Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

This thread will be open once the demo is out.

The demo is now available on XBL and will be on PSN later today.

I completely forgot about this. I suppose I'll go ahead and give it a download. Absolutely no intention of buying Madden 13 anytime before summer 2013, but I'll still give the demo a try as well as the actual game through Season Ticket.

Hearing good things about the Demo.

Looking forward to getting it later this evening.

Turrible, just turrible.

At halftime, playing as the 49ers vs. the Giants on All-Pro difficulty, I'm winning 49-0. Returned two interceptions for a TD (have picked off three passes total so far), recovered a fumble, Crabtree broke through 4 tackles (all of them while at a near stand still) on a 78 yard TD pass, had four touchdowns in the final minute and seven seconds (1 yard run, 10 yard pass (following fumble recovery), 30 yard return interception and 38 yard pass after a Giants punt).

At halftime, I have 209 yards total offense to the Giants 50.

First offensive play of the third quarter, I break a 71 yard run with Frank Gore, untouched.

I know I'm dreaming when I try to move a player around on defense only to watch him reset when I switch to another player presnap. I just KNOW I have to still be asleep and dreaming this. If this is intentional and in the final game, this will go down as the most boneheaded thing EA has done in my book. I'm in utter disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I know I'm dreaming when I try to move a player around on defense only to watch him reset when I switch to another player presnap. I just KNOW I have to still be asleep and dreaming this. If this is intentional and in the final game, this will go down as the most boneheaded thing EA has done in my book. I'm in utter disbelief.
    Hahaha I love it.

No more of guys moving 6-8 players around to set up their ultra Nano blitzes and super contain Spy plays with the DE lined up 15 yards away from the LOS.

Great move IMO. Nothing like seeing the guys who sell the strategy guide showing blitzes where you line the SS right over top of the LOS, then bring every LB to do the same for their blitzes to work.

Granted this is always banned in every league I've been in for the longest still nice to know they are trying to remove glitches from the game. And I do consider moving that amount of players to get ultra quick pressure is a glitch
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-14-2012 at 10:44 AM.

It would be a great move if the pass rush wasn't terrible. As it is now, people are going to have all day to sit in the pocket. While the coverage in both man and zone is improved, it isn't nearly improved enough to hold up against a person who constantly has 5 or 6 seconds to throw the ball.

Looks like it's only when you move players into gaps, so you'll essentially be able to create the same effect by bringing a safety or linebacker down to the end of the line. That makes absolutely no sense.

Probably not even going to bother with the demo. I'll check it out on Season Ticket but unless I am ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY I'll pass on Madden this year.

It would be a great move if the pass rush wasn't terrible. As it is now, people are going to have all day to sit in the pocket. While the coverage in both man and zone is improved, it isn't nearly improved enough to hold up against a person who constantly has 5 or 6 seconds to throw the ball.

Looks like it's only when you move players into gaps, so you'll essentially be able to create the same effect by bringing a safety or linebacker down to the end of the line. That makes absolutely no sense.
    Which is how I seen nearly everyone do it. Move 3-4 players down in the gaps literally overtop of the LOS to create Nano blitzes.

There are stock blitzes that work in Madden without moving any players and simply hot routing 1 defender to rush forward instead of an angle. Then there are other factors as how well you cover manually and the types of coverages you are calling behind your blitzes.

I concentrate on playing Defense, work at it and it is what I love to play in Madden.

Trying to cater to the types of glitches people find and the lobby ranked crowd is what is breaking this game in the first place

3 or 4? Who are you playing?

The most effective ones require the moving of only one or two guys into the gaps. It's only done because the blitz angles on the set plays are fucked. By moving the player into the gap and reblitzing, it's creating a much better angle which is why it works so much better. I don't see how it's a glitch. The shake blitz is a glitch.

All EA did with this was make it mildly harder to setup. You can create the exact same type of thing by bring a safety or LB down on the end of the line, reblitzing, moving a tackle over towards the center a bit and reblitzing. It creates the exact same effect so I'm really unsure as to why EA decided to remove just the ability to move linebackers and safeties in the gaps. Makes no sense.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Turrible, just turrible.

