Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ? for the Madden veterans

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I'd also like to know from the guys/gals that have played them, what would be the best older version to look for used? When I went to Gamestop tonight they had 09, 10, & 12 used. I didn't see an '11. Other than 12 the others were VERY cheap so I wouldn't mind picking one of those up if they were good. Any thoughts?

Just in reading the reviews done by IGN, it looks like Madden 10 was given the highest rating, it has an 8.9 out of 10.

'09 8.8
    '10 8.9
    '11 8.0
    '12 8.0

Not sure how good an IGN rating is worth...

For user rating it looks like Madden 10 was the winner too. For $3.99 used at Gamestop it will be worth a shot!
    I've had 10 and 12. 12 had smoother gameplay, but 10 was more competitive. I'm waiting on some reliable reviews for 13 before I decide wheather or not to buy. I understand 13 is set up more for online and that's what I'm looking for, so we'll see. Welcome to the SEC!

I'd rather look at Metacritic than just IGN.

IGN reviewers of EA SPORTS titles are typically as casual as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I was looking at the user scores on Metacritic, they all seemed to give Madden 10 the highest of the different versions. For $3.99 I went to Gamestop this morning and picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by goosedawg68 View Post
    Welcome to the SEC!
    HOWDY and thank you!

I'm an usher at Kyle Field we had out meeting last weekend about the rule changes, yada yada yada, seems like the biggest change is the SEC is all about the money! This year if people leave they cannot come back. They said there will be case by case emergency type situations but once you leave you cannot come back in without purchasing another ticket....MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

IGN reviewers of EA SPORTS titles are typically as casual as can be.
    It's not just IGN. It's every single reviewer. They just don't know what they're talking about and look for completely irrelevant things. I think IGN's biggest complaint was the lack of new modes for NCAA this year. I mean...seriously? They didn't mention a single legitimate issue with the game(although there were several) and instead bitched about stupid shit.

Same goes for Gamespot and 1UP. When it comes to sports games, especially football games, don't even read reviews. Listen to the people on sites like here for the best impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's not just IGN. It's every single reviewer. They just don't know what they're talking about and look for completely irrelevant things. I think IGN's biggest complaint was the lack of new modes for NCAA this year. I mean...seriously? They didn't mention a single legitimate issue with the game(although there were several) and instead bitched about stupid shit.

Same goes for Gamespot and 1UP. When it comes to sports games, especially football games, don't even read reviews. Listen to the people on sites like here for the best impressions.

Sounds good!

From what I read here and online it sounds like 10 and 12 were the best so far, so I went with 10 since it was $4. I'm thinking 12-13 wouldn't be a huge jump but a used copy of 12 was still $20, if it was cheaper I would have gone with 12.

Just messing around on Madden 10, I put the game on "very slow" like some have suggested here and in other places. It does slow the game down, almost to the point where I feel like I'm doped up...it's kinda like watching NFL on Sunday's then watching a live High School football game, the H/S game builds up so much slower it's actually fun to watch b/c I can see things developing, the NFL is so fast sometimes I'm like WOAH!

One thing I can't seem to find so far is the AFL Legacy mode which unlocks the throwback jerseys. It tells me the playstation store can't find it, I guess they don't support the '10 stuff anymore. Oh well, it was still only $4.

HOWDY and thank you!

I'm an usher at Kyle Field we had out meeting last weekend about the rule changes, yada yada yada, seems like the biggest change is the SEC is all about the money! This year if people leave they cannot come back. They said there will be case by case emergency type situations but once you leave you cannot come back in without purchasing another ticket....MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY!
    The SEC is all about the money, but I believe that rule came into effect after 9/11. I can't remember for sure though. I didn't start buying season tickets 2009.

I don't necessarily read the reviews...I just look at it more for the score and compare. Granted, I'm going to play every iteration anyways.

The MOST RELIABLE reviews come from friends and boards like these. IMO

One thing I can't seem to find so far is the AFL Legacy mode which unlocks the throwback jerseys. It tells me the playstation store can't find it, I guess they don't support the '10 stuff anymore. Oh well, it was still only $4.
    I don't know about the jerseys, but I know the servers were removed for Madden '10.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I don't know about the jerseys, but I know the servers were removed for Madden '10.
    Thats the same thing I mentioned

Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock these jersey's by just playing the game and accomplishing some tasks? I read places online that reebok was giving away the codes but of course those sites have expired. It's not a deal breaker, again it only cost $4 to get the game and it seems to play great! Would be cool if I could unlock them somehow, maybe over time playing the game will it unlock them or was this strictly a DLC spend more money deal?

I'm wondering if it would be possible to find someone that has this file on their PS3, they save it to a USB key and I load it that way? Is that possible?

The "ea servers" must be a big part of the price drop decision point. Other than playing offline or practice mode everything else goes to "The EA servers are not available at this time. Please try again later." This happens for Ultimate Team, Online, Rosters, AFL Legacy Mode, Madden Shop, so morale of the story I was looking for a good football game that I can play franchise mode, and possible offline...well looks like I've found it LOL.

If I remember correctly, 10 was the only one I couldn't go undefeated against the computer. That's what made it fun for me.

Well the older uniforms are still in the uniform selection part, from reading online it looks like the AFL legacy mode made the screen look old and black and white or orangish...so it looks like no big loss.

Well I'm like a kid in a candy store, maybe I'm OLD. I like how I can choose the menu music and I can make it play the old Sam Spence songs, those songs they used to play during the NFL Films shows I watched as a kid.

I'm also loving the WCO availability of the playbooks. I've been reading a lot on the WCO and this is some NICE stuff. The '10 Redskins have a nice mixture, I guess it was modeled after Mike Shanahan. It's nice to see PRO split, Pro Split Slot, and Near all in one playbook. The default WCO is nice but it doesn't have any Pro split which seems silly.

Gigs, 10 truly was a enjoyable game. I still play it from time to time. Even though there were no highlights I still really enjoy(ed) the EXTRA POINT. The best part was importing all my classes from NCAA 10. On my Raiders squad I now have SIX players from my NCAA 10 dynasty. As for the LEGACY MODE... other than the unis it was pointless.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-24-2012 at 05:40 PM.

The "ea servers" must be a big part of the price drop decision point. Other than playing offline or practice mode everything else goes to "The EA servers are not available at this time. Please try again later." This happens for Ultimate Team, Online, Rosters, AFL Legacy Mode, Madden Shop, so morale of the story I was looking for a good football game that I can play franchise mode, and possible offline...well looks like I've found it LOL.
    This is the downside to the new "everything online" view point. Once the servers go away, the game is really hurt, feature wise.

For example, NCAA 10? (maybe 09) introduced the EA Locker and the ability to download rosters from other users. Because of that (and the game's inability to copy files to a flash drive), you can't find offline versions of the rosters anywhere. So when the servers were taken offline, rosters are inaccessible. Personally, I wish they'd at least leave the rosters part of the servers online (if that was possible).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I still really enjoy(ed) the EXTRA POINT.
    What is the extra point? Is that the ability to return a missed FG attempt?

I too find it funny that EA has DLC, yet then later you can't still purchase it. If it was available I'd buy it, oh well.

What is the extra point?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud