Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Crowd Chants

• Facebook
  • Display
    USF chants: S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A, South Florida, South Florida, Goooooo Bulls! (accompanied by rotating Bulls hand gesture) heard throughout the game.
    Chant: Bulllllll Shiiiittt, Bullllll Shiiiittt! (heard after a call by the ref against USF)
    Band Plays Song: March Victorious after every Bulls Touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by USFBullsFan11 View Post
    Chant: Bulllllll Shiiiittt, Bullllll Shiiiittt! (heard after a call by the ref against every team)
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Washington State should have a "Go...Cougs" chant randomly throughout the game. Before every kickoff is the rattling of keys and the build up of "aaaaaaaaaah".
    i remember the wazzu/hawaii game 2 years ago at century link field in seattle. every time the cougs got a first down, the pa announcer would say, "and thats ANOTHER Cougars First Down!" all of the wsu fans would say "first down" at the same time the pa announcer did. not sure if it applies here though.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    all of the fans would say "first down" at the same time the pa announcer did. not sure if it applies here though.
    Like the "Bulllllll Shiiiitttt" chant above, that could pretty much apply to every stadium in the nation. Maybe not every, but the majority at least.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Like the "Bulllllll Shiiiitttt" chant above, that could pretty much apply to every stadium in the nation. Maybe not every, but the majority at least.
    Yep, I remember them doing that at Ohio State when I was there for the Navy-Ohio State game a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep, I remember them doing that at Ohio State when I was there for the Navy-Ohio State game a couple years back.
    Every college stadium I've attended a game in has done it. And more than a few high schools.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Every college stadium I've attended a game in has done it. And more than a few high schools.
    Yeah, we were even doing it when I was in college at a D3 place. Both the people in stands and us students all standing around and sitting on couches at the back of the end zone.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    WVU does this after every first down:

Not that it matters or anything...

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Also, the Let's Go Mountaineers cheer is at the beginning of the game and the 2nd half.

TD Horn. I remember this being in '09's game

Clemson : As you go around the stadium starting at the student section, the student section will chant 'C', then the nextion will chant 'L' ,then the next section chants 'E', the next 'M', the next 'S', the next 'O', the next 'N'. This done like a wave going around the stadium. Also, the South stands will chant 'Orange', then the North stands will chant 'White'. Both of these chants will occur during extended stoppages in play.

We've got a great start so far, but we'd appreciate if our members/lurkers who are on Twitter would give us a RT to help spread the word even further.

For Illinois, one half of the stadium chants "I-L-L," then the other half chants "I-N-I," and they repeat this a few times. It's done randomly throughout the game. This was actually included in the last-gen version of the game (as were so many other things).

We Are...Marshall happens before the team entrance and during lulls in play.

i'll be going to the vs game on October 13, so i'll report anything i hear. probably wont be many unique husky chants, since i'm expecting a 4 td win for USC.

Freshman
    Other TCU Chants:

PA: "and its...", PA and crowd "third down!" (on defensive third downs, students hold up the third down sign (the one the refs use))

On punt returns the students chant the punt returners full name e.g. "Cor-y Rog-ers (clap clap clapclapclap)" or "Bran-don Car-ter (clap clap clapclapclap)"

After all TCU points are scored and when the team takes the field pregame and after half the "Frog Horn" sounds. It is a 80dB BNSF train whistle.
    Last edited by natetcu; 08-14-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: frog horn

Rutgers 1st Down Chant

Also, bring back the cannon firing after RU score. It used to be in the game, but then they got rid of it.
    Last edited by PeteyKirch; 08-14-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Oklahoma: "Boomer...Sooner," as noted during pre-game, but sometimes during timeouts.

@ kickoff, they chant "OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo ," until ball is kicked, then "Uuuuuuuu!"

after scores, the "Rufneks" fire off their rifles, which sound like cannons, and the Sooner Schooner rides out to midfield and back.

Oklahoma State: Orange...Power," as noted during pre-game, but also during some timeouts.

@ kickoff (I haven't been to a game in several years now, so don't know if they still do it), fans take out their car keys and jingle them until the kick.

after scores, "Pistol Pete" fires off a pistol, which is louder than a normal one, and "Bullet" the horse rides out to midfield and back with his rider hoisting an OSU flag.

too bad I'm late here but ASU has several chants including A-S-U that increasingly gets faster for every big play we make, also the "hells bell" rings every third down for the opposing team THREE times while we give the pitchfork and if I am correct we do A on the left S on the right then U in unison during the game but I think that was just for the Oregon game I went to...

At ending of the victory song after scores, the fans usually sing the last line of the song and pump their fists as it goes "M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D Maryland will win!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPa5jwb_oPU