Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate's NCAA Football 13 Retail Release Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    For more bad zone play, be sure to watch the final two minutes of the Navy vs Georgia Tech CPU vs CPU game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Psi...ilpage#t=2068s

For the impatient, you can watch the abridged version where I go into the highlights and show the three worst cases, all taking place in the final two minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Psi...ilpage#t=2771s

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Read and react (like pop warner) if its in the game.....

Can you "Game Changers" comment on the quality assurance process? I mean seriously the videos you are showing it should take ea 5 minutes to realize the defenders don't react appropriately.

I can only assume that this (DBs reacting to QBs instead of receivers) is what was EA's intent as football sim this year?

heres a link to a thread started at OS about the review from TGT

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043838838

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Remember when NCAA 12 came out and zone was super over-powered?
    No, actually. That happened?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Can you "Game Changers" comment on the quality assurance process? I mean seriously the videos you are showing it should take ea 5 minutes to realize the defenders don't react appropriately.
    G and Chris might know more than I do, which isn't much. I know, from information I learned separate from the EA events last year, that QA is mostly run out of another facility, not in-house at Tiburon. There are some QA guys in house, but not all of them. I think it's done that way to get Testers available to test more than just NCAA or Madden, but that's a guess on my part.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 07-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

We don't have interaction with their QA group.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    No, actually. That happened?
    You don't remember? People were throwing picks left and right because defenders could cover ground like Willie Mays and there was no reason to ever play man with zone being overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    We don't have interaction with their QA group.
    It just seems odd that it takes "the community" a day or two tops to find all kinds of issues I would think "should" be caught by QA. Again I don't know ANYTHING about the process but it seems to me like either: (1) the process isn't up to snuff and/or (2) QA catches stuff but EA releases the game as is and assumes it is ok to just "patch it"

Are we talking about the QA house here in Baton Rouge near LSU?

It just seems odd that it takes "the community" a day or two tops to find all kinds of issues I would think "should" be caught by QA. Again I don't know ANYTHING about the process but it seems to me like either: (1) the process isn't up to snuff and/or (2) QA catches stuff but EA releases the game as is and assumes it is ok to just "patch it"
    I'm sure it's option B. I can't see how they can't know the problems that are there. They probably just can't find a way to fix them in time.

Well, if it's issue one, they are more than welcome to stop by here, drop some of us a line and ask us to be QA testers for NCAA for them. Many of us will be glad to help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, if it's issue one, they are more than welcome to stop by here, drop some of us a line and ask us to be QA testers for NCAA for them. Many of us will be glad to help them out.
    Yeah allot of people would do it for free and abide by any NDA they want to sign.

Don't. Play. Zone. Goodness lmao. We need a patch quick.

Steelerfan going to come through for me though with some kick ass sliders that make playing the CPU fun/difficult
    Sounds like I'll have my work cut out for me. Reading this almost made me stop my download. Sigh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

How is the 4-man 3-man pass rush? If you have all day to throw this is going to make 10's wide open game play look like a nil nil soccer match.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Sounds like I'll have my work cut out for me. Reading this almost made me stop my download. Sigh.

My guess is bump up the CPU pass D way up and up the pass rush as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Well I'm glad you didn't. I'm looking forward to and waiting for your first couple sets of sliders to come out in the future before I get my dynasty started up and running again.

How is the 4-man 3-man pass rush? If you have all day to throw this is going to make 10's wide open game play look like a nil nil soccer match.
    Well, it's only one play, but I just sat there for 7 seconds against a 4-man rush, none of them getting even close to me until the last second or two, when my controller started to rumble. I threw the ball then, but realistically, I probably could have continued to sit there for another 2 or 3 seconds.

Anyone check out to see if the sim clock is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, it's only one play, but I just sat there for 7 seconds against a 4-man rush, none of them getting even close to me until the last second or two, when my controller started to rumble. I threw the ball then, but realistically, I probably could have continued to sit there for another 2 or 3 seconds.
    Yeah it was BAD in the demo but was hoping it was just the Varsity difficulty level. Shouldn't have held my breath.