Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Gem/Bust should be labeled underrated/overrated instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yep. I will take a 69 OVR 4-star "bust" over a 61 OVR 2-star "Gem" any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yeah, I remember saying that too when it was first discussed but it was too late to change the labels.

I have a 4 star G, after scouting 100% he's lost, i believe 8 points, and has fallen into the 60's OVR. I don't really need him on my team, but am going to keep him on my board and just throw a couple hours at him per week, since i'm #1 on his list of schools.

Am i to believe that his rating has taken all the hit it's going to ever if he winds up on my team, or is the bust part of the equation, he'll never progress, progress slow, or even regress?

Quote Originally Posted by thirtydaZe View Post
    I have a 4 star G, after scouting 100% he's lost, i believe 8 points, and has fallen into the 60's OVR. I don't really need him on my team, but am going to keep him on my board and just throw a couple hours at him per week, since i'm #1 on his list of schools.

Am i to believe that his rating has taken all the hit it's going to ever if he winds up on my team, or is the bust part of the equation, he'll never progress, progress slow, or even regress?
    Pretty much just the OVR drop determines the bust portion. He'll still progress as usual, it's just that he comes onto campus lower rated that initially projected.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The Gem/Busts system is what makes recruiting kinda easy this year. The CPU stays away from high busts, making it easy for a small school to swoop in and grab 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clever, I hadn't thought about taking advantage of that before.

I'm enjoying the new recruiting so far, definitely more time consuming though. I wish they let you choose which attributes you would like to scout, but maybe that would make it to easy. I really messed up my first pre-season as I didn't know how much of the initial scouting time allotment to use - I wasn't sure if it gave you more time each week, or if that original 20 hours (or whatever it was) was it. I left a lot of hours on the table and it took me a good 7 or 8 weeks to catch up and get everyone on my board scouted a decent %.

I'm still not done my first season. I assume the recruiting rankings are based on their original overall/star-rank and not the scouted amount? Might be cool if they did a post-ranking once recruiting season is over based on the corrected values (kind of like when Rivals updates their rankings one last time when the season starts based on commits that actually qualified and made it to campus, etc.).

Yeah that 69 QB bust... he was NEVER offered a scholarship by me or the cpu. throughout the entire season. I have looked for him on other teams but have not found him yet. Maybe he wasn't signed?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The Gem/Busts system is what makes recruiting kinda easy this year. The CPU stays away from high busts, making it easy for a small school to swoop in and grab 'em.
    Haven't proven it quite yet, but I'm definitely operating under the suspicion that the CPU stays away from busts, period.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I appreciate the CPU staying away from the #2 ranked C in the land because he was considered a "bust" with a 75 overall rating.

Yeah... it's a problem. The #2 player in the country, #1 G is a -7 after scouting (coming in at 82 OVR), is only being recruited by two user teams. Wisconsin, his home state team, isn't even giving him the time of day.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Yep. Not surprised.

Unfortunately, that probably means that the players I'm going after right now that the CPU has left untouched are going to all be busts. And they didn't start high enough to afford to be busts
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 07-27-2012 at 06:46 PM.

I don't think the cpu is offering enough scholarships for cpu controlled teams. I was just looking at a number of 5 stars and while most have 10 interested teams, on average there are only 1-2 teams offering scholarships. These FIVE STAR STUDS should have a half a dozen scholarship offers at minimum.

The CPU has always been extremely conservative about its scholarship offers, versus the number of players it keeps on its board. You can see this on your own team if you leave Recruiting Assistance on. I think part of the reason is because of the problem we've had in years past where the CPU will offer scholarships to five QBs and sign them all. That's my guess, anyway.

There must be a limit to how many points can be gained in a given week. It's the only explanation for some of the results I'm seeing.

Example: In Week 5 I gained 514 points on my call, and negative recruited the #2 team for -97. I also brought the recruit in for a visit and received a A+ rating. Going into the week I trailed by 20. After the week, I was up by 40. The other possibility is that going from 0 to +1 takes a lot more than 1 point, which is actually in line with the results I saw in previous games (seems like "0" is the new "-1").

Is anybody else having any success with Swaying pitches this year? I'm 0-fer.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes. I'd say about in line with results from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When I had my "practice dynasty" I had the usual amount of success. These kids are stubborn though and when you do finally sway, I don't think you get enough points for it.

Sways are working for me, on par or at least not much less than previous versions.

There must be a limit to how many points can be gained in a given week. It's the only explanation for some of the results I'm seeing.
    Explain what you mean a different way please.