Thread: Recruiting: Proximity to Home Pitch

• Facebook
  • Display

Recruiting: Proximity to Home Pitch

I'm playing in an offline dynasty as Kent St. I understand they are NO power house but I'm confused. I'm recruiting this player, when it comes to "proximity to home" I have an A+ since he's from Ohio. However when I try and use this as a recruiting pitch AGAINST another team it says/projects I'm going to get a loss. I'm waiting to recruit against a team from Florida which says they have a C- in this pitch, so why would I loose points?

Seems like a bug.

Or actually, if he doesn't have Proximity to home high you could potentially be losing points for trying to pitch it. What's his grade on it?

I'd say bug. I've noticed that the point values it shows for Negative Recruiting aren't always right. I've had several instances where it said 0-0 yet I got plenty of points as a result.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Just had an issue where I ha over and hour recruiting left. Yet the game wouldn't let me use it. Kept saying all y time had been used and there was a validation failure or something

Did this from the console.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Just had an issue where I ha over and hour recruiting left. Yet the game wouldn't let me use it. Kept saying all y time had been used and there was a validation failure or something

Did you have any instant commits during the week? I have noticed if you pick like 60 minutes to talk to a recruit, but he commits in the first 10 minutes of the call it will put the other 50 minutes back but then say it has been used.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

This happens often to me, to fix it I go out of my recruiting board and into the strategy and without making any changes exit. It does an upload of all your calls you already made. Then go back into recruiting and you'll be able to finish your call everytime.

I have noticed if I have scouting time left I never get this message but if I have zero time left scouting I always get this. Not sure why though. It can be 20 minutes remaining or an hour doesn't matter.

But this does fix the issue.

The original issue is a bug. I see it happen almost every week where I am an A and the other guy is a C and it is a above average or higher and the range shows in the negative. Basically I always play it like I am taking a chance, especially since like you, I am playing as UTSA and can't afford to lose points!

Although I have always wondered if there is something written in to the code where if you talk about the same thing or compare the same thing too often if gives you zeros. I have been an A for location and another school is a C, it can be the most important thing to the player and it will show me if I compare it will be a 0 - 0. Sometimes I do it and I get points and it takes away from the other team and sometimes I take the chance and it gives both teams 0. Kind of like the player is tired of hearing about it.