Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why no 85 man rosters?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I totally agree Jayrah. I have never had a need for anything beyond 70 unless I want to start stacking three punters and kickers on my squad lol. I'm just saying EA could do it if they wanted to.
    Yeah, I don't mind 85 man rosters and if EA ever added them, hey, great, but as for how it is right now, I don't even need 70. I use a MAX of 40 players in a given season. All the players that I cut in the offseason to get back down to 70 or under? A bunch of players rated in their 50s or extremely low 60s. If we go up to 85 players, great, I'll get to enjoy a roster of 15-20+ 50-something OVR players who suck ass. Woo hoo.

So yeah, if 85 man rosters ever make an appearance, hey, I'll call it a good addition by EA, but for now, on my own personal Wishlist/Shit list (all the issues and problems that arise in the various modes, online, gameplay, etc), 85 man rosters aren't a top priority for me on what I'd like to see added/fixed.

Basically if it's an item someone can take and run and constantly bitch about...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Basically if it's an item someone can take and run and constantly bitch about...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    aka socks and dreads.

Freshman
    85 man rosters are HUGE for me. I use a realistic dynasty. Injuries and fatigue are turned way up to realistic levels. It is not uncommon to go into a game with 2-5 starts out with injury, especially late season. I use formation subs to utilize a 7-man rotation on the defensive front, 5-man rotation at linebacker, three HBs and 7-10 receivers, this is the only way to keep players fresh when fatigue is realistic. I run 7-minute quarters for time constraints and it makes for pretty realistic stats and scores (which is what I am going for).
    It is not like Madden where you can go grab a free agent when your first and second team RB goes down, you are stuck with the same 70 guys all year. So the Madden use 53 argument is dumb. Also in college you need to red shirt players, especially for little schools.

On a separate note, the NCAA last year changed the recruiting rules (IRL) to allow schools to choose between offering the traditional 1-year renewable scholarships or the new multi-year scholarships. A multi-year scholarship is a cool recruiting tool because it protects a player from being cut for as long as the original scholarship is for. AKA if you offer a kid a 4-year scholarship you can’t cut him from your team for four years. This would be a cool addition to recruiting in the game, but it makes 85 man rosters even more necessary.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by natetcu; 05-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    As long as the recruiting bug is gone from this year's game I don't care about the rosters (ya know the whole can't cut incoming freshman deal)
    You can cut incoming freshman. It's definitely a bad bug, but there is a work around. Make your cuts. Never go back and look at your cuts. Advance. That's it. At least for online dynasties it is.

The first time I ran into this bug in 2012 was our first offseason in one of my ODs. I made my cuts, but we didn't advance right away. I went back in later to see if I wanted to cut anyone else. When I went back in, I still had way more than 70 players. So I cut the guys again, checked back later, and they were still there. Finally I just cut some of my non-incoming players. This resulted in the loss of all the players I had originally cut, and the players that I cut due to the incoming player bug. The next season I just cut the players that I wanted to cut, and fought the urge to check the dynasty until after the commish had advanced. It worked. The freshman that I had cut, stayed cut.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by natetcu View Post
    85 man rosters are HUGE for me. I use a realistic dynasty. Injuries and fatigue are turned way up to realistic levels. It is not uncommon to go into a game with 2-5 starts out with injury, especially late season. I use formation subs to utilize a 7-man rotation on the defensive front, 5-man rotation at linebacker, three HBs and 7-10 receivers, this is the only way to keep players fresh when fatigue is realistic. I run 7-minute quarters for time constraints and it makes for pretty realistic stats and scores (which is what I am going for).
    It is not like Madden where you can go grab a free agent when your first and second team RB goes down, you are stuck with the same 70 guys all year. So the Madden use 53 argument is dumb. Also in college you need to red shirt players, especially for little schools.

On a separate note, the NCAA last year changed the recruiting rules (IRL) to allow schools to choose between offering the traditional 1-year renewable scholarships or the new multi-year scholarships. A multi-year scholarship is a cool recruiting tool because it protects a player from being cut for as long as the original scholarship is for. AKA if you offer a kid a 4-year scholarship you can’t cut him from your team for four years. This would be a cool addition to recruiting in the game, but it makes 85 man rosters even more necessary.

Just my two cents.
    So much effort for just a video game...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    So much effort for just a video game...

Dost mine eyes deceive me?

A clean post?

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M SO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think English just got its student back!
    Last edited by Jayrah; 05-26-2012 at 04:06 AM.

You crack me up Jayrah.

He's still on my ignore list so I haven't seen how horrible or great his English has been, and I still have no plans to take him off my ignore list anytime soon, after everything in the last two weeks.

As for 85 man rosters, like I said at the top of the page, if they do ever add it, that's great and maybe I'll change how I use my full roster of players from season to season (maybe substitute more rather than letting the game auto-sub players in and out (RBs and WRs mainly), but until then, for me personally, there are just too many issues and too many things that need to be added that I personally have higher up on the list of importance before they should spend time and focus on 85 man rosters and the required changes to recruiting and the recruit database that would have to be made to accomodate the extra numbers of recruits needed for 124 teams recruiting an extra 15 roster spots each weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IBI View Post
    You can cut incoming freshman. It's definitely a bad bug, but there is a work around. Make your cuts. Never go back and look at your cuts. Advance. That's it. At least for online dynasties it is.

The first time I ran into this bug in 2012 was our first offseason in one of my ODs. I made my cuts, but we didn't advance right away. I went back in later to see if I wanted to cut anyone else. When I went back in, I still had way more than 70 players. So I cut the guys again, checked back later, and they were still there. Finally I just cut some of my non-incoming players. This resulted in the loss of all the players I had originally cut, and the players that I cut due to the incoming player bug. The next season I just cut the players that I wanted to cut, and fought the urge to check the dynasty until after the commish had advanced. It worked. The freshman that I had cut, stayed cut.
    Interesting, well if our OD ever lives again I'll try that