Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA13: BigWY's Roster File (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display
    how many players were auto named in this roster? For example, SDSU, #19 is WR Brice Butler. This roster has a guy named Chris Forni in that spot. There isn't even a player at any position on the San Diego State team by that name.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...12RosterFB.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
    how many players were auto named in this roster? For example, SDSU, #19 is WR Brice Butler. This roster has a guy named Chris Forni in that spot. There isn't even a player at any position on the San Diego State team by that name.

do a full set yourself and see how perfect you are when done...?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    do a full set yourself and see how perfect you are when done...?
    I have since 2005 on the PS2. I just think if rosters are named, they shouldn't include "fake" names. Of course there will be mistakes with dismissals, transfers, etc. Just wanted to know if the auto fill option was used in naming the rosters for the lower teams
    Last edited by GoAztecs; 07-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Judging by your name I'm guessing you're an Aztec fan...Forni was on the team last year, Juco transfer who made the move from QB to WR. he didn't just make him up.

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...i_chris00.html

Quote Originally Posted by KJ11 View Post
    Judging by your name I'm guessing you're an Aztec fan...Forni was on the team last year, Juco transfer who made the move from QB to WR. he didn't just make him up.

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...i_chris00.html
    okay, so the name was taken from the 2011 roster by the number this guy had. Thanks
    Last edited by GoAztecs; 07-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    HB #24 for Arkansas should be Jonathan Williams.

You guys currently have him listed as Donovan Roberts which is incorrect.

Otherwise the Arkansas roster looks great. Thanks for doing this!
    Thanks - I think we split the gap between two recruits from the Rivals listing, but the state should have tipped us off. Thanks for letting us know!

okay, so the name was taken from the 2011 roster by the number this guy had. Thanks
    Sometimes the best roster to use when naming is from the previous year. Occasionally a player will match from 2011 and the game, even though it is a different guy in 12. Trust me - my cousin and I don't put in any fake names - we name them for what we feel is the best match available and every name is a real guy. Sometimes there may be mistakes, so please post in here and let us know. We'll get it fixed as we want them named more accurately than anyone else.

We've edited the file and PMd mods so they can upload the new file to their site PSN acct.

I think G and I just uploaded the new one at the same time in the TGT PSN account. He texted me as I finished uploading it.

Thanks for the update, BigWY. The updated file is now in the EA Locker: gamingtailgate

BigWY, you need to get your cousin on this site too!

Thanks again to both of you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    BigWY, you need to get your cousin on this site too!

Thanks again to both of you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Who SmallWY?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWY View Post
    Thanks - I think we split the gap between two recruits from the Rivals listing, but the state should have tipped us off. Thanks for letting us know!

Sometimes the best roster to use when naming is from the previous year. Occasionally a player will match from 2011 and the game, even though it is a different guy in 12. Trust me - my cousin and I don't put in any fake names - we name them for what we feel is the best match available and every name is a real guy. Sometimes there may be mistakes, so please post in here and let us know. We'll get it fixed as we want them named more accurately than anyone else.

We've edited the file and PMd mods so they can upload the new file to their site PSN acct.
    Some of the morons who complain just do not understand the time it takes to do this. I did rosters for years over at OS under "Gator & Block-O's PS3 rosters". It's impossible to make people understand that the best way to start is to just name every team in the game exactly the way they are. Meaning that if a player is on a roster that is no longer on the team, still name him who he really is. And go back and edit or remove him later. For example, go ahead a name UGA HB Isaiah Crowell and then go back and remove him later. Name each player who they are really supposed to be first. Its quicker, easier, and creates the least mistakes.

Your rosters are much more accurate spelling-wise than the OS community ones.

I was going to ask if you made any edits or updates to this file. If not, I'd like to take them and make an update version that includes:
    -New ratings/depth chart movements
    -Re-rate all True Freshman to match game-generated incoming freshmen
    -Remove players no longer on teams
    -Add players
    -Fix any spelling errors, if there are any. Havent seen any so far.
    -Fix heights, weights, numbers, skin tones.

I'd like to make a project of it using your rosters, if you aren't already doing it. If you are, I can wait.

Crowell is in the Heisman race in one of my Heisman Challenges

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Crowell is in the Heisman race in one of my Heisman Challenges

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Alabama State is in the game???

Still wondering if anyone is making updates off of this roster set. If not, I'd like to do it. The guys over at OS are updating theirs, but they have so many names spelt wrong per team, that the roster isn't worth using. I saw a post where a UF fan corrected like 10-12 spellings on UF. I went and looked at the rosters myself to confirm the errors and there are several per team.

As a roster maker with Block-O for years myself, I know the time and work that goes into this. But the name of the game is "Naming Rosters" is 20-30% of the names are incorrect, then you are really doing a service here.

Knock yourself out, my friend. Good luck!

is that fairdale guy rosters out yet ? is he doing the Penn State transfer name changes ?

i think the tuners or update or what ever screwed them up somehow? I tried to reload them and cant see any names in a offline play now game.

I'm still using them with no problem, Ram.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm still using them with no problem, Ram.
    thats wonderful, it still happened.

sometimes going online into a game seems to jar things. Ive had my settings reset to varsity and this as well.

I deleted and reloaded rosters again anyway.