Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate NCAA Football 11 Recruiting Central

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    I still can't for the life of me remember the ranges and letter grades for swaying. Can someone hook me up?
    A+ was Elite last year, which would have corresponded with Most.
    A = Excellent = Very High
    B+ = High
    B = Above Average
    C+ = Average
    C = Low
    D+ = Very Low
    D = Least

You can't go any lower than D, right? I believe that's the lowest.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    A+ was Elite last year, which would have corresponded with Most.
    A = Excellent = Very High
    B+ = High
    B = Above Average
    C+ = Average
    C = Low
    D+ = Very Low
    D = Least

You can't go any lower than D, right? I believe that's the lowest.
    Thanks, JeffHCross. I was under the impression that B+ = "Very High" as it equated to a "Green" pitch for NCAA '10. I was almost positive it was:
    • A+, A = Most
    • B+ = Very High
    • B = High
    • C+ = Above Average
    • C = Average
    • D+ = Low
    • D = Very Low

You can't sway a pitch that is "High" to "Very High" on a B+? I am almost sure of it...Damn me to Hell! I need my console, STAT!

Roy, I think there is some overlap, but I don't know what the backend logic is for swaying. Green isn't just a 1:1 match, it's just a 'close' match. I've seen A+ get Green on Most, Very High, and High. I think my list is right for the direct correspondence, but there is some overlap for swaying.

I know you're right, Jeff. I'm just used to old system. I didn't have time to run a few test dynasties to see how everything works, so I'm learning as I'm playing my online dynasty. Each recruiting week I'm learning a little more about when and how to do things. It's just frustrating because I need a solid recruiting class as I'm learning!

I swayed a pitch from High (I think or Very High) to a Most. Still lose the recruit but for awhile I had 2 Most's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    I swayed a pitch from High (I think or Very High) to a Most. Still lose the recruit but for awhile I had 2 Most's.
    Oh great. Something else I need to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    Oh great. Something else I need to think about.
    Yep, I saw a recruit with two Mosts as well. The sways have completely changed this year. I would swear I've had pitches sway and jump two steps (i.e. Above Average to Very High). It's kind of awesome.

Honestly, Roy, don't overly complicate it. The system is designed to be fairly simple. The intricacies aren't really worth it, at least not this early.

Based on what I've seen so far, if you play "smart", you'll do well. Go after targets you have a hope of getting. Make liberal use of comparing yourself to an opponent when there's a gap between your ratings. Know what the prospect think about pitches before you try to sell him on something. After all, if it's his Least important, why bother trying to pitch or doing a compare?

Being smart and logical about the calls seems to work very well.

I had a recruit with 3 "Mosts". That's not new in 11 though.

The sways have completely changed this year.
    I think that is a good change, since I never bothered with sway in the past.

Yep, I saw a recruit with two Mosts as well. The sways have completely changed this year. I would swear I've had pitches sway and jump two steps (i.e. Above Average to Very High). It's kind of awesome.

Honestly, Roy, don't overly complicate it. The system is designed to be fairly simple. The intricacies aren't really worth it, at least not this early.

Based on what I've seen so far, if you play "smart", you'll do well. Go after targets you have a hope of getting. Make liberal use of comparing yourself to an opponent when there's a gap between your ratings. Know what the prospect think about pitches before you try to sell him on something. After all, if it's his Least important, why bother trying to pitch or doing a compare?

Being smart and logical about the calls seems to work very well.
    Yeah, I'm just stressing a little about recruiting. When did you ever think you'd hear that? I wish I had the time in the beginning to get a better feel for it. Actually, I feel I'm doing pretty well with recruiting. I haven't landed a recruit yet (season #1, week #6), but I'm in the top 1-5 on everyone on my board and either leading or within 200 points of all of them. I'm seriously recruiting about 10-15 recruits per week, but I keep my board full with prospects who are my backup plans to hold their interest. Needless to say, recruiting with a school whose best pitch is C+ (except for the highly variable ones) is tough. Makes you really think about what you need to do to be successful.

I can say with certainty that having a player on your board, even if you don't give him a call, still gives you some points. It's not much, and it will make very little in the long run, but it's definitely something. I've had a guy on my board without a phone call for at least the last two weeks, and my lead over the #2 team has extended 40 points each week. I don't think anybody besides me is recruiting him, so I'm confident in saying you get 40 points for having a guy on your board.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I can say with certainty that having a player on your board, even if you don't give him a call, still gives you some points. It's not much, and it will make very little in the long run, but it's definitely something. I've had a guy on my board without a phone call for at least the last two weeks, and my lead over the #2 team has extended 40 points each week. I don't think anybody besides me is recruiting him, so I'm confident in saying you get 40 points for having a guy on your board.
    You could check and make sure by switching on the helper things and using the Recruiting Report to see if anyone else is targeting him.

I'm absolutely positive that that is the case as well, but I never looked to see how much the points were.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    You could check and make sure by switching on the helper things and using the Recruiting Report to see if anyone else is targeting him.
    Yeah, I have no interest in paying for those ...

Either way, you get at least 40 points per week.

Discuss six topics, have the Recruit Advisor (X2) and Pipeline Bonus, and this is what can happen:

Last edited by cdj; 08-13-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo

Ha, that is awesome. That is the highest point total I've seen thus far.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Ha, that is awesome. That is the highest point total I've seen thus far.
    Same here, though I've come pretty close myself (had like 1085 or something).

Nice......I think only the highest I've gotten into was the 800 range....

A reference point:
    In my Heisman solo OD, I'm using AA recruiting. In Year3, I'm just short of 1/2-way through the season and have hard commits from two 5star and five 4star. Funnily enough, 3 of those 7 recruits are running backs. WR, SS, and 2 Gs are the others.

Only lost 1 game in Year1, undefeated but BCS-locked out of the championship game in Year2, and undefeated so far in Year3.

I thought it was pretty cool that one JUCO I got was actually from Windsor (where I work).

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Discuss six topics, have the Recruit Advisor (X2) and Pipeline Bonus, and this is what can happen:
    For some reason, I find it hilarious that you got that kind of point total on a punter.