Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: steelerfan's NCAA Football 13 Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Please understand that I haven't played as much this year as I had at this point last year. That said, I feel pretty good about what I have and I don't see any gaping holes. Any holes that I have seen are unfixable with sliders, imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh I know and understand. I used your sliders literally my entire time with NCAA 12, so whatever you come up with, I know will at least be a pretty good set.

I don't know what changes might have to be made with the release of the new patch today, but I'm gonna at least use your set and then make any changes that I may need to. Some stuff probably will need to be changed as I played a test dynasty game as Tulsa vs. UMass, and I was almost getting my ass handed to me. I'll have to toy around with it some more and see what I can come up with.

I'm not sure if/what the update has done to affect these sliders but just for fun I changed my offline dynasty sliders back to the default set. Playing on AA and I had a pretty fun game, the stats seemed realistic, nothing glaring...I'll give your sliders a shot again, but if they don't seem to work out you might want to try the default and go from there. The default seemed to be a pretty good game.

The biggest difference I can see playing with QB accuracy at 50 vs 0-10 is you can throw the fade routes and lob the ball over the DB. Seems like when the QB acc is set to a lower setting my QBs either throw is low and it's picked or they chunk the ball out of bounds, no touch on the passes.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I'm not sure if/what the update has done to affect these sliders but just for fun I changed my offline dynasty sliders back to the default set. Playing on AA and I had a pretty fun game, the stats seemed realistic, nothing glaring...I'll give your sliders a shot again, but if they don't seem to work out you might want to try the default and go from there. The default seemed to be a pretty good game.

The biggest difference I can see playing with QB accuracy at 50 vs 0-10 is you can throw the fade routes and lob the ball over the DB. Seems like when the QB acc is set to a lower setting my QBs either throw is low and it's picked or they chunk the ball out of bounds, no touch on the passes.
    It's kind of like what Rudy said last year... slider are difficullt because they are such a personal matter. Personally I like Steelers sliders as a base set but I have greatly increased hum pass rush to 70 as well as hum qb acc to 35. The goal for sliders is to get them where I am happy. I have never used anyones slider set exactly. I need to find my comfort level.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's kind of like what Rudy said last year... slider are difficullt because they are such a personal matter. Personally I like Steelers sliders as a base set but I have greatly increased hum pass rush to 70 as well as hum qb acc to 35. The goal for sliders is to get them where I am happy. I have never used anyones slider set exactly. I need to find my comfort level.
    See, I play on the D-Line so I always have the pass rush lower than most would.

Well I played my 1st offline dynasty game post patch and I think some changes are going to have to be made as I smoked #22 @ in my first game as HC at

The Cougars are LOADED at WR but I picked apart Auburn like it was child's play.

Steeler, are you playing NCAA at all anymore or is it all FIFA now? If it's all FIFA I'm worried about our next matchup... Steeler 17 Jaymo 0 end of the first half...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Steeler, are you playing NCAA at all anymore or is it all FIFA now? If it's all FIFA I'm worried about our next matchup... Steeler 17 Jaymo 0 end of the first half...
    All FIFA. But I'm sure that, with the college season underway, I'll be back on NCAA soon.

I'm finishing up my 8th season on FIFA. When I do, I'll likely put FIFA down until 13 drops later this month.

...man I have just started using you're sliders for the first time this season in my offline dynasty. I've never really used sliders but I am really enjoying yours. Usually after I win a NC I quit playing or lose interest. My games have been interesting an fun even though my team is now 'talented'. I know you are more of a FIFA guy now but I sure hope you get NCAA 14 and create new sliders. ...I might die if you don't make them. No pressure though. .

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ...man I have just started using you're sliders for the first time this season in my offline dynasty. I've never really used sliders but I am really enjoying yours. Usually after I win a NC I quit playing or lose interest. My games have been interesting an fun even though my team is now 'talented'. I know you are more of a FIFA guy now but I sure hope you get NCAA 14 and create new sliders. ...I might die if you don't make them. No pressure though. .
    Really funny to see this thread get some love today. Earlier in the day I got a PM that involved sliders for NCAA and I've had this on my brain for the last hour. Ironic.

Anyway, while I am fully into FIFA these days I do imagine that I'll give NCAA 14 a try. If I do, you can bet I'll do sliders and share them in case they help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Really funny to see this thread get some love today. Earlier in the day I got a PM that involved sliders for NCAA and I've had this on my brain for the last hour. Ironic.

Anyway, while I am fully into FIFA these days I do imagine that I'll give NCAA 14 a try. If I do, you can bet I'll do sliders and share them in case they help someone.

are these sliders more of a diffuculty set or a game feel set in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    are these sliders more of a diffuculty set or a game feel set in your opinion?
    These, for me, get a realistic snap count and the statistics to go with it.

is the DB glitch at least somewhat non-existent in these sliders?

is the DB glitch at least somewhat non-existent in these sliders?
    I don't know what the glitch is. I have played exactly one game of NCAA since August. You'd have to play to find out. Sorry.

the DB glitch is when the CPU has pass coverage set to aggressive and on every deep route the DB/Safety over plays it by a mile and leaves the WR wide open.. its a known glitch that can be fixed with sliders...... to be fixed i suggest sliders from OS as they seem to have way more feedback.

the DB glitch is when the CPU has pass coverage set to aggressive and on every deep route the DB/Safety over plays it by a mile and leaves the WR wide open.. its a known glitch that can be fixed with sliders...... to be fixed i suggest sliders from OS as they seem to have way more feedback.
    Um, ok...?