Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Gameplay - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

Gameplay

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to gameplay changes you would like to see in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-12-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Ability to Flip Run in Flexbone - Currently you can mostly just flip the run in under center formations. However, where this is truly missing is in the Flexbone formations where you have twin B-backs. I should be able to flip the run if both B-backs are in and it simply change assignment from one to the other.

Ability to Flip Run in Shotgun - Right now, you can only flip Shotgun Speed Options but no other plays from Shotgun. What I would like to see is if I call Shotgun - Normal Off Tackle and flip the run, it either A) moves the HB to the other side of the QB (ie from Str to Wk) and runs off tackle, or B) it keeps the HB in the same place but changes the run to a counter. I would prefer the option A, especially if in passing situations we could "Flip Run" and that would still transfer the HB to the other side and have him run his assignment from there.

Special Teams Overhaul - Other than the addition of Return Middle and Squib Kick this year, we've pretty much had the same all-around special teams for a very long time. I would like to see punts and field goals blocked ON OCCASION without having to type in the Contra Code before hand. Even if you have to "cheat" and have a dice roll of "this guy" misses his block on this attempt, just something to make those kicks more exciting.

Great list. Absolutely agree on the shotgun flip runs. I'd like to see that for when you audible the RB to blocking on a hot route as well.

Defensive hot routes - would like to see the MLB able to be blitzed individually like the OLB currently have capability to do. It would also be nice to be able to tell the LBs which gap to blitz in relation to how you shift or slant the DL to take their gaps.

Long FGs - right now, lowering or raising the trajectory is just for distance but carries basically 0% of getting blocked. A dice roll based on number of FGs blocked that are attempted farther than 45 yards should be implemented.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-14-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Defensive hot routes - would like to see the MLB able to be blitzed individually like the OLB currently have capability to do.
    I'll assume you know this but in case you don't, did you know you can select him pre-snap, then hot route him to blitz? Granted it's not as fast as doing the OLBs, but the option is there.

As for a wishlist item:
    Defensive Hot Routes by Personnel Grouping - the ability when doing hot routes for the defense, you first select personnel grouping (DL, LB, or DB), then select a button coordinating to one of the players in that grouping. So to hot route the MLB to blitz, it would be Square for hot route, L1 for LBs, X for MLB, down R-stick for blitz. It obviously is a several step process, but it's at least better than individually having to try to get to the player you're wanting to change pre-snap and most times not having enough time.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-14-2010 at 10:12 AM.

I'll assume you know this but in case you don't, did you know you can select him pre-snap, then hot route him to blitz? Granted it's not as fast as doing the OLBs, but the option is there.
    Yes, rarely have enough time, especially if another adjustments are needed.

I'm on 360, so buttons don't map as you outlined, so I'll have to try out the hot route grouping that you outlined. Didn't know that capability was there so will try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I'm on 360, so buttons don't map as you outlined, so I'll have to try out the hot route grouping that you outlined. Didn't know that capability was there so will try it out tonight.
    No... that capability is not in there now. I was adding that as a wishlist item. I'll clarify my post.

Got it, thanks. Yes, that is a solid suggestion.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    As for a wishlist item:
    Defensive Hot Routes by Personnel Grouping - the ability when doing hot routes for the defense, you first select personnel grouping (DL, LB, or DB), then select a button coordinating to one of the players in that grouping. So to hot route the MLB to blitz, it would be Square for hot route, L1 for LBs, X for MLB, down R-stick for blitz. It obviously is a several step process, but it's at least better than individually having to try to get to the player you're wanting to change pre-snap and most times not having enough time.
    An INCREDIBLY good suggestion.

Punt formations and trick plays - install the 'rugby-style' punting that a lot of teams are using, along with the trick plays that are inherent out of that set.

Shovel pass - people have been asking for that one for a while now

Onside kick - should have a trick one, instead of the obvious lining up for one view

One that really bothers me. The field goal unit (and punt unit as well if you want to include them). If I drive down to field goal range and have only 10 seconds to kick a game winning field goal, I want to be sweating like a mofo worrying if my field goal unit is gonna haul butt out to the field and get set up fast enough. I hate selecting Field Goal and voila, there they are 1 second later in place, ready to instantly kick a field goal.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.

I wanna see them tighten up locomotion a bit, add a little more weight to the players. Im pretty sure Ian said that Madden added more weight then NCAA so we will see

Freshman Quarterbacks/Inexperienced Back-up QB's
    These two groups should occasionally mishandle the snap from under center. They should also call out wrong audibles and incorrect hot routes early on. They should get better at this with more game experience. It should not be over done either. Just occasionally. All back-ups and inexperienced guys should play with inexperience. They should also get rattled at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday Night.

when players are in defensive coverage, allow them to not just sit in a open area and just cover grass.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Special Teams Overhaul - Other than the addition of Return Middle and Squib Kick this year, we've pretty much had the same all-around special teams for a very long time. I would like to see punts and field goals blocked ON OCCASION without having to type in the Contra Code before hand. Even if you have to "cheat" and have a dice roll of "this guy" misses his block on this attempt, just something to make those kicks more exciting.
    Already blocked 2 kicks from the edge in this game. One I came perfect timing and scooted around the blocker on the outside and dove, and the other I cut inside the blocker and punched it back. It was really cool, as I haven't done it in a good 4 seasons. Dice roll low trajectory would be nice. I think it needs to go lower, farther into the line, and then take a rise.

However haven't come close to a punt, don't think I will.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 07-23-2010 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    One that really bothers me. The field goal unit (and punt unit as well if you want to include them). If I drive down to field goal range and have only 10 seconds to kick a game winning field goal, I want to be sweating like a mofo worrying if my field goal unit is gonna haul butt out to the field and get set up fast enough. I hate selecting Field Goal and voila, there they are 1 second later in place, ready to instantly kick a field goal.
    A return of the need to substitute players, a la NCAA 2000, when players would come in from the sideline, would go a long way in the modern titles, I think.

That said, if they were to put that in, I'd want to see Air Force-esque Quick Changes be possible.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That said, if they were to put that in, I'd want to see Air Force-esque Quick Changes be possible.
    Most definitely! That's amazing how quick they did that.

I like the def hot routes by package as well.

Increased formation audibles - I May be on my own here but I would like an added dimension to the formations audibles. Instead of just "run", it would be nice to be able to pick between "outside" run or "Inside". My thought would be once you select "run" then you pick what type of run you want to keep the 4 direction right stick audible.

i read somewhere which i think is true . is to show different caliber qb some who can make passes to the wide hash and others struggle even withthe deep ball or short passing and such. special teams upgrade from punt returns and kick returns to blocks there should be return reverses . even lining up for punts some teams have swinging door . gunners need to be blocked by two guys and they stay on him .

I'd still like to see the addition of football that have a chance of being caught by both offensive and defensive players as they're coming down with it, sort of like Madden's 'fight for the fumble' mechanic, which is something else I'd like to see added to ncaa.