Thread: Sliders and practicing?

• Facebook
  • Display

Sliders and practicing?

So I want to practice practice practice, however I've set my default game settings to Heisman set here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-project.html

I really enjoy the challenge of these sliders IN GAME. The problem is I want to practice my playbook and more importantly practice with my dynasty players as people get injured or I move on to a new season the players will no longer be the default set. When I'm in the normal practice mode with the QB accuracy set to 0, the QB can't throw the ball anywhere but out of bounds or a he throws little 2 yard flips like his wrist is broken. The sliders work great when you're in an actual game but not on the practice field. Same goes for being on the practice field inside the dynasty. I have these same sliders for my dynasty and again the games are great, my QB will miss some throws from time to time but for the most part if I make good reads he's about 60% accurate which is realistic enough for me. The problem again is when I go to the practice field. I'll try and throw a screen for example and he slams the ball into the ground about 2 feet in front of him. Or on a out route he'll throw the ball a good 40 yards out of bounds. It's kinda funny the WR or TE will stop and look up and watch the ball sail over them.

Besides resetting the sliders each time I want to play is there any other way to go to the practice field and actually practice? I go to the practice field so much b/c I'm trying to learn which routes are better vs which coverages and just get better in general, but it's hard to learn much when I read the proper reads then attempt to throw to the WR but the QB acts like his throwing hand is covered in grease.

I don't really want to have to keep changing the sliders back and forth just to practice, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Set your User QBA to 10. Don't know why it shows 0. They changed it for some reason, but even at 10, you'll see bad, bad throws, especially on deep posts. My QB in my dynasty has a low accuracy rating, so there are no less than 6 deep posts that would have been TDs that he's missed badly.

Hm, seeing some of the other changes they made to their Heisman set, I don't agree with them. I'll have to read through their post to see WTF they were thinking. Oh well, I'll post what I'm using right now later, which is very slight tweaks off of their Heisman set previously.

Anyway, for your practice question, not sure how to fix it. Haven't actually bothered with practice mode hardly at all since the game first came out this year. I know exhibition/play now games play different than dynasty games though, but not sure where practice mode is pulling the settings from if it isn't using the sliders you set. You sure the depth chart isn't getting messed up and sticking in some scrub as your QB?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    You sure the depth chart isn't getting messed up and sticking in some scrub as your QB?
    With the QB set to 0 like they have it the game is just fine. I even tried it in a PLAY NOW/Exhibition game. The QB is just fine. He missed a throw here and there but they do in real life.

If you go to the practice field you'll see what I mean. It doesn't matter what team I pick, I can take A&M for example and with these same sliders QB still set to 0 just like they have it the QB can't do SH*T. I can even take the defense off the field and simple crossing patterns the QB will throw the ball on the other side of the field. I can understand if I was pressing the wrong button but even if I was he would still get the ball within 20 yards of the "button pressed".

Or a simple screen to the HB, the QB will either throw the ball about 2 feet and a good 10 yards short of the HB or he will throw it 20 yards out of bounds as if I pressed the throw-away button. On long deep throws it's kinda cool how the ball will actually look like a "duck" it flips end over end.

You should try it, you'll see what I mean.

Yep, I'll have to try it.

I'm surprised 0 is worth a shit given what I saw at 10. I'll give those slider adjustments a shot, but definitely recording my current ones.

That sucks about practice though, will give that a shot too. Makes no sense to have settings apply in one "mode", but not another. But not surprising that would be missed given other problems with the game.

It's not the end of the world type of a thing, just annoying. I figure what I'll do for "practice sake" is set my default game settings to the default 50 everything sliders (like they were out of the box) then I can atleast work on patterns and different plays.

The IN GAME part is great. I like using these lower ranked teams and these sliders make the game very challenging. I don't like going 12-0 with Wyoming, it would be nice but not realistic.

Practice and OD games, and play now all use the sliders differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Practice and OD games, and play now all use the sliders differently.
    Anything to keep us on our toes.