Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Gameplay - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

Gameplay

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 14.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Better blocking logic

OMG I am so sick of trying to switch defenders to the closest guy and getting the safety, only to take him out of the play. Change the switching logic to closest defender PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Can some offenses chill with the no-huddle?! Like seriously! Every team runs the no huddle and I hate playing defense!

line play is one area of the game that NEEDS to have some serious work to it. football games are won and lost in the trenches, so when are we finally gonna see that happen? we need to see partial wins happening on a regular basis. the way that it's set up right now simulates an all or nothing scenario. adding partial wins, gets one player into a better position to make a full win on his counterpart.

another thing that could really impact line play, would be to see 1vs1 and 2vs1 engagements having movement within them. on a run play, if a 300 lb tackle takes on a 170 lb safety (playing d-end), the tackle is going to push the corner downfield about 30 yards. its just like that one scene from the blindside, where michael pushes the one kid off of the field and over the fence. how many times have we seen a monster d-tackle be a force to be reckoned with, as he's constantly getting pressure into the backfield?

how bout a slider to determine the pace at which you come to the line on offense? this could be something that could be set on the fly and be available from the playcall screen?

setting it at 100, would mimic an oregon like pace (30 second offense ) and would automatically put your player in a dead sprint back to the line as soon as the play ends (think of getting set, in position, at around the 35 second mark on the play clock). there wouldnt be a need to press :360Y:/ps3 equivelant as your players would do it automatically. obviously, the higher the slider is set at, the greater impact on stamina it has (90+ would have an extreme impact on stamina for most players)

setting it at 75 would have your team run an automatic no-huddle offense, however, there's no real hurry to get to the line (22-25 seconds remaining on the play clock?). still enough time to audible to a new play, but still has a slightly increased effect on your team's stamina.

at 50, would be the speed that its at now. your team huddles, and comes to the line at around 15-18 second mark.

at 25, it'd be equivelant to the chew clock pace, breaking the huddle with 12 seconds left and coming to the line at around 6-8 seconds.

at 0, your players stand around, and dont get set into position til about 2-3 seconds left on the play clock. would primarily be used in late game situations

MVP, wouldn't that just be a modification to the existing Chew Clock setting in Adjustments? I realize you've got more choices there than just Aggressive/Balanced/Conservative, but ... yeah.

I agree that it would be nice to have a No-Huddle setting that doesn't require holding
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    MVP, wouldn't that just be a modification to the existing Chew Clock setting in Adjustments? I realize you've got more choices there than just Aggressive/Balanced/Conservative, but ... yeah.

I agree that it would be nice to have a No-Huddle setting that doesn't require holding
    basically ya. it'd give you 5 distinct options instead of 3. it'd make the no huddle aspect automatic when its set above 70, however, the different "pace settings" would modify the speeds at which the players get to the line.

So 75 becomes no-huddle (going by the original proposition) but 74 is a really fast normal with 74 being slightly faster then 73?

What about super conservative, conservative, normal, aggressive, super aggressive? Same thing but without numbers.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-18-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    So 75 becomes no-huddle (going by the original proposition) but 74 is a really fast normal with 74 being slightly faster then 73?

What about super conservative, conservative, normal, aggressive, super aggressive? Same thing but without numbers.
    in this case, going by incriments of 5 would be good enough. but super conservative, and super aggressive would work just as well. its just 2 more tempos they could add

I wish the no huddle, especially for the CPU offense and user on defense was really looked at. I can't stand when a team that runs the no huddle comes out in 5 wide and then goes no huddle to run a Big set and have WRs at positions they would really not play at. Most teams that run a true no huddle actually do make substitutions on the fly.

Also with that, when a defense is playing a true no huddle team they also make some substitutions. It would be nice to be able to make the no huddle more realistic.

This is something simple but it's about the details right?

At the end of every game NCAA or NFL the coaches removed their headset prior to walking to midfield to shake hands. It would be cool if in the shot at the end of the game of the coaches shaking hands, it would be nice if they didn't have headsets on.

During games in NHL 13 while playing another user you get the occasional replay of certain plays. They can be skipped by both users pressing a button but it would be nice if NCAA would do this as well. I like seeing some big plays once in awhile.

I know that challenges are hard to implement but it would be very very nice in OD games and leagues that this would be an option that could be turned on. There are times where fumbles should be reviewed, catches should be reviewed ect..... But since it's online it doesn't happen. I wouldn't care f it was all generated by the CPU since these days it's all handled mostly through upstairs anyways. It would be nice to have the one challenge also, but I'd settle with it just being in there.

i was watching the high school showcase the other night with don bosco prep vs st thomas aquinas, and although i didnt watch the whole thing, i saw the two blocked punts that bosco forced in the first quarter. the first one happened due to a high snap and the second occured on an under-thrown/under-powered snap.

