very annoyed at the lack of scouting points in last year's Madden. I heard there was more this year but they need to add an option similar to NCAA's recruiting difficulty. If I want twice as many points give them to me! I think it's lousy that we don't get standard test scores from the combine. I should know every 40 time, 225 press, etc. without spending a single freaking point.

I think I saw this on OS or twitter. Others have complained about it and it's a bug.
    Yeah Rudy, in CCM you CANNOT adjust sliders. All slider changes must be done outside of the actual game. It's really frustrating because I had Rivers carvving me up because he would avg 7-9 seconds to throw. I could not adjust my pass rush until the game ended and then I went back into the CCM hub. Bizarre!

I've read some impressions on OS and most people think the cpu offense is pretty crappy on All-Pro. Sounds like All-Pro is dumbed down this year like NCAA 13. I agree with many (based on the demo) that All-Pro can be very fun and balanced on offense but the cpu can be too dumb and ineffective. I know for the demo I've got by pass and run reactions at 0 and cpu run block at 100 to help them out.

I've also read guys say the cpu doesn't hit the big play. I've seen it in the demo so I don't think I agree with that. Too many football gamers think they should be able to run Cover 2 Man all game long and stuff the running game. Then they complain the cpu can't pass or hit deep plays. Well with two safeties back you aren't going to hit a lot of plays but you should be giving up some rushing yards. The average NFL back averages 4 yards a carry but that's including short yardage and defenses that also come up to try and stop the ground game. My opinion is that your difficulty setting and/or slider settings should allow the cpu RB to gain 5+ yards a pop between the 20s if you play a vanilla safe defense like Cover 2 Man. That will force the user to run blitz a little more and crowd the line which will also loosen up the cpu passing game. Same goes for the pass rush. People want a great pass rush without blitzing but the cpu QB is at his worst when he's under pressure. Want to help the cpu passing game? Boost the pass blocking and you will see a big improvement.

I still think a slider for cpu QB awareness would really help fix some things on the lower difficulty levels. I don't like going to the highest difficulty just to help the cpu offense because my skills aren't good enough. Hopefully I'll be able to tune All-Pro to my liking.

Yeah Rudy, in CCM you CANNOT adjust sliders. All slider changes must be done outside of the actual game. It's really frustrating because I had Rivers carvving me up because he would avg 7-9 seconds to throw. I could not adjust my pass rush until the game ended and then I went back into the CCM hub. Bizarre!
    This kind of crap along with no separate special teams sliders just makes no sense. Are slider lovers in such a small minority that we can be ignored and screwed over like this? I rarely adjust sliders in game so it's not a huge deal but I don't get it. They need to improve their in game menu to include this along with formations subs like NCAA.

I downloaded the early release last night. I played a little this morning. I got back on to play this afternoon and now it says my Season Ticket has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I downloaded the early release last night. I played a little this morning. I got back on to play this afternoon and now it says my Season Ticket has expired.

Ugh... that sucks! You should have it until the game expires since you d/l it before your pass expired.

Speaking of awful... I have not seen it but it is being reported that if you trade for a player you may get duplicate numbers on your team if someone on your team has the same number as the person traded for. Apparently longterm cpu progression is also off for cpu controlled teams.

I've read some impressions on OS and most people think the cpu offense is pretty crappy on All-Pro. Sounds like All-Pro is dumbed down this year like NCAA 13. I agree with many (based on the demo) that All-Pro can be very fun and balanced on offense but the cpu can be too dumb and ineffective. I know for the demo I've got by pass and run reactions at 0 and cpu run block at 100 to help them out.

I've also read guys say the cpu doesn't hit the big play. I've seen it in the demo so I don't think I agree with that. Too many football gamers think they should be able to run Cover 2 Man all game long and stuff the running game. Then they complain the cpu can't pass or hit deep plays. Well with two safeties back you aren't going to hit a lot of plays but you should be giving up some rushing yards. The average NFL back averages 4 yards a carry but that's including short yardage and defenses that also come up to try and stop the ground game. My opinion is that your difficulty setting and/or slider settings should allow the cpu RB to gain 5+ yards a pop between the 20s if you play a vanilla safe defense like Cover 2 Man. That will force the user to run blitz a little more and crowd the line which will also loosen up the cpu passing game. Same goes for the pass rush. People want a great pass rush without blitzing but the cpu QB is at his worst when he's under pressure. Want to help the cpu passing game? Boost the pass blocking and you will see a big improvement.

