Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Video Capture Devices

• Facebook
  • Display
    If you would post your specs(namely your processor and RAM) and then tell us exactly which program you're using(Studio or Pro), we'd probably be able to figure out the problem.

Vegas.

The HDPVR works no problems, records smooth and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    If you would post your specs(namely your processor and RAM) and then tell us exactly which program you're using(Studio or Pro), we'd probably be able to figure out the problem.
    Windows 7
    4GB Ram
    Processor Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i5
    Processor Speed 2.5GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz)

What's your video card specs?

Even still with those you should be ok.

The software with the Gaming Edition HDPVR actually isn't half bad, for doing quick edits like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Edit...g=thegamtai-20

Is this a recommended purchase? I want to purchase a recording device, but afraid to buy. Any solid sugestions?

I can't speak to any first hand experience with that product, but Hauppauge, as a company, is recommended. They are still, as far as I know, what the majority of video capture users are using.

You should know ahead of time that the PS3 can only be recorded via Component ... not HDMI.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I can't speak to any first hand experience with that product, but Hauppauge, as a company, is recommended. They are still, as far as I know, what the majority of video capture users are using.

You should know ahead of time that the PS3 can only be recorded via Component ... not HDMI.
    ok thanks for the information. I have read this entire thread and trying to compare to Elgato. Elgato sounds pretty legite as well. Confused on which one to buy?

I don't personally have any experience with Elgato. Sorry.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I don't have any experience with the HDPVR2 but it sounds like most folks generally like it. I have the original HDPVR and haven't had any issues with it. As Jeff mentioned, the HDMI won't do you any good on PS3 and almost certainly won't work on PS4/720 due to encryption... since the 360 doesn't have Blu-Ray playback, it doesn't encrypt the HDMI port. Here's hoping that Sony & Microsoft figure out a way to encrypt movies but leave games unencrypted.

I know that IOU and CLW both have the Elgato so they could give you feedback on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't have any experience with the HDPVR2 but it sounds like most folks generally like it. I have the original HDPVR and haven't had any issues with it. As Jeff mentioned, the HDMI won't do you any good on PS3 and almost certainly won't work on PS4/720 due to encryption... since the 360 doesn't have Blu-Ray playback, it doesn't encrypt the HDMI port. Here's hoping that Sony & Microsoft figure out a way to encrypt movies but leave games unencrypted.

I know that IOU and CLW both have the Elgato so they could give you feedback on it.
    Thank you for the information guys.

I have people I've played with recommend Hauppauge. I use El Gato because it's super basic and easy to use, and they continue adding features like built in live streaming. For reference, search American Armchair League or AALoA on YouTube. I've posted games I've spliced and shortened some to just the highlights. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done for me.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD