Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 13 - Season Ticket & Retail Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    First impression: good luck defending a user online who knows what they're doing with New England. That offense is straight up nasty. Horrible defense, though. Sounds like the perfect team for me!

Whoever gets it installed, shoot me a psn message. Gonna be on the disc version for a bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

3rd Quarter of Action between the Colts (CPU) and Oakland (cdj) on All-Pro. (The third quarter had the most action.)

Opening Video of Madden NFL 13:

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah, that's the first thing my co-worker mentioned to me after playing the demo. Somehow I hadn't noticed
    I was too busy being pissed off at the horrible replay system than noticing the defensive players all falling over each other. Pastapadre has a lot of nice things to say about Madden but late game cpu AI, the ease of the cpu on default All-American and the replay system were on the negative side. He does like the Infinity engine a lot. I still see it as a subtle improvement. Guys falling over each other post play doesn't bother me.

My impression...still downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by EDJ View Post
    My impression...still downloading.

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Pastapadre has a lot of nice things to say about Madden
    I haven't looked in the comments, but, after reading his articles, I imagine that some of the more frequent haters there are accusing him or being bought and paid for.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I haven't looked in the comments, but, after reading his articles, I imagine that some of the more frequent haters there are accusing him or being bought and paid for.
    That's pretty much a given. Any article even slightly-pro EA, the comments are full of all the idiots accusing him of being bought and paid off for good words. He could have 10 negative articles attacking EA, but that one pro-EA article, and suddenly he's being bought by EA.

Put up over 500 yards of offense in my first online game after maybe an hour in practice mode. Aside from throwing 3 absolutely stupid as hell picks(stupid on my part, not the game) I had my way with my opponent. I kind of felt bad for him. If he blitzed, I'd just hit drags or flares. If he gave me time, I ate him alive with corners and crossing patterns.

The pass rush still just isn't there. The defense is definitely improved, but it can't hold up forever. I'm sure it'll get better the more people play the game, but early on it's going to be all offense.

I'll give a more in-depth impression I guess tomorrow. A little sleepy now.

The collisions after the play are hilarious at times when I pay attention to them.

Other than that I could careless what happens after the play as I dont watch them.

And despite love what the Physics does in the game. Can only get better which is promising but I can definitely tell the implementation of it very much.

Love how the WR's catch the ball in stride all in one motion continuing to run.

Will get plenty more games in tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Put up over 500 yards of offense in my first online game after maybe an hour in practice mode. Aside from throwing 3 absolutely stupid as hell picks(stupid on my part, not the game) I had my way with my opponent. I kind of felt bad for him. If he blitzed, I'd just hit drags or flares. If he gave me time, I ate him alive with corners and crossing patterns.

The pass rush still just isn't there. The defense is definitely improved, but it can't hold up forever. I'm sure it'll get better the more people play the game, but early on it's going to be all offense.
    Get off All-Pro lol

It wont help. I was sitting in All Madden while practicing and I was picking apart the CPU just like I did my opponent on All Pro. The pass rush just isn't there. I'm pretty confident I could run drags and flares all game long and score every possession. I still like it way better than '12, but I can already tell I'm going to be pulling my hair out playing against some of the guys I just know I'm going to encounter. If I can put up 500 yards of offense with so little practice time, I'd hate to think what people will be able to do after a few weeks with the game.

Of course, we will have to wait to see if the patch addresses anything worthwhile. Even if it doesn't, I can actually see myself playing this for more than a month, which would be a first for any NCAA/Madden game this generation.

Meh maybe its just b/c I'm more of a college guy but after playing around with it this morning I'm probably just going to pass.

So they still haven't allowed for separate sliders for HUM and CPU Special Teams.

Also, Maurkice Pouncey has been to the Pro Bowl in each of his first 2 NFL seasons. He was the first rookie Center to do so since the 1950s and he is rated as the 13th best Center in the league.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't understand the lack of special team slider love. It's not hard to split them out into user vs. cpu. Still would like to see special teams sliders for return blocking and blocked kicks.

The ratings on some of these players aren't that good. I think that job is too big for just one guy and Donny Moore doesn't seem to use any advanced statistics to help.

Just let me say first that MY COMMENTS ARE 100% OFFLINE USER based. Keeping that in mind I have been sceptical of this game since I heard of all the features being removed. Going into the demo and then season pass I was on record as saying I would NOT be buying. After playing extensively last night.... at this point I will not be buying. CCM has some fun factor to it but outside of the tweets/stories and draft coverage the mode is identical to past madden titles this gen.

Pros:
    *stadium noise is excellent (when it wants to be). Set crowd to 100 and put on your speakers after a TD... nice!
    *great selection of uniforms available for all teams
    *practising available in CCM (franchise)
    *the stadium detail is spectacular
    *making a coach is great to see in Madden... finally! (but game face didn't work for me)
    *coach goals are a nice touch (though I would prefer real contracts)

Cons:
    *practising for XP has become tedious. After preseason I am now setting it to be done automatically
    *the interface could be a lot clearer and cleaner IMO. It's tough to find stuff quickly
    *THERE IS NO IMMERSION DURING GAMES, only in the hub do you get immersion
    *cpu offense is attrocious (in 4 exhibition games I didn't give up a TD!)
    *visuals have taken a step back this year/ player models look awkward especially in night games
    *though improved, the presentation is already bland... by game three it is total repetition, espeically if it's an NFC/AFC matchup
    *assisted tackels are still not being recorded
    *NO CHANGING THE CPU UNIFORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???
    *NO PLAYING OTHER GAMES ON THE SCHEDULE / NO WATCHING CPU GAMES
    *NO EDITING OF ANY KIND.... this really sucks with F/A's and their numbers.... eg. I don't want my TE wearing #47
    *NO CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS!!!

Differences from the demo:
    * visuals in the game are not as crisp and clear as from the NY/SF demo game
    * put me in the camp that believes physics have been tuned down way too far!!!!
    * pass rushh seems to be non-existent in retail where I found it was fair in the demo
    *seems like there are less stat overlays now. I will continue to check this out to be sure though

Other:
    *to me the XP upgrades just seem kind of silly
    *not enough recruiting points... this will make the draft pointless after round 3 or so
    *at this point trading seems almost too difficult
    *trade block??? Where is it? You put players on the block but don't see it anywhere?
    *have defensive matchups been removed? If so, why?

Obviously I have not made it to the draft yet but I am looking forward to seeing that based on the videos people have posted. Overall, I really want to like CCM but I am really finding the omissions are killing what I like to do. If I could get a guarantee that EA would patch player editing in then I would buy this game regardless of the issues. However, editing and things like not switching cpu uniforms is a deal breaker for me. I will most likely stick with 12. Infinity is a good start but it doesn't justify a new purchase IMO. I praise Tburon for the effort but it's just not there yet. 7/10

Oh another thing... the depth chartds are totally screwed up in the preseason. There are a ton of players out of position. Since there is no playrd editng with regards to positions, this screws things up even more. With regards to schemes.... clear as mud.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-25-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Here's aother one... why is there no transaction screen? Unless it's tweated you have no information on what has happened to players in the league.

Cutting it on for the first time. Ray Lewis may be the greatest inspirational speaker of all time.