Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Dynasty/HC/RTG/Carousel Updates

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14 - General Dynasty/HC/RTG/Carousel Updates

If you don't feel like tracking your entire Dynasty, Heisman Challenge, Coaching Carousel, or Road to Glory in their own report, use this thread to share any interesting happenings with the rest of the community.

Dynasty: Rice Owls

Position: Offensive Coordinator

Playbook: Custom (Pro-Stlye based on Michigan State )

Contract: Three Years

Year 1: 5-7 (no bowl invite)
    Year 2: 8-5 (victory in the Beef O’Brady’s Bowl over Temple )
    Year 3: 9-4 (loss to Arkansas St in the New Orleans Bowl )

** offered a two year contract extension to stay with Rice. I will play out this new contract and then go looking for my first HC gig. My long-term goal is to get to be the HC at Michigan State. However, State just signed Steve Spurrier as their new HC so it may be a long while before that job opens up.

At the start of my dynasty Rice was a solid C team. Frankly a “C” rating for this team was generous as they were awful that first season. We started off the year 0-4 and it was ugly. As a tribute to Darius Locke I played my first game at Ole Miss and we were dissmantled. However, down the stretch we played much better and in a shocker we took ND to double OT before finally dropping the game. In our last game of the season we had a chance to win and go bowling but sadly, Houston ended that possibility with a big win.

In season two, we gained a lot of skill through training and landed a couple of big time TEXAS recruits. Specifically I picked up a 4 star starting reciever (Willie Harvey) and a 4 star stud RB, Joe Smith (both would be NCAA freshman all Americans). These two guys were game changers immediately and were hugely responsible for Rice’s success in season two.

Season two started off with a blow out win over FCS East and then three staright losses before the new guys stepped up. Long story short, Smith had 991 yards rushing and then was hurt in the last four games of the season. If we had him we may have been playing for the C-USA Championship. This was the season of shockers… we upset Tulsa (sorry Smooth), Houston, and Southern Miss. I beat Temple in the Beef O’Brady Bowl (twice due to a game freeze) and that really helped improve our championship contender status.

Recruiting for a pro style offense and a 4-2-5 D was challenging at first. However, after picking up Harvey and Smith and getting some wins, recruiting becam a lot easier. During season three pre-season we added Louisiana to our pipeLine (which consisted of Texas and Canada before I joined up). The biggest pickup in recruiting…. A scrambler QB, Leo Washington. The 4 star QB was #1 on my board all of season two and all the way to week 5 of recruiting and then he finally signed and this changed everything for Rice. This guy is a beast. He threw for 31 TD’s in his rookie season and was named freshman NCAA all american at QB. We were in the hunt for a spot in the C-USA Championship game all season. After a huge OT victory over Houston in week seven we were in the driving seat. We even made it into the top 25 (#22). Then in the second to last game of the season, we lost to a cupcake 1-8 Tulane. I don’t know how or why, but we lost. That week Houston won so in order to get to the C-USA game, we would need to beat Southerm Miss and Houston would need to lose to SMU. Houston won and we got blown out. We were invited to the New Orleans Bowl against Arkansas State (they lost the NC to Rutgers last season). The game wasn’t very good, nor were we… 31-12 Arkansas St.

I was offered a two year extension and I accepted. I didn’t want to leave since I really hadn’t accomplished my goals for Rice (win C-USA) or come close to doing it. Going into season four I have to be a favourite for the C-USA title. The D is still a concern but the offense is really clicking and our skill level is now a “B.” Hopefully this season I will get my first NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME. We also picked up Tennessee for a new pipleine state so recruiting will be very interesting this season.

In other news, congats to Smooth. He signed a new two year deal at Tusa. His offense has been excellent but Tulsa’s D is weak. Okay, let’s bring on season four.

Started off season two with the biggest upset so far in my dynasty. I took Rice into NY to play #16 ranked Rutgers Rutgers is only two seasons removed from being National Champs. This was a major defensive battle. Rutgers was up 6-0 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Then I drove down the field and scored a td before the half to go up 7-6. It stayed that way to the fourth when I moved down the field and scored a td to take a 14-6 lead. On the next drive for Rutgers they go down the field and score a TD with 48 seconds left. Rutgers attempted the 2pt conversion to tie it but they were stuffed on a sweep play. With no time outs left to stop me, I ran out the clock and we walked away with a huge 14-12 upset.

My team is now rated a B- while Rutgers was a B+ but only a C for offense. I really struggled moving the ball on offense and the passing game was abismal. My team is really strong but I have huge concerns about my Offensive line going forward. My QB took a beating due to shoddy blocking. In my second game against Army I won 28-24 but again, terrible line play.

In my solo OD, there was a pretty crazy week of upsets. The #1, #2, #3, #7, #10, #11, #13, #23, #24 teams all lost. The previous #5, #4, & #8 squads are now the top three in the polls. The volume of upsets really made the Studio Updates and ESPN Ticker fun to follow in my game.

Just finished my Jr. year as a QB at Southern Miss in RTG. Beat GA 65-63 in 4OT. I was runner up in the Heisman for the 2nd year in a row to GA HB #1.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    In my solo OD, there was a pretty crazy week of upsets. The #1, #2, #3, #7, #10, #11, #13, #23, #24 teams all lost. The previous #5, #4, & #8 squads are now the top three in the polls. The volume of upsets really made the Studio Updates and ESPN Ticker fun to follow in my game.
    In my current season there has been a different number one seed every week since week three and we are no in week 9. Cal went from out of the top 25 to number one in eigth weeks and now they are out as they lost to ASU and Auburn slides into #1.

After an awesome season I go 11-1 and make it to the C-USA conference championship game. I play versus UCF, a team I beat 31-17 earlier in the year. Long story short, the cpu stomps me 32-15. I am still however a ranlked team in 18th spot and have been invited to the Liberty Bowl to play against a strong Louisville team.

I beat Louisville in a hard fought battle in the Lberty Bowl 30-20. It was a great game. I end the season ranked #15. My recruiting is now really beginning to impact the University of Houston as their talent pool is drying up. After off season scouting, I end with the 8th best class in the nation. This team is loaded for future years although this will be my 5th year and after this I am throwing my hat into the HC ring. I had a great offer for Cincy in CC but i passed as my goal was 5 seasons as an OC and to win the C-USA title.

In other news, congrats to Smooth Pancakes. After two contracts as OC at Tulsa he is now the HEAD COACH of... SAN JOSE STATE!

double post issue strikes again.