Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display
    Commentary does a pretty bad job of flowing in the studio update:

For the Texas vs. Texas Tech: The Longhorns come into the game ranked 9th, after the bitterly disappointing loss, how far will the pollsters move them down. THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED!!....a major upset, the Red Raiders get the win, 24-17.

(Those two statements should be reversed, with the announcement, and then the commentary, not the commentary, and then the announcement)

For Georgia Tech vs. Maryland: The yellow jackets come in ranked #15, that loss will damage their position in the polls. As for Maryland, they've won two straight. The Terrapins claim the W 31-24. (Again, probably want to say the Terrapins claim the W, 31-24, then have the commentary).

I think if you reverse those statements the entire thing would flow much, much better.

Not going to comment on the gameplay, except to say that I hope returning the ball from deep within your own end zone and running past your own blockers by the 20 will not consistently get you great starting field position at the 35...

EDIT: One other thing someone else noticed, the sim stats aren't quite right. HB #1 (Crowell) with 35 carries for 222 yards, that would be a career game for him (but isn't outside the realm of possibility). But the bad one is HB #17 (Orwin Smith) for Georgia Tech. The number of yards gained and the 2 TDs are fine, but 24 carries is not. He had 61 carries all of last year.
    Last edited by Dregnus; 05-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.

By the way we've gotten off topic and there isn't even real gameplay in this video. I do love the addition of the updates, even if it's not the best mix every time. You can't overstate the importance of bringing the landscape to the forefront while you're playing a game as opposed to waiting till the week is advanced to get in on the important action.

Anybody know when the podcast is coming? I'm a little peeved that we haven't had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Anybody know when the podcast is coming? I'm a little peeved that we haven't had it.
    I've been checking the Facebook page often and still have seen anything. I was looking forward to this one so hopefully it'll be up soon.

Edit: it just came up. It's on their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.

..so...it appears that EA thinks the Trojans will win the National Championship this year..

he's pronouncing San Gabriel wrong LOL

seriously..its overbearing,its lame, .. I havent gotten to a play yet and I have to sit through 3 fictional scores interrupting my game..whats so great about that ?I'm not being a bitch I'm just saying its kind of silly in the video game..."thanks Reese, no score here yet"..of course there isn't,the game just started LOL

A little late to the party, but I did watch the clip yesterday and found it pretty damn entertaining. I like the Update.

That's still a really awkward silence when the players are coming out....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    ..so...it appears that EA thinks the Trojans will win the National Championship this year..
    You know Andrew Luck? How they talked about how he's the next John Elway? The same goes for this guy. Get ready he's gonna be all over ESPN man.

Thats not all of it they have some key players returning to. Who ever gets that guy in the next draft is one lucky team.(nfl)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    That's still a really awkward silence when the players are coming out....
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    You know Andrew Luck? How they talked about how he's the next John Elway? The same goes for this guy. Get ready he's gonna be all over ESPN man.

Thats not all of it they have some key players returning to. Who ever gets that guy in the next draft is one lucky team.(nfl)

believe me, I know..theyve said he's got all the tools etc..and I live in So Cal. So yeah, I've heard LOL

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I don't particularly care for the studio updates as a cut away. It takes me away from the game and from the video it really isn't a quick cut away. I'd much prefer to have a ticker with running scores and then a bottom line alert like ESPN has now with a voiceover from Rece.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I don't particularly care for the studio updates as a cut away. It takes me away from the game and from the video it really isn't a quick cut away. I'd much prefer to have a ticker with running scores and then a bottom line alert like ESPN has now with a voiceover from Rece.
    I think there are varying time lengths of cut away based on what's happening in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I think there are varying time lengths of cut away based on what's happening in the game...
    That may be the case but for me any cut away is too long. Like I said I would prefer a voice over that doesn't cut me away from the game.

Yeah I don't mind it really, I think it will add to the feel of "watching" a game on Saturday afternoon minus the replay video.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Yeah I don't mind it really, I think it will add to the feel of "watching" a game on Saturday afternoon minus the replay video.
    Like I said, I know I'm in the minority. But when I'm playing a game, I don't want to feel like I'm "watching" a game. I would be interested to see after the game has been released for a month or 2, how many people actually watch the update.

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority. But when I'm playing a game, I don't want to feel like I'm "watching" a game. I would be interested to see after the game has been released for a month or 2, how many people actually watch the update.
    You're also someone that impatiently buttons-through everything though. I don't. I watch all of it. I'd bet I'll watch these too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You're also someone that impatiently buttons-through everything though. I don't. I watch all of it. I'd bet I'll watch these too.

Actually not true. I watch all replays. And will watch most of the intros and the opening cuts until the intros become boring. And if they did like a halftime update I could get into that. But when I'm actually in game I don't really want to cut away unless it is to watch a great play that just happened and definitely don't want something that takes me away from the game at hand.

Actually not true. I watch all replays. And will watch most of the intros and the opening cuts until the intros become boring. And if they did like a halftime update I could get into that. But when I'm actually in game I don't really want to cut away unless it is to watch a great play that just happened and definitely don't want something that takes me away from the game at hand.
    Ok. I was basing that on you saying you button-through intros and such. The good news for you is that you'll be able to button-through this too (though it will be more difficult to do, think of it as a new mini-game for you).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Ok. I was basing that on you saying you button-through intros and such. The good news for you is that you'll be able to button-through this too (though it will be more difficult to do, think of it as a new mini-game for you).

And there is the issue. I think the info that it's providing is nice and would like to hear breaking scores, but I don't want to sit through a cut scene to get it. And I'm sure that most people are sitting here saying yes this is awesome, but I would be interested to see if after a couple of months people are still watching them. If they are not, then it's actually not a good feature.