I still think a slider for cpu QB awareness would really help fix some things on the lower difficulty levels. I don't like going to the highest difficulty just to help the cpu offense because my skills aren't good enough. Hopefully I'll be able to tune All-Pro to my liking.
    In my experience the cpu pass game is pretty strong but the rushing is non-existent on all pro. I held Mathews to 19 carriers for 14 yards when I played SD (USING THE BASE SLIDER SET FOR ALL PRO). There needs to be significant tuning updates for the cpu run game as well as hum pass rush. On the bright side though, the injury slider is absolutely awesome this year. I have it at 75 and the results have been wonderful. I have seen more injuries in one game than all five seasons of NCAA 13 I have played.

I haven't played around with the injury slider in the demo. I did read Pasta say there weren't many on default. I'll have to take your advice and use 75.

Honestly Jaymo, boost the cpu run block to 100, up the broken tackles to 75 and drop your run reaction to 0 as well. That helped a lot in the demo for All-Pro.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.

I haven't played around with the injury slider in the demo. I did read Pasta say there weren't many on default. I'll have to take your advice and use 75.

Honestly Jaymo, boost the cpu run block to 100, up the broken tackles to 75 and drop your run reaction to 0 as well. That helped a lot in the demo for All-Pro.
    Sorry Rudy, I meant to say 70 for injuries. I also have global fatigue at 70 to get the players more run down. I prefer to see a lot of injuries as it feels more realistic. I will have to try out your suggestion for cpu running as right now the cpu is awful.

Alright... I got in two additional CCM games tonight

Oakland 9 Miami 16
    * I was kept to under 200 yards all game. It was 9-9 into the last two minutes of the game.
    * I counted 18 of my players as being on cold streaks before this game started. That made no sense

Pittsburgh 14 Oakland 49
    * I could not do anything wrong... why such a contrast from the week before???
    * Roethlisberger threw 5 pics and 352 yards passing

I am now 2-1 in the regular season and I went 4-0 in the preseason. So after seven games here are some more thoughts.

1. Why does EA include CHALLENGE THE PLAY? It doesn't work because there seem to be no physics with regards to field boundaries.
    2. Weight, height, and momentum do not exist in this game. Cutting on a dime is still a regular occurance.
    3. Please get rid of the WR slipping on slant routes in the rain!!! The DB's never slip.
    4. the more I play the more apparent it has become that zone D in this game is sub par to where it should be.
    5. OL/DL line interaction proves to be very frustrating at times, though it is better than NCAA 13.
    6. Way to many players are signing contract extensions each week (according to the tweets since you can't find out any other way)

This next point will sound really screwed up but I don't find CCM as immersive as they made it out to be. In many ways I find that Madden 10's immersion with the Extra Point and the easy to use interface provided a lot more immersion. The Tweets and news stories don't let you expand on them and there is no way of finding out what transactions have occured throughout the league unless it's mentioned in a tweet. You also have no real sense of how the league is going and how teams are performing.

To be fair, scouting is improved even if you don't get enough points and the XP progression thing has actually turned out to be fun in small doses. I love that you can create yourself as a coach too. Progressive lighting looks really good in this game even if the player models have taken a step back.

I've played a ton of games today against the CPU and HUM opponents and this game is just utter trash. Playing defense is an absolute BORE and you can run the same shit over and over and over again and there is just no stop for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't play this game if EA paid me to do it its that bad and that big of a waste of time. I'll stick with NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've played a ton of games today against the CPU and HUM opponents and this game is just utter trash. Playing defense is an absolute BORE and you can run the same shit over and over and over again and there is just no stop for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't play this game if EA paid me to do it its that bad and that big of a waste of time. I'll stick with NCAA.
    So you're saying there is a chance you like it?