Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Four-team playoff proposal heads into homestretch

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Someone is ALWAYS on the outside looking in. When we eventually get to 8, number 9 and 10 are gonna be pissed as well.
    Yep. But I can deal with that over #3 (or #2 in some years) not getting a shot. I mean, we talk every March about the #69 team that didn't get in the tournament, but rarely do you hear about that team after March. We're still talking about some of the teams that got screwed out of the BCS, nearly a decade later.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    With 4 teams, you still have 2007 and 2008 with a team that theoretically has every right to be in the mix for the championship as the top 4 did.
    While true, I think Souljah was more picking on that "realistic" is not the right word at all.

FWIW, +1 to me in the 16 camp. Would let you give deserving conference champions an automatic qualifier, allow for plenty of at-large teams. And some proposals for 16 have even scheduled it such that the first round losers are able to go back into the bowl system for later bowls. That's pretty cool to me. As well, 16 worked well for FCS for years.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's better than the bullshit bowl system now
    Put the angry pills down, mors. The expansion of the bowl system (to include 6-6 teams) has nothing to do with trophies-for-everyone mentalities, and everything to do with $$$$$$$$ for the people organizing the bowls (not the schools).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Freshman

4 team BCS playoff

So what do you guys think on the new 4 team BCS playoff?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    We have ourselves a 4 team playoff starting in 2014.

The first playoff will take place after the 2014 season. There will be four teams, and the semifinals will be rotated among six bowl games over the life of the contract, with the championship game put up for bid. A selection committee will rank the teams, based on factors including head-to-head matchups.Semifinals will be held on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1; the championship game will be played on the first Monday that is at least six days after the last semifinal. The first playoff game will be Dec. 31, 2014.

Wrong place for this type of thread man.

Should have put this in here or just talked about it in this thread.

Freshman
    Sorry Im fairly new

No worries man. I'm sure it'll get moved to the correct place once one of the admins get on.

Unless, of course, you wanted to talk about what EA was planning on doing about adding this to the game. Then, this would be the correct thread for that.

yawn...bracing the old guard for change they dont want with a 2 year waiting period.

they are afraid of losing their money...

Now I been following the 4 team playoff news, but I'm a bit confused. Is it gonna be 1 extra game, or are the 4 teams that are in the playoff playing an extra game including their bowl game?

Dan Wetzel - The BCS finally has a stake driven through its heart, but the bowls and the big bucks still reign
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...kJC1Lcx785nYcB

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Dan Wetzel - The BCS finally has a stake driven through its heart, but the bowls and the big bucks still reign
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...kJC1Lcx785nYcB
    I'm 15 chapters into "Death of the BCS." This article reads exactly like the book, calling everyone out on their BS. It's a good read.