At halftime, playing as the 49ers vs. the Giants on All-Pro difficulty, I'm winning 49-0. Returned two interceptions for a TD (have picked off three passes total so far), recovered a fumble, Crabtree broke through 4 tackles (all of them while at a near stand still) on a 78 yard TD pass, had four touchdowns in the final minute and seven seconds (1 yard run, 10 yard pass (following fumble recovery), 30 yard return interception and 38 yard pass after a Giants punt).

At halftime, I have 209 yards total offense to the Giants 50.

First offensive play of the third quarter, I break a 71 yard run with Frank Gore, untouched.
    All that and still no franchise mode worth a fuck.

3 or 4? Who are you playing?

The most effective ones require the moving of only one or two guys into the gaps. It's only done because the blitz angles on the set plays are fucked. By moving the player into the gap and reblitzing, it's creating a much better angle which is why it works so much better. I don't see how it's a glitch. The shake blitz is a glitch.

All EA did with this was make it mildly harder to setup. You can create the exact same type of thing by bring a safety or LB down on the end of the line, reblitzing, moving a tackle over towards the center a bit and reblitzing. It creates the exact same effect so I'm really unsure as to why EA decided to remove just the ability to move linebackers and safeties in the gaps. Makes no sense.
    Oh I don't play anyone that does it. As I've said I don't play lobby or ranked games. And all the games I do play are on All-Madden and not the CPU.

Ever video I see on YouTube of guys having blitzes or the guys who create the Madden strategy guides are moving LB's into gaps, splitting out the DE's wide and bring Safeties down over top of the Tackle or Guard...or right off the DE's side over the LOS.

Again the lobby guys will always find something but its funny to hear this getting bashed like it is.

I'll tell you a simply blitz that requires not moving 1 person.

2-3-6 Odd; Spinner 3

All you do is Crash the D-line to the right. That is it. Depending on your manual coverage of the area where the blitz is coming from and the blocking assignment you will get a blitz more than likely. Of course that also depends if you haven't been showing the same blitz all game or your opponent hasn't adjusted.

I have come to realization that this game will never be able to be made for both guys who don't resort to glitches and other things that screw the AI and the guys that do all of those things.

Demo is up on PSN now for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockDoctor View Post
    Demo is up on PSN now for those interested.
    +1

i just deleted the ncaa demo and a ton of ncaa 12 and madden 11 saves before loading this demo.

I feel cleaner and fresh now.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    All that and still no franchise mode worth a fuck.
    And until you guys rave about a franchise mode I will continue to pass on Madden.

Played 2 games default All-Pro: Passing is way too easy. I'm completing 80% of my passes (17-21 RGIII, and 14-17 Alexis Smith) by just taking what the CPU is giving me. Run game ehh it sucks either there is no hole because of instant block shedding or missed blocks or every defender is blocked and I'm gone for huge gains. I can't truck someone one on one to save my life and Gore kept bumping into his blockers and falling down like a little girl from the slight contact. Infinity engine is way overdone after the play I see guys flopping and falling all over each other just to get back to the huddle exactly like you never see in real life, lol.

Might give All Madden a try but that will just exacerbate the problem I have with the run game. Ehh maybe if I lower the CPU tackling slider down to 10 Jacobs won't play like a pee wee RB going up against Suh every run.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Played 2 games default All-Pro: Passing is way too easy. I'm completing 80% of my passes (17-21 RGIII, and 14-17 Alexis Smith) by just taking what the CPU is giving me. Run game ehh it sucks either there is no hole because of instant block shedding or missed blocks or every defender is blocked and I'm gone for huge gains. I can't truck someone one on one to save my life and Gore kept bumping into his blockers and falling down like a little girl from the slight contact. Infinity engine is way overdone after the play I see guys flopping and falling all over each other just to get back to the huddle exactly like you never see in real life, lol.

Might give All Madden a try but that will just exacerbate the problem I have with the run game. Ehh maybe if I lower the CPU tackling slider down to 10 Jacobs won't play like a pee wee RB going up against Suh every run.
    default is pro

All Madden is the only way to play. No other difficulty matters