Thread: Any Changes/Improvements to Coach Mode?

• Facebook
  • Display

Any Changes/Improvements to Coach Mode?

I've yet to see any impressions on gameplay in NCAA 13 from someone who plays coach mode. If there is a fellow coach player who already has the game I'd really appreciate your impressions.

Has anything changed in the area of gameplay on the field compared to NCAA 12?
    Are there any coffin corner punts?
    Does the human controlled punt returner EVER call for a fair catch?
    Are there any improvements to option and spread option offenses or is it just as bad as last year as far as players not following blocking assignments and a vast majority of plays just not worth calling?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Balls View Post
    I've yet to see any impressions on gameplay in NCAA 13 from someone who plays coach mode. If there is a fellow coach player who already has the game I'd really appreciate your impressions.

Has anything changed in the area of gameplay on the field compared to NCAA 12?
    Are there any coffin corner punts?
    Does the human controlled punt returner EVER call for a fair catch?
    Are there any improvements to option and spread option offenses or is it just as bad as last year as far as players not following blocking assignments and a vast majority of plays just not worth calling?

Thanks in advance.
    I have played 3 full games (play now-coach, default AA). I have not seen any fair catches, but I have seen 2 coffin corner punts and one high trajectory punt that died on the 2 yard line. Would not have happened in 12. I'm also seeing scrambling qb's running a lot more often and more effectively.

On the negative side, I did still see several punts far into the end zone, far too many CPU screen calls, lousy zone coverage, and no dirty white jerseys.

Freshman
    No changes to Coach Mode at all. Every once in a while you see a coffin punt, but majority of them go out the back of the end zone. Option offense is down right terrible, even worse then last year. It is more to the point defenders shed their block on option plays way too easily and linebackers seem to get an insane speed burst on option plays as well. Majority of the time the play get blown up in the back field.

I would just avoid using or playing against option teams, they will just get blown out by the opponent.

I should also mention that I won all 3 games pretty easily even though my opponents were all much better teams than mine. I'm a little concerned now that a lot of tweaking may be needed to make coach mode competitive.

Thanks for the replies. Glad I didn't preorder.

What about camera angles for Coach Mode? Is the one from last year still the only choice, or do we get to choose the normal play angle?

Thanks for the initial impressions...

Freshman
    It is the same camera angle from last year, that is the only one.

Freshman
    Guess I'll just be sticking with my already in progress FAU dynasty on 12. I swear, to me, being a coach mode player makes it less and less important to run out and get the latest version every summer.