Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OD Issues

• Facebook
  • Display
    I agree with you... I don't like their approach either.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    So it's nice that, well it just plain WORKS. Why can't they get the rest of it to work? This is the 20th year of the game right?
    You've said in other threads that you formerly worked as a tester ... so I know you know that not everything works right out of the box, and there are some things that work 99% of the time but don't work 1%. Bugs happen. I'm not saying that as an excuse for some of the issues that Coach is reporting ... it's unacceptable for a patch to reduce stability in a software product. But whether or not a complex piece of software "works" is much, much easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    So G, at the very least they are aware of all the problems that so many ODs are having all over the net, not only here but over at OS and on the EA forums themselves?
    Obviously they'd know what's being posted on the EA forums ... some of the mods are EA employees themselves. I'm confident that postings like this would be difficult to ignore.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Apparently there is a new tuner or something folks are being prompted to download last night and this morning. Any word on this?

Apparently there is a new tuner or something folks are being prompted to download last night and this morning. Any word on this?
    Trying to find information. It wasn't on PS3 last night.

Most reports are from 360 users as I guess that stuff comes out earlier for 360 than PS3.
    Keep us posted G. Thank you sir.

Just to let everyone know, my 3 other OD members have downloaded the latest tuner from last night/this morning and they still cannot even access the OD.
    So at this point my OD is pretty much dead unless EA can fix it. Into our 3rd season and all that time just wasted if they can't get this taken care of.

Bout to post my chat transcript with EA...it's great and so typical. I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of it. Knew it wouldn't resolve anything but I wanted to just see what they would actually do or say.

This is sad, somewhat hilarious, and it really pissed me off all at the same time. So typical. Canned answers, no resolution, passed it off to "experts" who I'll never hear from and of course, all this from someone in India named Dutta.
    Full chat transcript to follow...

You are now ready to chat with Dutta.
    Dutta:Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Dutta how may I help you?
    you:having multiple OD issues as follows, OD name on 360 is TGTCMOD360
    you:1. First off about two weeks ago I can no longer get my game recaps or stats to upload. 2. None of the other guys in my OD can either and thus none of us can see the game recaps or stats on the OD site 3. Then yesterday and today myself and two other owners can't get past the coin toss in user vs user OD games. 4. Now today the OD site won't let me advance the damn week online which I've done many times. Says I have to do it on my console. 5. After advance an OD user had 0 recruiting time or scouting time and he was set to "Ready to Advance" 6. The situation where in a user vs cpu OD game the cpu offense just stays in the huddle. 7. Duplicate players in the depth charts of several teams including human and cpu teams. 8. Users can't even get into the OD currently.
    you:I have see all over the net on several forums including EAs that many people are having these same issues
    Dutta:Would you mind holding for a minute or two while I look into your issue/concern?
    you:certainly
    Dutta:It is taking longer than expected; please allow me few more minutes. I appreciate your patience.
    you:I'm happy to be patient as long as we can get the problem resolved
    you:if there is any more info you need from me I'm happy to provide it
    Dutta:Let’s first try to clear your console cache, this can sometimes cause issues with game. To remove these files, follow the steps mentioned at the below given link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971755
    you:thought you might say that...I have already cleared my cache and even gone so far as to delete all things NCAA13 from my hard drive and neither has made any difference
    Dutta:Corrupted game files can sometimes cause issues like this. To remove these files, follow the steps below: 1. Start your console with the game disc out so it launches into the Xbox Dashboard. 2. Select the System blade. 3. Select Memory and press the A button. 4. Select Games and press the A button. 5. Select your game and press the A button. 6. Delete all files for the game. 7. After following these steps re-launch the game and try again. Note - Deleting these files would reset your offline progress in the game.
    you:as I just said, I have already deleted all files NCAA13 from my hard drive and that did not make any difference in my online dynasty issues
    Dutta:ok
    you:ok? so what now?
    you:do you have any other suggestions or can you pass me off to a higher level of tech support or anything?
    Dutta:I shall be passing your issue to our experts.
    you:can I speak with or chat with these "experts"?
    Dutta:You shall be receiving mail from our experts.
    you:mail or email? if email, what email address will they be sending it to and when can I expect a response?
    Dutta:E-mail
    Dutta:Sure thing..
    Dutta:<my correct email address, surprisingly>
    you:alright great, so when can I expect a response? also is there a ticket # or reference # pertaining to my issues and this conversation that I can get so that if I don't hear from someone I can call in and get a status report
    Dutta:Case Information (# 05127822)
    Dutta:Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you:Yes, when can I expect your "experts" to contact me via email?
    Dutta:2-4 days.
    you:ok great, if I don't hear from them within that time, what phone # do I call to check on the status of this case?
    you:I'm still here, what is the phone # I call to check the status of this case?
    Dutta:1-866-543-5435
    you:Great, thank you very much
    Dutta:Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you:May I ask where you are located?
    Dutta:India.
    you:Alright, thank you for your time Dutta. Good day.
    Dutta:Bye and take care.
    Dutta:If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!
    you:Certainly, bye
    Last edited by Coach Kernzy; 08-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Freshman
    Dutta seemed like a nice guy, but it was pretty clear that this sort of issue was a bit out of his knowledge base. When he mentions he's passing the information on to the experts, that likely means via email, right? It is a bit disconcerting to think that Madden comes out in a matter of days and a related flagship title from the same company is having a breakdown of this magnitude. I'm curious how this will impact Madden sales.

