Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

Each Thursday, a new NCAA Football 13 'Quick Clip' will be posted showcasing different aspects of the game in action.

All clips will be archived in this thread. After checking out the video(s), share your thoughts with the community below.

Clip #1 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio

Clip #2 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC vs. Oregon Part Two

Clip #3 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan

Last edited by cdj; 05-24-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Love it ... it's going to add a lot to the game, and this is only the base for a new commentary model as well. Can't wait to see how this will grow in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Video showcasing Rece Davis' contribution to the game this year.

That's perfect! That's exactly how it should be. Warmups BEFORE intros.

Only issue I have with pre-game is the crowd doesn't really react to the trojan plunging the sword into the turf, the crowd just seems a little bit too quiet.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Ack. Those cheerleader pom-poms looked atrocious. Damn EA. Do something right for once. God!

Will you be able to click through those updates?

That video is nice. Not sure if anybody brought this up, but it would be great if the ticker & updates were not only for play now & online games, it would show real life scores & updates too. NBA 2K does a great job of showing scores from other sports & the NBA from real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Will you be able to click through those updates?
    Yes, you certainly can.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    That video is nice. Not sure if anybody brought this up, but it would be great if the ticker & updates were not only for play now & online games, it would show real life scores & updates too. NBA 2K does a great job of showing scores from other sports & the NBA from real life events.
    I mentioned it and essentially they were concerned about creating additional lag, and particularly during gameplay.

I can only imagine how great the commentating will be in the coming years for this series. Looks like a great start! I agree with Big Blue though, the crowd needs to react more to the sword being stabbed into the ground.

One question I have is when you break a record in dynasty like rushing yards or TD's, do you have to listen to them comment about it everytime you touch the ball after?

Damn...was hoping the dynasty podcast would be up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Ack. Those cheerleader pom-poms looked atrocious. Damn EA. Do something right for once. God!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    One question I have is when you break a record in dynasty like rushing yards or TD's, do you have to listen to them comment about it everytime you touch the ball after?
    that is a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure on that. Commentary wasn't completed fully in April. I don't even think Rece's dialog pregame was in yet back then.

Yeah, especially when they come back to play another season.

Does this "quick clip" video take place of the podcast today?

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    Does this "quick clip" video take place of the podcast today?
    Goodness I hope not. I wouldn't think so since this is an every week thing from now on. I wonder if they'll be showing us gameplay stuff or mostly presentation stuff through these quick clips. I would hope for a qtr per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Goodness I hope not. I wouldn't think so since this is an every week thing from now on. I wonder if they'll be showing us gameplay stuff or mostly presentation stuff through these quick clips. I would hope for a qtr per week.
    I would love for a quarter a week. Maybe they will finish this game up with AT LEAST a half quarter next week. It would be nice to see some of the game play and new commentating in action.

Article: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

The only I problem I have with Rece's addition is, by comparison, Brad's audio just seems clunky and out-of-date. Very impressed by what's been added.

Similarly, with the quality of the overall pre-game intro, the band scene just looks lacking. It's weird how something can go from good to below average just when new things get added to compare it to.

Overall, a nice clip. Though I'm sure somewhere there's someone overanalyzing the kick return and who will now proclaim KICK RETURNS ARE TOO EASY!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The only I problem I have with Rece's addition is, by comparison, Brad's audio just seems clunky and out-of-date. Very impressed by what's been added.

Similarly, with the quality of the overall pre-game intro, the band scene just looks lacking. It's weird how something can go from good to below average just when new things get added to compare it to.

Overall, a nice clip. Though I'm sure somewhere there's someone overanalyzing the kick return and who will now proclaim KICK RETURNS ARE TOO EASY!
    I agree with you. You can surely tell a difference from the new and the old commentary. It has a completely different sound to it in my opinion. However, this is the start of a multi year cycle that I am sure we will see greatly improved on.

Speaking of this, did any CD guys notice some significant fresh and new commentary from Brad and Kirk?

Man, what are you talking about!? It is clear that kickoffs are going to be way too easy! It's part of the improved special teams package!!