Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

In-Game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

In-Game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to in-game presentation & atmosphere in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Haven't played just yet so won't go deep here. Also I know the EA team is aware. Just want to throw in team celebrations once again. I see one on one celebrations are more frequent now, and that starts to give a feel of excitement, but team celebrations are missing altogether still. Let me stress that I don't want a big team celebration every single time. Just in a high momentum play. This year we took a step in the right direction by making big games look and feel more like big games. More to do there, but now let's also take it in game, and make big plays feel like big plays. Make game changing moments evident in celebrations.

Also the FG celebration needs to be cut to immediately. It's not so bad, even though I'd like more, but the killer is that you don't see the celebration for several seconds after the big moment.

There are continuity errors with the cutscenes. I wish I had a way to record video but I've seen kickers make a field goal, then they show a cutscene of the kicker sitting on the bench with the team coming over and patting him on the shoulders, then it cuts back to the field where the kicker is standing around. I've also seen a scene where a cornerback made a sack, then they go to the running off the field cutscene, then it cuts back to the field where that same cornerback is standing around. I'm sure I'll see more as time progresses but those are 2 examples that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    There are continuity errors with the cutscenes. I wish I had a way to record video but I've seen kickers make a field goal, then they show a cutscene of the kicker sitting on the bench with the team coming over and patting him on the shoulders, then it cuts back to the field where the kicker is standing around. I've also seen a scene where a cornerback made a sack, then they go to the running off the field cutscene, then it cuts back to the field where that same cornerback is standing around. I'm sure I'll see more as time progresses but those are 2 examples that come to mind.
    It should cut away to the crowd after a special teams score and celebration, that way the guys aren't running off the field when it cuts back.

Additionally when it cuts to a sideline celebration scene (at least for offense), the offensive players are the sideline celebrators, and then they are on the field again when it cuts back. This is actually very funny, but of course, it should be the defense/special teams players.

Two more before I go to work. More continuity errors.

Sack Tulane QB, athletic trainer's come onto the field, they talk, cutscene over, standing on the field............................the QB that just broke his elbow.

My CB receives the 2nd half kickoff, gets tackled in a pile, gets injured, athletic trainer's come out onto the field, shot of fans in the stands, goes back to a cutscene of the CB now being carted off the field, cutscene ends, now standing on the field as if nothing happened................................the CB.

By the way, athletic trainers are the best thing to happen to NCAA Football '11.

So there are carts eh.... I want way more stat banners im talking every play or every other play. I wanna know whats going on with my team. Of course i want a college gameday show previewing all the days games. If EA is feeling it make sure that it changes every week from location to location

1. Halftime show~ stats and highlights
    2. Weekly wrap-up show~ stas, hignlights, top 25, recruiting news, conference standings... so much potential here.

- More awareness of when injuries occur. The trainer cutscene seems to rarely come up and there's not always an indication a player is hurt unless you see the injury animation itself. There needs to be a pop-up banner above the score overlay saying EX: "Injury to NEB HB #10 - Under Evaluation" at the end of the play where the injury occurs.

- Pre-game and heading into the game, there is no mention of the records of either team or the weather (besides wind). Right before kick-off, above the score overlay the text/pop-up should give Stadium Name (and maybe attendance), weather, then team records. Perhaps each shows for two seconds each. EX: "Memorial Stadium Lincoln, NE", "Overcast 78 Degrees (", "NEBRASKA 9-1 (6-0 BIG 12)", "KANSAS STATE 6-4 (3-3 BIG 12)"

- The podium in the monolith would look more like ESPN programming IMO if it showed the two helmets for the teams in non-trophy games as compared to the generic football trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    - More awareness of when injuries occur. The trainer cutscene seems to rarely come up and there's not always an indication a player is hurt unless you see the injury animation itself. There needs to be a pop-up banner above the score overlay saying EX: "Injury to NEB HB #10 - Under Evaluation" at the end of the play where the injury occurs.