what would it take to get the perfectly done shotgun and special teams snaps to be based on snap power and accuracy ratings? this would add another dimension to recruiting for the o-line/special teams and position changes. and if a bad snap did occur, it'd help the pass rush somewhat, along with the greater possibility of blocking punts/ep's than what is currently in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i was watching the high school showcase the other night with don bosco prep vs st thomas aquinas, and although i didnt watch the whole thing, i saw the two blocked punts that bosco forced in the first quarter. the first one happened due to a high snap and the second occured on an under-thrown/under-powered snap.

what would it take to get the perfectly done shotgun and special teams snaps to be based on snap power and accuracy ratings? this would add another dimension to recruiting for the o-line/special teams and position changes. and if a bad snap did occur, it'd help the pass rush somewhat, along with the greater possibility of blocking punts/ep's than what is currently in the game.
    That would be a great addition. I also think kick trajectory is a large part of why FGs get tipped, deflected, or blocked. The kick "arrow" on the game should go lower (to the top of the OL's heads), and the incentive needs to be a lot more power/distance on the kick, but there's the risk of blocks. I'm thinking the trajectory arrow should be related to the kicker's KPW rating (which it probably already is). With the arrow all the way down for the lowest kick trajectory is that kicker's maximum KPW, but the default arrow is only 75% of his KPW. Say you have a 99 KPW. His distance with the trajectory all the way down is 66 yards (no wind). With the arrow at the default position (75% of 99 KPW), his max distance is 49 yards. Anyway, 99 KPW's would be rare, so you'd have a lot of kickers lowering their trajectory a little to get enough power.

Another thing, not snap or special teams related, but the read/draw, read/dive exchanges; there should be bad exchanges. It could simply be timing based. If you try to hand-off too late, the RB/FB will not be looking for the ball as they advance up field, therefore a fumble occurs...or somesuch.

cpu clock management nearing the end of a half/end of game could use some better logic to it. i had a 48-37 lead over texas tech in this site's 360 od (i'm the OC of arizona state). i had the ball in the final 2 minutes in texas tech's redzone. 4th down comes along (with a running clock) and had the play clock entirely run out, there would have been only 1 second left on the clock. HOWEVER, for some reason, the cpu decided to kick a field goal with 26 seconds remaining in the game (25 on play clock).

this allowed the cpu controlled texas texas tech to run 2 plays, the final of which, went for a 60 something yard touchdown pass...ending the game at 51-44.

everyone's been complaining about piss poor blocking by fullbacks, linemen, and tight ends; well it applies to runningbacks as well. here's a pic taken from my rtg player (i'm the qb)

my rb had a choice between which one of the two free rushers to block. anyone think he actually chose to block one? nope.

there either need to be more slide protect options or they need to be changed in how they work. slide protect left and right dont work all that well, in that if you do SP one direction, you're often faced with a free rusher coming from the opposite side that you SP to. imo, what would work better would be some kind of spotlighting feature in which you could highlight individual defensive players (or maybe just non d-linemen?) who are blitzing. it would automatically clue your blockers in to who and where the blitz is coming from, much better than the current SP mechanic. as for SP aggressive and pinch, i havent noticed a real advantage in using them .

thinking about this further....obviously, correctly pinpointing out to your o-line + any other blockers who is blitzing will put them in a better blocking position from the start. this could also be a way of raising/lowering a qb's awareness over the coarse of the season and composure in game. the benefit is self explanatory: better blocking and possible ratings boost.

the downside would be when it comes to incorrectly identifying blitzers. it would pull linemen out of position and you'd risk having a missed rusher come at you. this would also cause your qb to get rattled easier (depending on his current awareness), which would, in turn, also affect how accurate his throws are, leading to more inaccurate passes.

the defensive counter to having blitzers identified would be show blitz. they could possibly add in another look or two or even going with a show position group blitz (safety blitz or lb blitz). showing blitz slightly pulls players out of position and so you wouldnt have total coverage over everyone, yet it'd be a way at possibly confusing opponents.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 09-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Personally, I wish that the underdog effect (or Mo as we call it) was a slider. Hopefully to tone down the upsets as well, but mostly for those of us who like to play D/D- teams and turn them into quality organizations. Anyone who has used a D team in dynasty mode against an AI opponent who is an A-rated team, but with a losing record probably knows what I mean. You might as well be playing against a team full of jedi from Star Wars (play recognition, warping defenisve players, rubber banding and suction blocking go from bad to unbelievably so).

A couple of roster management, and playcalling changes that I think would improve gameplay:

1. Customizable formation audibles
      As a spread-to-run team, I want to be able to set my constraint plays (bubble screens etc.) as quick audibles in each formation. A triple-option team probably doesn't care to have a deep and short pass audible. A Mike Leach style air-raid coach might not want a run and a play-action audible.
    2. Team or formation specific depth charts
      Let triple-option teams set A and B backs. Let spread teams set outside and slot receiver positions. On defense let us set nose tackle and 3-technique tackles separately.
    3. Allow defenses to set their positions as strongside/weakside instead of left/right.
      In many defenses, the strongside and weakside DEs and OLBs have very different responsibilities and require players with different skill sets.