Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 14.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Secondary commentary team for regional games.

Still not enough crowd noise on the biggest plays! Touchdowns need to have another level of noise that isn't present. Also turnovers and all big plays late in close ballgames need to be high volume.

I know we were given a direction in which the Dev team is heading towards but I would still like to see the crowd noise a little more pumped up for the bigger plays of the game or for a whole game of a big game that is still a close game. Right now I have crowd noise maxed out and it's just not what it should be imo. It can be better and I hope that EA continues to try and improve on this heading forward

For all the attention that the audio got in the blogs and pre-release discussions this year, I've been very disappointed in the crowd volume. And it doesn't help when Nesslar says "the crowd is going crazy!" and I can't hear them at all.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

E and I had a game 2 nights ago in SBCOL. The final ended at 14-10. I was Middle Tennessee State (home) and he was UTSA. While the stands were quite empty (as expected) there should be differing level of crowd noise. What we heard for that game was probably OK in my eyes but and a big but is we played as USC vs Oregon (just as close, one possession type game) and the crowd noise was EXACTLY the same.

Never really getting into the moment except for a brief period like a 3rd down but just as soon as the ball is snapped BOOM the crowd goes silent again. It really should be a continuance of the noise from that 3rd and 1 right thru say the punt. That stadium should be rocking for such a situation. Instead it's loud pre-snap (slight overstatement) for a 3rd and 1 and then really quite once the ball is snapped. Then really nothing as far as noise while selecting a play. Then after selecting the play for 4th and 1 the crowd maybe goes up ever so slightly.

This crowd noise I think could be better and maybe a little crisper given some of the sounds we hear from other games. Heck in BF3 you can hear a bullet that is super close to you.

I want the crowd to get into the game like they do in real life. I want to hear them going nuts on big stops, getting pumped for big downs or big plays. I don't want to hear the noise go away while selecting plays though. The noise should still be funneling in non-stop during big games.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I want the crowd to get into the game like they do in real life. I want to hear them going nuts on big stops, getting pumped for big downs or big plays. I don't want to hear the noise go away while selecting plays though. The noise should still be funneling in non-stop during big games.
    ^This^ It's all I've wanted for at least the last 8 years. If they could get the level and timing of noise, shaking of the screen/controller, etc. all in synch and when it makes sense, I'd never complain about anything again . It's gotten better, but doesn't seem like it would take much to get them over the top on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohusker View Post
    ^This^ It's all I've wanted for at least the last 8 years. If they could get the level and timing of noise, shaking of the screen/controller, etc. all in synch and when it makes sense, I'd never complain about anything again . It's gotten better, but doesn't seem like it would take much to get them over the top on this.
    It all just needs that little bit of extra attention but I really think it could be pulled off easily and without adding much overhead to the costs already. Though the impact of doing it correctly would be HUGE, from casual game, to weekend warriors, to SIM everyone would enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    It all just needs that little bit of extra attention but I really think it could be pulled off easily and without adding much overhead to the costs already. Though the impact of doing it correctly would be HUGE, from casual game, to weekend warriors, to SIM everyone would enjoy it.
    I personally loved the 06 system with the shaikng screen. Was it realistic? Not really? Was it overpowered? Yeah probably. However, I'm still talking about it today because it made the big games so much more fun to play. I will always remember taking Michigan St to Ohio St for the first time and just getting destroyed. What a game... I couldn't hear myself the crowd was so loud.

watching the vs stanford game right now, and gus johnson adds way more to the telecast than what herbie and nessler have.

on the first offensive play for USC, barkley hit marqise lee over the middle on a dig route, lee kinda cut back in order to continue running towards the sideline and got a huge block from one of our tight ends. right after that happened, johnson goes, "BAM! lee gets a huge block from randell telfer before he gets run out of bounds!"

i know they're slowly working towards an on-the-fly commentary system, but herbie's and nessler's emotion do not compare to gus's....and that's part of the problem that commentary has been in recent years, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    watching the vs stanford game right now, and gus johnson adds way more to the telecast than what herbie and nessler have.

on the first offensive play for USC, barkley hit marqise lee over the middle on a dig route, lee kinda cut back in order to continue running towards the sideline and got a huge block from one of our tight ends. right after that happened, johnson goes, "BAM! lee gets a huge block from randell telfer before he gets run out of bounds!"

i know they're slowly working towards an on-the-fly commentary system, but herbie's and nessler's emotion do not compare to gus's....and that's part of the problem that commentary has been in recent years, imo.
    With the development of conference networks, it would be neat to eventually get different broadcast teams for a particular game each week.

after going to the vs game last night at Century Link Stadium, home of the seattle seahawks, i can honestly say that the 12th man factor really gives a home field advantage. there was a decibal reader going on, on 3rd downs for USC and at one point, it hit 119 decibals.

there were also multiple false starts by the USC o-line because due to it being so loud. this home field advantage needs to make a return into the game. louder stadiums really need their audio cranked up, as playing at LSU feels pretty close to playing at eastern michigan, imo. i'd rather have this effect over done, as it'd really separate the loud stadiums from the quiet ones. if there was a way that they could set different audio levels for different stadiums, it'd help not every game feel the same, imo.

Yeah, but Brad and Kirk's emotions in-game don't compare to real-life either. If you listen to Madden the last two years, Gus, the video game version, was a shell of himself. Gus's real-life play-by-play relies on the emotion of the moment. You can't replicate that in a game system without an overly complicated audio system with the most extensive library ever.

after going to the vs game last night at Century Link Stadium, home of the seattle seahawks, i can honestly say that the 12th man factor really gives a home field advantage.
    In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.
    its not, or shouldnt be that hard to fix, though. playing at lsu, the default crowd level should be like 5 or 6X the volume level of what playing at eastern michigan should be. the crowd, in itself, sounds fine. its just the volume level of it needs to be WAY, WAY louder for some stadiums.

Agreed. The other big difference between loud crowds and other stadiums is that there's a constant dull-roar, even when the game isn't on the line. At least there is for big games. The crowd in NCAA ebbs too much between plays.

*Offensive and Defensive Player Introductions as they come on the field and between plays (Based on playbook type i.e. 4 WR, 1 HB intro for Spread, 1 HB, 1 FB, 1 TE, 2 WR for Pro Style) (ABC)
    *In depth intro of impact players (Maybe read off some of their stats, yr and what they did last game)
    *PLEASE Fix the Sidelines
    Last edited by blkkrptnt819; 10-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.

i've brought this up the past couple of years, but another easy way to increase the game atmosphere is to provide more instant replays from more and different kinds of angles. we're used to the same 4 or 5 views by now, so its time to add more. it doesnt have to a whole lot, but a couple more replay angles would really help out.

these guys are in the same spot, in EVERY stadium. why arent they being used? set up some static cameras at those points around the endzone, and they'd give quite a boost to the feel, at least when you get in the redzone.

i've brought this up the past couple of years, but another easy way to increase the game atmosphere is to provide more instant replays from more and different kinds of angles.
    As well, if they're going to add more angles, I'd like to see more realistic angles. There are too many angles used in NCAA replays that a real-life camera could never do. I'm generally okay with that for the highlights (like the one that spins around the RB as he runs, that's kinda cool), but there are a set of angles that every TV broadcast has guys set up at. And, normally, they're not directly lined up with the line of scrimmage (or where the ball is between the hashes). I'd like to see some of those "real" static angles come in.

Can we actually have the TV broadcast camera on the RIGHT side of the field? Sheesh!

absolute must have......is the ability to swivel the coach cam left or right, presnap.