- Pre-game and heading into the game, there is no mention of the records of either team or the weather (besides wind). Right before kick-off, above the score overlay the text/pop-up should give Stadium Name (and maybe attendance), weather, then team records. Perhaps each shows for two seconds each. EX: "Memorial Stadium Lincoln, NE", "Overcast 78 Degrees (", "NEBRASKA 9-1 (6-0 BIG 12)", "KANSAS STATE 6-4 (3-3 BIG 12)"

- The podium in the monolith would look more like ESPN programming IMO if it showed the two helmets for the teams in non-trophy games as compared to the generic football trophy.
    Great stuff. I think it should be 2 helmets regardless of trophy or not. If there's a trophy to play for, put it between them. That would be pretty cool.

As a Feedback item (rather than a Wishlist), it is very ... very ... very cool that my 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes, because they are named "Ohio State Buckeyes" in Teambuilder, are recognized by Nesslar as being the actual Ohio State team. He treats the Ohio State - Michigan rivalry just like it would be if I was playing with the built in team (this is in Exhibition, it wouldn't have surprised me as much in Online Dynasty). Ohio Stadium is treated as the Horseshoe, etc. I don't know if this is Pattern matching (I would presume), or what, but it was very, very cool to see last night. If you listen to pre-game, you'd have no idea that my Buckeyes are not the built-in team.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As a Feedback item (rather than a Wishlist), it is very ... very ... very cool that my 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes, because they are named "Ohio State Buckeyes" in Teambuilder, are recognized by Nesslar as being the actual Ohio State team. He treats the Ohio State - Michigan rivalry just like it would be if I was playing with the built in team (this is in Exhibition, it wouldn't have surprised me as much in Online Dynasty). Ohio Stadium is treated as the Horseshoe, etc. I don't know if this is Pattern matching (I would presume), or what, but it was very, very cool to see last night. If you listen to pre-game, you'd have no idea that my Buckeyes are not the built-in team.
    My Southern Miss team is like that too. I don't think they play our fight song during the entrance though (I'll have to go back and check). It did play after PAT's but I don't remember what it played after touchdowns.

Ole Miss and LSU now play for a trophy, it's called the Magnolia Bowl.

Home field advantage needs to be amped up... playing at Ohio St feels similar to playing at Akron... come on! The home team (especially the cpu) needs a larger advantage for the top 25 toughest places to play. I find HFA is far, far too subtle this year.

I watched a re-run of the Outback Bowl a few days back on BigTen. The presentation banners are identical to what's in 11 BUT I made note of a couple of banners that would look great in our game for 12. Plus, I only watched for about 10 mins and this is what came up.

Starting line-ups (both teams / both off and def)
    Total yards comparison (season avg. per game)
    School bowl history (past three seasons)
    Impact players of the game + stats
    3rd down conversion % (season + game)
    4th down conversion (season + game)
    rb comparsin
    wr comparison
    qb comparison
    pass yardage (left, middle, right)

Imagine how much would be added to the game with these small additions!

A few things with regards to Presentation.

Last night I was playing in the Orange Bowl with ND (Season 3). My HB had a great game but broke his shoulder in the 4th quarter. At the end of the game, he was named Player of the Game and was shown jumping up on the bench and pumping his fist in the air. Hardly what a guy with a broken shoulder would be doing, but I just chuckled and went on because I realize that what I saw was fairly rare and I can't expect EA to account for a situation like that.

Today I was playing against Michigan State and, in the pregame, Nessler highlighted the MSU QB and shots of him warming up were shown. The problem is that he has an upper arm fracture and he is out for the season. That one should be accounted for.

It got me thinking a little about how great the Presentation is this year but also how many errors occur with it.

I really hate the cut scene of the the offensive line shaking their heads and crossing their arms that is shown after a holding call. What's wrong with it? They're shown on the sideline instead of on the field.

I know we've all been a little peeved seeing a kicker trot off the field immediately after he's shown celebrating on the sidelines or an injured player jogging to the sidelines after being carted off or the starting QB being congratulated as he runs to the sideline following a PAT (that one should show after the TD not the PAT).