Nice? sure
    Out of his knowledge base? certainly
    Impact Madden sales? not at all sadly

Freshman
    I'd really find that hard to believe, actually. For the first time in a decade I was sold on a Madden purchase, and now I'm scouring the websites to see how EA responds to issues like this one. If there is a history of remaining nonchalant about potentially gamebreaking issues such as this one, I can definitely see myself not only potentially losing interest in the NCAA series, but forgoing Madden would be a certainty. I'm sure there are others out there that would be in the same boat, and from what I hear, the company is losing is not exactly raking in cash like it used to. Any dent in the profit margin is potentially a major deal with the market being what it is.

I wish that were the case but sadly for us football gamers and anyone else that buys from EA, they have been raking in the cash and skirting the issues and sweeping them under the rug for decades, nothing has changed and nothing will.

Freshman
    That type of business model is the blueprint for losing one's lead in a competitive marketplace, and from what I understand, EA no longer holds exclusive rights to many of the NCAA based sports. The 2K version of college hoops was vastly superior to EA's counterpart and NFL 2K5 ate that year's Madden for dinner. A little ingenuity and aggressive marketing from team 2K, and we could be looking at EA's market share dropping considerably here in the future if they do not take the time to appease their current fanbase. Please don't misinterpret this message to be bashing EA. I want them to succeed. A quality NCAA and NFL game from them is great for football fans everywhere, but if they don't take quality control seriously enough here in the next 5-6 months, it could well prove disastrous.

This says it all

MY CASES
    STATUS CASE UPDATED PRODUCT NO NOTES
    CLOSED 05127822 08/24/2012 NCAA FOOTBALL 2013 CLOSED

I go to check out my case online and looky there, CLOSED. They didn't send my case to any "expert". The closed it and said F*** YOU PAL, WE ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY", with no intention of doing anything at all about it.

Simply unreal.
    Last edited by Coach Kernzy; 08-24-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Coach, just an FYI, but in the Powerhouse OD the issues with Game Recaps and Weekly Updates not being accessible appears to have resolved itself with the roll-over to Year 2. That's ... interesting, if nothing else.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

1. First off about two weeks ago I can no longer get my game recaps or stats to upload.
    2. None of the other guys in my OD can either and thus none of us can see the game recaps or stats on the OD site
    Just a heads-up: It looks like this is working again. I am seeing stories and stat recaps for games on the site now.

Even though the error said the upload failed, I'm seeing stories for every game between the 10th and today.
    Last edited by cdj; 08-26-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Nice to see the Dynasty Site is working so perfectly today. #sarcasm

Has anyone else noticed that on the OD website, if you look at another schools roster, it no longer displays properly? Or maybe it is for you.

I'm experiencing that if you look at QB for instance that instead of listing the depth at that position, it pops up 1 random player, and nothing else is being displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by thirtydaZe View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that on the OD website, if you look at another schools roster, it no longer displays properly? Or maybe it is for you.

I'm experiencing that if you look at QB for instance that instead of listing the depth at that position, it pops up 1 random player, and nothing else is being displayed?
    Yeah, I sent that as a bug this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yeah, I sent that as a bug this morning.
    good to hear. makes scouting your opponent almost impossible.