Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playbook organization

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just how broken are custom playbooks now? In line with last year? Still difficult to get some formation audibles to set?

I really do not understand why they do not just give the user the ability to set formation audibles and the order of the playbook. Seems like such a simple fix.

I'm looking forward to setting up my custom playbook tomorrow and have watched some of the "Every offensive play" video to get an idea on some formations and plays to look for. Does anyone know a way to tell which play-action passes link to which runs? Some of them are easy to tell by the play art or name but many of them seem to have multiple runs that could work with them.

I was able to get what I wanted by going to a base playbook that had the Base formations in the order i wanted, then adding the Base formations that weren't in the book I used Eastern Michigan's One Back Book.

which is
    Ace
    I
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Goal line
    Hail Mary

I removed I and Hail Mary

I added in Flexbone and Wildcat.

my order is
    Flexbone (added Base)
    Ace
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Wildcat (I havent seen wildcat go anywhere but at the end before Goal line)
    Goal Line

For me since I think only 1 or two of EMU's sub sets I used I did have to a fair amount of sub formation deletion, and then built up the sets I do use. To me not a big deal, as I enjoy making playbooks, but know not everyone likes doing this.

My shootbone offense is pretty much locked now, (and yes I am the guy formerly known as Salukifan at Utopia...)

(sub formations in order of appearance in my book)
    Flexbone : Normal, Trips Left/Right

Ace : Spread, Trips 4Wr

Pistol : Spread, Flexbone Trips, Trips 4Wr

Shotty : Spread HB Wk, Spread Offset, Spread, Normal Y Slot, Empty Spread, Wing Trips, Wing Trips HB Wk, Trips, Trips HB Wk, Split Slot, Split Y Offset

Wildcat : Trips Over

Goal Line : Twins Over