I think the Presentation has been a massive upgrade this year and I like virtually everyone of the cut scenes. However, if they play at the wrong time or if something contradictory is shown after they play, it falls flat.

Some changes are badly needed (I realize not likely this year). Some scenes (OL scene I mentioned) need to be redone or eliminated, others (QB scene I mentioned) need to play at different times than they do now, while some others (kicker celebration) need to have a panoramic stadium shot automatically be show immediately after they play (so we don't see guys on the field that the cut scene just showed elsewhere).

Thoughts?

Most of the things you mentioned, except for the pregame mention of an injured player, I don't really care one way or another about.

However, seeing a bunch of players celebrating on the sideline, then seeing the cutscene end with those same players jogging around on the field is really, really jarring.

A wishlist item for me that would add great quality drama or realism to a big play and the game overall: "Excitement Meter", "Game Pulse" or something of that nature. Players will react differently to big plays depending on the Pulse of the game, taking into account, where they're playing (home field advantage effects), rank of team playing against, rivalries, current score, current momentum, current time left in game, and the like. Already the crowd has this built in a little bit, now just transfer this to the players, adding of course to team celebrations.

Some ideas for effect:

1: A qb that throws a touchdown does 1 of 3 things on a consistent basis. a) seeks nearest player(s) for quick celebration, excitable or mild (b) points to the sky or fist pump while running to the sidelines and being congratulated on the way by players, coaches (c) runs to the endzone to find his receiver and celebrate. He will never just stand there like in this game (I saw that and all I needed was for my qb to be excited enough to throw 1 fist in the air and run to the sidelines after throwing a perfect strike for 6 in a game we weren't favored in, to all but put away the game).

2: Of course touchdowns and team celebrations go hand in hand. We've talked about this at length.

3: Interceptions happen and usually the player with the pick gets mauled while holding the ball on his way to the sideline, same with fumble. Or he finds his best buddy and does a celebration near the sideline lol. If the defense picks up and scores, the entire defense usually finds their way to the hero for celebration.

4: A kicker that hits a huge field goal late in the game to tie or take the lead should be pumped up about it, and sprint to the sideline and be congratulated on the way. A GW FG should be a storming of the field by the sideline and a burying of the kicker under a pile of celebration.

Opposite of those of course is, if the game is starting to become a blowout everything will be a more mild, but still excitable celebration. This excitement meter should be incorporated in the fans as well, adding to what is already there. Speaking of which it seems you can tell that there is a visiting crowd, with some louder cheers when the visiting team defense asks for them, and also after scores there is a bit of positive noise as well, which I really like feeling. Some of the funnest experiences at games is when the away crowd gets pumped up and they're screaming their puny-section lungs off, just trying to help their team!

Also with the addition of jersey/helmet degradation, added field degradation would go a long ways as the game wears on. Even though most fields now are artificial, slide/scuff/footprints/body marks being shown on a rainy/snowy/cold field would be a very nice touch. I would also like it if moving parts on/off the field, such as pylons, chain gang (if and when added), and sideline yard markers would get displaced and move relative to contact by players/instead of being holographic. In the same way I wish goalposts were not seemingly holographic, and they would effect a player's movement when closing in on it.

They do have footprints on snowy fields, but they disappear over time (understandably).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    They do have footprints on snowy fields, but they disappear over time (understandably).
    Oh yeah I know that, and it looks awesome, but the thing is it's just the footprints. When a body slides, there should be a skid mark. When there's a toe drag, it should leave a drag mark, etc. And like, on the WSU turf (artificial sprintturf/grass) for example, even if it's just cold, skid marks happen all the time. I mean the field is made with billions of those tiny rubber pellets, and when there's a skid and the pellets are moved, you can see it. And of course it's totally different than a grass field where chunks of grass are removed, and it's really not necessary to show anything but the snow/rain marks. I'm just saying an extra boost of additional skid marks, in addition to some moveable objects would be a HUGE little touch to completely immerse you as a player on the field.