Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Pre-release Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    In Dynasty mode, at the match-up screen (the screen where you can change your uniform options), if the HC's and the OC's offensive philosophies don't match, the screen will show the offense of the OC and not of the HC (i.e. HC=Option, OC=Air Raid, Match-up screen shows Air Raid, team runs option). Is that fixed?
    Last edited by souljahbill; 06-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Have the Game Plan settings been tweaked to make the Aggressive setting more risky defensively?

Does the new Read and React Defense AI generate more variance in terms of how defenders play the triple option, specifically the flexbone offense, or does it only apply to the passing game and the CPU will continue to play the TO perfectly almost every time?

how often are score updates and when do they show up ?

Have the rain games in Dynasty been tuned down (may have to ask a developer)?

Are simmed QB competition %s too low in dynasty? If so is it just for guys shown in the in game updates or for all simmed games?

Quote Originally Posted by jello1717 View Post
    Are simmed QB competition %s too low in dynasty? If so is it just for guys shown in the in game updates or for all simmed games?
    Yeah, that's something a lot of people have been noticing since the demo drop. Almost every QB completing less the 50% of their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yeah, that's something a lot of people have been noticing since the demo drop. Almost every QB completing less the 50% of their passes.
    Hard to judge by the demo though. That was one round of simulations. That could have been tweaked repeatedly just since that one Week of dynasty was pulled out for the demo. Obviously would still like to know "the answer" from retail, though.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Hard to judge by the demo though. That was one round of simulations. That could have been tweaked repeatedly just since that one Week of dynasty was pulled out for the demo. Obviously would still like to know "the answer" from retail, though.
    It's not just the demo as its seen in all of the E3 dynasty vids too.

Ah. I hadn't noticed.

Freshman
    Part of the problem IMHO is that people and the computer are unrealistically vertical in their passing games. They are not using the 2-5 yard quick hitting routes used to get the % up in real life. 85% of passes do not go for a first down, they only gain 2-6 yards. But when people play they almost never throw for less than 5 yards, usually 8-15 yards (in the air, not including YAC). The game is realistic in completion rates for the right ranges, people are just not throwing the right passes.
    Last edited by natetcu; 07-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Changes from NCAA 2012 to 13

Two questions about changes from 12 to 13 (I've only ever played on 360, so this may not be the case with PS3):

In 12, when you manually control one of the D-line, let's say a tackle, and move him outside of one of the D-ends, at the snap, he'll try to run his inside route for the first two steps or so, regardless of which direction you're trying to move him. I'm not talking about jumping the snap or anything like that, it's just annoying that if I grab a D-end and move him to the other side of the line, he does his own thing for the first second or so of the play. I don't remember this happening in 2011, but I could be wrong. I think this also happens to an extent with line backers if they're set to blitz, but I'll have to give it a try when I get home. Does anyone know if this has been changed/fixed in 2013?

Second question:

When you switch players on defense during a play, does 2013 switch you to the closest player to the ball or the person in the best position to make a play?

Any insight on these questions would be great. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaone9er View Post
    Two questions about changes from 12 to 13 (I've only ever played on 360, so this may not be the case with PS3):

In 12, when you manually control one of the D-line, let's say a tackle, and move him outside of one of the D-ends, at the snap, he'll try to run his inside route for the first two steps or so, regardless of which direction you're trying to move him. I'm not talking about jumping the snap or anything like that, it's just annoying that if I grab a D-end and move him to the other side of the line, he does his own thing for the first second or so of the play. I don't remember this happening in 2011, but I could be wrong. I think this also happens to an extent with line backers if they're set to blitz, but I'll have to give it a try when I get home. Does anyone know if this has been changed/fixed in 2013?
    Same thing happens when you run a speed/load option. The play art has the QB running outside the tackle but the QB always tries to run inbetween the guard and tackle and you have to redirect after a couple of steps.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I believe this is the case but I'll recheck it later today. If you're a HC, sometimes you'll get a goal that says something along the lines of "Sign x amount of y* players," (i.e. Sign 10 3* players). If I'm right, ONLY 3 star players would count towards that goal so even if you signed 25 5* players, you would still fail that goal. Anyway to check that?

So it still happens in 2013 then?

Same thing happens when you run a speed/load option. The play art has the QB running outside the tackle but the QB always tries to run inbetween the guard and tackle and you have to redirect after a couple of steps.
    So it's still a problem in 2013? Sorry, screwed up my post earlier.

Freshman
    For Oregon when they use there light grey uniforms will arm bands socks and cleat wraps change to light green? Like in real life

I believe this is the case but I'll recheck it later today. If you're a HC, sometimes you'll get a goal that says something along the lines of "Sign x amount of y* players," (i.e. Sign 10 3* players). If I'm right, ONLY 3 star players would count towards that goal so even if you signed 25 5* players, you would still fail that goal. Anyway to check that?
    I thought that was fixed at some point last year. It wasn't?

When recruiting, are the scrambling QBs faster this year or getting ATHs who can play QB the route people are gonna want to take if they wanna run some form of option attack?

Last year in the nickel formation, if a team was running hurry up out of a three receiver set, sometimes a linebacker would walk out to cover the slot receiver instead of the nickelback running over to the opposite side of the field to man up on the receiver. I'm talking a man under scheme with both safeties playing the deep halves of the field. This killed me numerous times when someone would put they're fastest receiver in the slot and just outrun my linebacker.

Could you please check and see if the defensive assignments adjust properly during a hurry up with the offense moving guys around.

Does the Studio Updates affect Online Dynasty? I.E. a member played his game earlier, and during your game you see updates of that game.