Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series

• Facebook
  • Display
    I see, cdj. I'm still a little confused on how you would avoid cheesers if you were a top player and there are Bowl Games etc. (though I wouldn't have to worry about that "problem" - lol).

I'm not sure what Shopmaster mas in mind, but IMO if someone starts racking up negative feedback, they will find it more difficult to get games, thus losing the opportunity to move up the ranks and make the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm not sure what Shopmaster mas in mind, but IMO if someone starts racking up negative feedback, they will find it more difficult to get games, thus losing the opportunity to move up the ranks and make the postseason.
    Gotcha! Thanks.

I have played in this the last couple of years that it was run from the MaddenWars site. The feedback mechanism is the tool to use to prevent cheesers from prospering. There is no full-proof way to avoid cheesers in an open-to-the-public tourney, but using their feedback and reveiwing it before agreeing to play someone does help...

The competition is as fun as the people you choose to play with though...some people are cut-throat and will do anything for a win, others are not of that same ilk. The best part about it is that since it starts very close to the release and runs for a limited time, the really offensive glitches that surface every year tend to remain undiscovered until the tourney is over.

At the very worst, anyone participating in the tourney will have an opportunity to meet more str8/sim-style ballers that they can add to their friend's lists or get involved in Dynasties and Leagues with...think of it more like a Gaming-style Facebook deal...lol!

Yeah I've never done anything of this format, very excited to see how it turns out.

I signed up, but this has the potential to turn sour. The term "cheese" is definitely a subjective one. I've always been the type of person that would play completely straight until my opponent started using questionable tactics, and then I'd throw everything I've got at them until they knocked it off(which was never).

I was also in a tournament a few years back and had a straight game going into the 4th quarter. When the guy realized he had to score in a hurry, he started throwing the kitchen sink at me in terms of motion glitches and crap.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

Recruit
    I've avoided it for the cheese factor or what some call "tournament style" I like to play sim and as soon as I started getting cheesed during a game it would ruin it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    gschwendt needs to sign up so I can name him as a rival.
    You can go ahead and add me as a rival now.

Done. Huzzah!

I now await my first G-delivered ass kicking of the season.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Hey guys, I am from Madden Wars/MyMaddenPad like Moostache. I understand the concerns you have about the EAGCCS, but you would be missing out if you let those things deter you from participating. We are all str8/sim guys over at MMP so a lot of guys you are going to come across (especially on PS3) are guaranteed good games (Do we have a couple turds? Of course). As far as the competition format, it is just a basic ladder. It will keep track of wins and losses for each team and the feedback rating. I am not 100% positive on the rankings (I will get back to you on this), but I know there will be at least a "People's Poll" where everyone votes on who the top teams are and that will help determine what bowl game you get to go to. As far as whether the games are ranked or not is up to you. A lot of us over there prefer the Heisman setting, but some like ranked games. I sense a question coming about people misreporting games - that has never happened in the MWCS and even if it does, it is easily determined from your profile on easports.com (even in unranked games they show up as last games played on the website). Send me a FR on PSN @ Kick_88 and 360 @ Kick 88 if you are going to play. If you want to get to know some more MMP guys to make sure you get straight games from the get go, you are always welcome over there as well.

Just signed up, hopefully I still get the gm early so I can test out my O, taking all challengers, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kick88 View Post
    Hey guys, I am from Madden Wars/MyMaddenPad like Moostache. I understand the concerns you have about the EAGCCS, but you would be missing out if you let those things deter you from participating. We are all str8/sim guys over at MMP so a lot of guys you are going to come across (especially on PS3) are guaranteed good games (Do we have a couple turds? Of course). As far as the competition format, it is just a basic ladder. It will keep track of wins and losses for each team and the feedback rating. I am not 100% positive on the rankings (I will get back to you on this), but I know there will be at least a "People's Poll" where everyone votes on who the top teams are and that will help determine what bowl game you get to go to. As far as whether the games are ranked or not is up to you. A lot of us over there prefer the Heisman setting, but some like ranked games. I sense a question coming about people misreporting games - that has never happened in the MWCS and even if it does, it is easily determined from your profile on easports.com (even in unranked games they show up as last games played on the website). Send me a FR on PSN @ Kick_88 and 360 @ Kick 88 if you are going to play. If you want to get to know some more MMP guys to make sure you get straight games from the get go, you are always welcome over there as well.
    Yeah I've played with some MP guys in Damon's online franchise for Madden... definitely solid guys.

Thats good to hear, I also was a bit skeptic but I think this could turn out to be a great thing, as well as getting to know other players of the game.

My friends list has grown so much just from getting in a dynasty with Gschwendt, Oneback, JeffHCross and many others that I'm looking forward to playing everyone. Nothing better and more satisfying then sitting down and playing the game you love and getting a great game out of it win or lose. I still want that payback to PapaLoneStar, LSU was primed to break out before the dynasty fizzed out.

Thanks for the info Kick_88, it is appreciated.

Fincastle,VA (1 hr from Lane Stadium and Hokie country)
    Well guys i need some Rivals. U can guess what team i am going to use. So who is in. Going on the PS3
    Last edited by Twinky34; 07-01-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: forgot this part

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I've played with some MP guys in Damon's online franchise for Madden... definitely solid guys.
    MP != MMP. MP is MaddenPlanet/College Dynasty. MMP is MyMaddenPad.

I'm also an MP'er, technically And that reminds me that I really need to get around to playing Damon sometime.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Twinky34 View Post
    Well guys i need some Rivals. U can guess what team i am going to use. So who is in. Going on the PS3
    I'll be your rival, I'm on PS3 too.

Article: EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series

Hey guys,

I definitely understand your concerns and that's why it's very important to leave feedback after every game, good or bad. We also have a good games forum where you can leave some comments about the great game you just had with someone. There is no full-proof system here, but letting everyone know who is a sim baller through the feedback is a great way.

People that have multiple instances of "throwing the kitchen sink" to win is not going to go unnoticed or rewarded. For instance someone who is 34-5 and all positive comments will no doubt be ranked higher than someone who is 34-0 with some negative feedback. Now will negative feedback just ruin your chances completely? No, but if there is no change and you are constantly getting negative feedback then it's a problem.

I hope everyone enjoys the competition and I look forward to everyone playing.
    Last edited by Shopmaster; 07-12-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Signed up for this and we will see how it goes.

My gamertag and profile name are HawkFan77 for the Xbox360, add me tonight and let's play some games.