Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TGT PS3 OD - NCAA 13 Slider Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Lol whose set of sliders (default, steelerfan's, etc)..

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Lol whose set of sliders (default, steelerfan's, etc)..
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Right now it is on Heisman with Deuce's recommended CPU running game boost.

Let me know any and all feedback.

BTW - Do any of you watch plays when your coordinator is not calling plays? If so, be forewarned the Game-Planning: Zone Coverage bug is back. The CPU will switch your setting to Aggressive, leading you to get burned deep (and I think it makes the CPU DBs play the same way).

BTW, my suggestion of bumping up CPU RB ability and blocking was based on AA. Since we've already started we may need to wait until the end of the season to address it or we can leave it. I haven't played a game yet but if we feel the CPU running is overpowered maybe we can make a change. I'm open to whatever.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    So do both users end up with the user settings?

I don't think we have any changes in user sliders so it shouldn't affect us. From what Chris said its only CPU abililty and blocking....but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't think we have any changes in user sliders so it shouldn't affect us. From what Chris said its only CPU abililty and blocking....but I could be mistaken.
    That is correct.

IMHO too many INTs (but that is just about the CPU's only defense that and sacks)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    IMHO too many INTs (but that is just about the CPU's only defense that and sacks)
    Yea, these are my two concerns as well. You pretty much can't throw the ball down the field more than 15 yards because both of these happen. You have to use short passing and running to be successful. I don't mind adapting, but taking a part of the game away that exists in real life (the down the field game) isn't very realistic.

I've found that with INTs tuned down to 35 or 30 in Heisman, the superhuman catches made by defenders don't happen. They will still pick it if they can, but they won't jump out the stadium to do it unless they are a stud. It does occasional cause a ball thrown right to a defender to drop it when there is no reason for it to be dropped, but that is few and far between, and really only seen on poor rated players.

As far as the sacks, I've found that if I can properly read the blitz and find the right hot route, I can avoid them. Also, the more I switch my TE and RB to stay and block the blitz, the less I have been getting sacked. I feel like it is something that can be figured out without slider tweaks, but a slight drop to the pass rush could also help and make all the at the line changes unnecessary.

My 2 cents... take it for what its worth.

Just ran a little experiment with the sliders. I turned CPU INTs to 45 and pass rush to 45 and got very nice results. Played 2 games. Threw 2 ints in both but I deserved them. But I felt I had a split second longer to throw the ball which helped my receivers get open just a bit more, allowing me to throw into coverage less often.

Can we just set this up where it is easier for me and my guys and harder on all of you?

These sliders FUCKING BLOW! With this set you can destroy the CPU if you are willing to just dink and dunk and run compression sets. However try to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield and its an INT. God forbid you try to setup a deep play and have to scramble away from the pressure b/c its an automatic sack and/or fumble.

If we are going to go to this set of sliders the entire year I may just bail b/c I'm not going to run the same 5 plays over and over again just to destroy the SHITTY AI logic in this game.

/rant

If you (or anyone else) has some suggestions for changes to the sliders, post them here. Worst case scenario, we try them for a week and go back.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    If you (or anyone else) has some suggestions for changes to the sliders, post them here. Worst case scenario, we try them for a week and go back.
    Steelerfan has a pretty good set here. I took his and modified them slightly taking his and comparing it with some of the more "popular" sets over at OS and sort of averaging them out (weighing steelers heavier generally). These sliders are pretty fair (I think I'm roughly .500 using them in my offline dynasty - with most of my Ws coming against the FCS opponents)

I use these sliders in my OD and people like them and we get good even results and gameplay.
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
    But I changed them to 7 min quarters and Normal game speed.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Steelerfan has a pretty good set here. I took his and modified them slightly taking his and comparing it with some of the more "popular" sets over at OS and sort of averaging them out (weighing steelers heavier generally). These sliders are pretty fair (I think I'm roughly .500 using them in my offline dynasty - with most of my Ws coming against the FCS opponents)
    I'm using Steelerfan's sliders for my offline dynasty. I'm getting good results for the running game, but I've found that the CPU is passing on me at will-- even mediocre teams are getting 300-350 passing yards per game, even though I have a pretty solid pass defense going by the ratings. Tyler Bray of Tennessee was 23-25 for about 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie98 View Post
    I'm using Steelerfan's sliders for my offline dynasty. I'm getting good results for the running game, but I've found that the CPU is passing on me at will-- even mediocre teams are getting 300-350 passing yards per game, even though I have a pretty solid pass defense going by the ratings. Tyler Bray of Tennessee was 23-25 for about 400 yards.
    Yeah I am just an OC right now so haven't played with the D much with his/my set. OS just posted an article listing their "best" sliders for both AA and Heisman.

So do we have any plans on changing these for year 2? I tried the set Escobar linked and it worked really well. Definitely need normal game speed tho. 4 games into a new dynasty I have realistic stats and a 3-1 record. I beat teams I should beat and lost by 10 to a better team.

Thoughts...

I would be up for trying anything. The normal sliders just aren't cutting it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    So do we have any plans on changing these for year 2? I tried the set Escobar linked and it worked really well. Definitely need normal game speed tho. 4 games into a new dynasty I have realistic stats and a 3-1 record. I beat teams I should beat and lost by 10 to a better team.

Thoughts...

I would be up for trying anything. The normal sliders just aren't cutting it for me.
    I'd be up for these, or anything. Oneback seems to have a good set working in powerhouse that u could bounce off him what his are too Chris.