Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIFA 13 Career Mode – The New Features

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Steeler: Figured on the customization. My problem is that I want to play in England with promotion and regulation, but I have more of a connection to a couple MLS squads in particular. So I'd love to play in England with MLS kits, which isn't going to happen
    What I did on 12 was this. I started at Houston, then I just took the highest paying jobs from there with my goal being the English Premier League.

That helped me get exposed to some leagues that I wouldn't have been otherwise. After a season in Houston, I managed SC Braga in Liga Portuguesa for one year. I left there and went to the Bundesliga (Germany) and managed FC Schalke 04. I finally got offers in England after that and I took over at Manchester City. I got a little bored after 3 years there, so I left and went to Liga BBVA (La Liga - Spain) and I managed Valencia CF. I decided to go back to England after that and landed at Manchester United, which is where I am now.

That's what's great about this game. So many leagues and so many competitions. It never gets stale. In England alone, I can compete for the Premiership title (of course), the Champions League or Europa League title, the Carling Cup, the FA Cup, and the European Super Cup (if I win the Champions League or Europa League in the previous season). I'm hoping they'll add the Club World Cup and the Community Shield at some point too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I went from Chicago Fire (a shitty shitty team), to a job in Poland. I'm still in the friendly stages with them, but am 1-1 with a much better team. Got myself a 75 OVR GK in transfers too. I'd like to try to get through this season before 13 comes out, but I dunno if I will. For 13, I will definitely want to play more offline seasons. If there are Connected Careers, I'm sure this will happen teaming up with and Snoop

just doing a drive by

this could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    this could be fun.

Damn 360 and their connect when is Sony going to add something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    just doing a drive by
    This from a guy who enjoys wearing pink pants, a teal shirt, white belt, and white shoes while counting his strokes and washing his balls.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This from a guy who enjoys wearing pink pants, a teal shirt, white belt, and white shoes while counting his strokes and washing his balls.

So any word if this shizzle will be brought online for online career mode with buddies?

That’s right folks in FIFA 13′s Career Mode your club can now take part in 1st season European football.

This is the bit EA asked us to hold back due to a few niggling issues but now we can tell you exactly how it works…

• In the Career Mode setup menu you can now select “Europe 1st Season”
    • This takes you through to the cup draw which at first is populated with random teams.
    • You then get the option to draw again from “seeded teams” which will give you a tournament setup closer to the real deal.
    • After that you can also manually swap teams with others from the same league if you wish.

It may sound like a small thing but for Career Modes realism and that all important first impression it’s a massive hurdle that EA have managed to overcome this year and one which the community have asked for since the mode was re-launched with FIFA 10. It’s also important to note that Career Mode’s European football is not licensed officially.

Link

Hmm. Since I started my Career Mode in MLS, I honestly didn't realize that the Champions League (Champions Cup in FIFA) and the Europa League (Euro League in FIFA) were not in the first season previously. This is certainly a big add for anyone who starts their Career Mode in Europe.

Also, you guys should listen to the short portion of that interview (follow the link). You get good insight into the mindset of the FIFA team. "Don't worry about gimmicky features - make sure passing, shooting, and the fundamentals work first" to paraphrase.

Hmm. Since I started my Career Mode in MLS, I honestly didn't realize that the Champions League (Champions Cup in FIFA) and the Europa League (Euro League in FIFA) were not in the first season previously. This is certainly a big add for anyone who starts their Career Mode in Europe.

Also, you guys should listen to the short portion of that interview (follow the link). You get good insight into the mindset of the FIFA team. "Don't worry about gimmicky features - make sure passing, shooting, and the fundamentals work first" to paraphrase.

Perhaps that interview should be forwarded on to the Madden/NCAA team then. The VERY basics of blocking and tackling are really F'd up in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Perhaps that interview should be forwarded on to the Madden/NCAA team then. The VERY basics of blocking and tackling are really F'd up in both games.
    That's what I was eluding to. However, there are a ton of factors to be considered. Obviously, competition is one. But one that will be overlooked by EA bashers is the fact that FIFA has a ginormous target audience and gimmicks aren't needed to draw in buyers. Sadly, that's a major influence on NCAA. It's just reality.

FIFA also has to compete with Pro Evolution Soccer. Even though I've never played that game and never will, I keep hearing people talk about it that are from other countries.

Has anoyne downloaded the PES demo for PS3? I was thinking about it but just haven't found the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Has anoyne downloaded the PES demo for PS3? I was thinking about it but just haven't found the time.
    I haven't, but I didn't know it was available. I'll give it a run, but I've heard that the gameplay is arcadey in PES.

For me, I can't imagine going with PES over FIFA. I'd rather deal with the Champions League being called the "Champions Cup" than with Manchester United being called "Manchester Red", or whatever.

I'm very pleased with FIFA. PES would have to be good enough to make me get 2 football titles and I doubt that will happen.

I haven't, but I didn't know it was available. I'll give it a run, but I've heard that the gameplay is arcadey in PES.

For me, I can't imagine going with PES over FIFA. I'd rather deal with the Champions League being called the "Champions Cup" than with Manchester United being called "Manchester Red", or whatever.

I'm very pleased with FIFA. PES would have to be good enough to make me get 2 football titles and I doubt that will happen.

I haven't played PES in years but back in the day PES was the "sim" title and FIFA was "arcady". It's allot like the 2K v. EA thing (or at least it was)