Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    A former Backbreaker dev has been writing articles on OS about Madden. Here is part 2 on EA's running game engine and blocking. Fantastic article (part one is linked in there as well).

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-the-run-game/
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-23-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That's cool but I notice they have the Dolphins running the 3-4 as their defense and I'm guessing Cam Wake will be listed at OLB. That's wrong. They have moved to the 4-3 this year although they may still show some 3-4 looks. At the very least it should be a hybrid but the 4-3 should be the base. I can live with this because I love the 3-4 but it's inaccurate.
    Rudy, I think that is how the developers want it. Remember how they said if you change a scheme, your players are not suited for it and will still register with the old scheme until you draft/bring in the appropriate players. Since you can't edit players, Wake is and will always be considered on OLB according to CCM. Maybe the new motto should be "play EA's way." ???

This quote from EA sports community manager at OS ruined my day.

Q. Editing #'s and equipment?

A: "You cannot edit those at the moment. Obviously this is something we would like to implement in the future but I don't know when that will be."

If I had a dollar for everytime I have heard that line from "NEXT GEN" EA titles I would be rich. A lot of people, including myself were hoping for a day one patch for editing but it's not going to happen.

Apparently they fixed the Dolphins defensive scheme for the retail version so it will be a 4-3. Not sure what took so long though. They brought in a new DC right away who announced the intention of going to the 4-3. I still expect some looks with Wake in a 2 point stance but they are a 4-3 team now. With so many teams going to passing sets it's probably a good thing unless teams start running 3-3-5 looks more.

So an EA rep on OS finally said why editing is out... it would create instability online and lead to disconnects. Us offliners really took it on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So an EA rep on OS finally said why editing is out... it would create instability online and lead to disconnects. Us offliners really took it on this one!
    Yep. Why don't they have it like NCAA? You can edit to your heart's content for offline use, but you have to have the official rosters, whatever is officially released by/recognized by EA, to play anything online. Unless with everything being tied in with CCM, it'd be all fucked up regardless.

But if that's the case, so help me god if those bastards add CCM to NCAA. I'm gonna burn down their goddamn building.

EA was so concerned about making the online franchise work like offline that they decided to nerf offline to make it happen. It's a garbage reason but what can we do about it other than not buy it? It's annoying but it's not a game killer for me. Still pisses me off that this is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    EA was so concerned about making the online franchise work like offline that they decided to nerf offline to make it happen. It's a garbage reason but what can we do about it other than not buy it? It's annoying but it's not a game killer for me. Still pisses me off that this is the reason.
    Yeah, some of the stuff I could get over, but not being able to edit anything at all is a huge negative for me. I don't play online. I play 100% offline. Losing everything that was chopped out for CCM, it completely kills my experience with Madden. I still have never played Madden 12, and only owned Madden 11 for 3 days (to achievement whore it), so losing everything that got chopped out in Madden 13, there's no reason for me to buy it.

It saddens me because NCAA and Madden were guaranteed buys every single year. But I need the immersion factor of Dynasty/Franchise for NCAA and Madden, I can't just simply play online or Play Now games. But while Dynasty in NCAA usually continues to get regular additions and updates, offline Franchise in Madden just continues to get fucked over, either by getting completely skipped in favor of the online players, or in the case of this year, CCM, which is great for, again, online players, but does nothing but destroy things that were great in the past for offline franchise players.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    offline Franchise in Madden just continues to get fucked over, either by getting completely skipped in favor of the online players, or in the case of this year, CCM, which is great for, again, online players, but does nothing but destroy things that were great in the past for offline franchise players.
    FWIW, CCM can be played 100% offline. Don't think it brings back any of the lost features though.

Also, it is worth mentioning that online Franchise was even more fucked over than regular Franchise.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud