Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Discussion Thread

A new place for general recruiting talk, discussion, tips, questions, etc.

This year if you're a small program it actually pays to have a large board and spread your time out because the more topics you spend on a recruit the more likely you are to actually start costing yourself points. I'm playing a dynasty with Middle Tennessee right now, and I pretty much just focus on the 2-3 pitches I have that aren't D's. A pitch with a D grade is going to net you minimal points at best.

Just my observation so far.

But a D combined with a Very High or Most can still get you some points that are useful. You're right though that focusing the non-D pitches is a good idea though.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Okay, I did a taboo... with some of the credit I had left on PSN I used my 20% discount to buy "recruiting advisor" for $2.95. I hate buying something I consider should be free (and it should be free!!!) but I have to admit, it's a nice little addition. You get to see some "insider" info on from one to three people per week. It's not over powering and it's not a sure thing but it is a nice touch. Has anyone else purchased it?

I find that Prospect's Choice is good for small schools as well since it nets you bonus points that help offset the lower value of the D pitches. It definitely seems easier to sign a bunch of recruits in-season when you can choose the pitches this year. I recently signed around 20 recruits during the in-season recruiting (and could have gotten more if more were interested in my program).

I also love scouting. Several times now I've dropped a 3* to recruit a 2* as his stats were better, while the 3* was a best. The problem I'm having now is that I'm trying not to convince myself that the computer is "out against me" on a recruit when all my A/B/and most C pitches for me are "Low", "Very Low", or "Least" with the recruit. It's like the computer is saying "nope, no matter how hard you try, you are NOT getting this recruit." LOL, but I know that's not the case .

I usually start the reason with around 25 prospects on board, but due to scouting and "poor pitch matches", will get it down to 9-12 core recruits I'm going after by Week 2 or Week 3.

Note: I'm doing a dynasty with UTSA and have them up to a B-/B roster and a five-star prestige program .

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Okay, I did a taboo... with some of the credit I had left on PSN I used my 20% discount to buy "recruiting advisor" for $2.95. I hate buying something I consider should be free (and it should be free!!!) but I have to admit, it's a nice little addition. You get to see some "insider" info on from one to three people per week. It's not over powering and it's not a sure thing but it is a nice touch. Has anyone else purchased it?
    I'm trying to explicitly stay away from the accelerators this year (like Max Training or Extra Pipeline Stsate as well). Even when I had Recruiting Advisor last year, I never found it all that useful. Since I keep my board focused (around 9-12 recruits focusing at a time), I don't get any value from it. I'm going to find out everything the recruiting advisor was going to tell me. The "interested recruits" one I find especially useless as last year it always showed me some 4 or 5 star guy where I was practically in last place in interest and the top schools were so far ahead there was no hope of signing him even if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I bought it too. I had it the last 2 years as a pre-order bonus from Wal-Mart. It's the only "helper" DLC I can justify to myself. It's most helpful in unlocking pitches and finding recruits. I've signed more then a few extra players that I had no idea was interested due to it so I'm probably on the hook for it from here until eternity.

Are these addons only good for the dynasty you purchase them in? Can't find the info anywhere, but I would hope they would still be there if I wanted to start a new dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by GRolfes View Post
    Are these addons only good for the dynasty you purchase them in? Can't find the info anywhere, but I would hope they would still be there if I wanted to start a new dynasty.
    They effect all dynasties once purchased.

Looks to me like the "bonuses" (X2 at least) still exist, but there's no visual cue that you've received one. During one of the calls I noticed I was getting a "Recruiting Advisor" bonus that was equal to the amount I was otherwise adding up ... clearly that's the X2 bonus. But there's no tell-tale X2 icon that shows any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Looks to me like the "bonuses" (X2 at least) still exist, but there's no visual cue that you've received one. During one of the calls I noticed I was getting a "Recruiting Advisor" bonus that was equal to the amount I was otherwise adding up ... clearly that's the X2 bonus. But there's no tell-tale X2 icon that shows any more.
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but my guess is that this is on purpose. I'm thinking that doing so (making it more "hidden") increases the value of buying that particular accelerator in the first place. Last year, it didn't seem all that great to me (then again, I make all the calls myself every week).

Quote Originally Posted by jolson88 View Post
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but my guess is that this is on purpose. I'm thinking that doing so (making it more "hidden") increases the value of buying that particular accelerator in the first place. Last year, it didn't seem all that great to me (then again, I make all the calls myself every week).
    makes sense to me. you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by jolson88 View Post
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but my guess is that this is on purpose.
    Oh, I absolutely think it's on purpose. I posted it here so people would be aware that it has seemed to disappear. I don't think it's a bug/glitch at all

With the recruit advisor I see the X2 to the right of the player BEFORE I speak with him. I don't know if you only see it with recruit advisor or not though. Either way, it is very small and well hidden.

I'll keep an eye out, Jaymo. I didn't think to look until I noticed the bonus, so maybe that's the key.

Pretty sure that the visual cues are totally gone, unless you have the Accelerator. If this year's system kept all of the bonuses (and the system of giving you one per week) from last year's game, I should have had a "Pink Diamond" this week, but could not find any Pink Diamond recruit in the list. I would imagine that he was there, I just couldn't see. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Recruiting is way too easy for top programs. Even on Heisman difficulty. I try to be realistic as possible and not over sign the amount of seniors and potential early entry juniors i have on my roster.

I wanted to go through a dynasty not having to cut scholarship players. The scouting really helps with this because you basically know what you're getting before you offer a schollie. Just something i follow to make it more challenging for top level programs.

I am really struggling with the GEM/BUST concept. I am recruiting a 4 star who was rated at 78 but after scouting he is considered a BUST as he fell to 69. However, I am also scouting a gem at the same position who is a two star but now rated as a 61. Even though the higher ranked guy is considered a bust he is still higher than the two star and I suspect will progress more over four years. Now if the 4 star drops in rating during his career that's a different story but in dynasty mode players only progress, not regress.

The GEM/BUST is relative to their original estimated rating. I don't believe it's anything more than that. So the fact that a is anywhere close to does fit the concept. It's not designed to say that a GEM is always worth more than a BUST.

The Gem/Busts system is what makes recruiting kinda easy this year. The CPU stays away from high busts, making it easy for a small school to swoop in and grab 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk