Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why no 85 man rosters?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    But, if injuries were done well, that would change a bit. That's what I want. Fix the injuries and challenge my depth. Then give me a bigger roster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree with this... with 85 man rosters, you'd also have to expect changes to injuries as well as fatigue (seasonal fatigue for example). As is, it wouldn't challenge me at all, it would make it easier because then I could stack my roster even further.

I'd like to see better season fatigue but if they make mobile QBs get hurt any more than they did in NCAA 12 I would lose my mind. In the short time I had NCAA 12 I remember Denard getting hurt constantly. I would like to see guys get hurt that aren't the ones just holding the ball or making the tackle. I'd rather see more minor injuries and less major ones as well.

Does NCAA 13 have an injury or fatigue slider?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Does NCAA 13 have an injury or fatigue slider?
    Not that I'm aware of, so likely no.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, so likely no.
    I don't understand this. Madden has had injury, fatigue and fumble sliders for awhile. Why won't the NCAA team implement some of these things? Do they hate sliders that much? I'd love to see pass coverage split between man and zone and also see a Shotgun Run Blocking slider to fine-tune the spread option game. The majority of fine-tuning needs to be for the cpu. I still have major doubts the cpu can run the spread-option effectively and there are no more excuses for that.

If they had tuning files that we could use like the NHL this may be different but the NCAA team has largely wasted the tuning file concept.
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.

But, if injuries were done well
    Or transfers.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Or transfers.
    To a much smaller degree, yes. Aren't they increasing the amount of transfers this year?

85 players on roster would kill roster makes. So much more work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattUM2 View Post
    85 players on roster would kill roster makes. So much more work.
    And so many more complaints from people all over the internet whining about how rosters aren't already done the day the game comes out, nor within 2-3 days after the game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's been several years ago (maybe for NCAA10?) but I asked in the past about 85 man rosters and remember being satisfied with the answer. Obviously that doesn't answer your curiosity but it's been several years ago so I apologize.

I imagine one of the bigger hurdles is that it's not just a matter of changing the limitation and then walking away. In order to do it, they'd have to make sure their recruit generator that builds the recruits would build enough, at the right skill levels. As well, they would also have to revamp their recruiting logic to ensure that teams took into account the new limitations. I'm not saying that's the reason and I'm not saying it's a good reason but just explaining that it is more than just changing one number from 70 to 85.

All that said, the demand for it has been even greater this year than it has in the past. Before, a lot of people put it on their wishlist, but this year seems like everyone has reached the point that it's a bigger issue. I think the mindset of "it's not for Texas, it's for Texas State" is the right one. In the past, everyone just said "85 man rosters" but now some have actually given the right aspect of "it's for those small teams to be able to redshirt and built up their players over time".
    I appreciate the response.

Honestly, I have no need for this when I run a franchise with Miami because I'm always bringing in recruits who are 76-82 and are ready to play right away.

As you mentioned, it's for when I'm running a franchise as Texas State and I have to cut guys that I really want to stash on my roster to develop.

Also, it's not about having 85 guys that I'm going to use - it's about having 85 guys that I'm always progressing and developing. I'll still probably only use 35 or so of them, but the other guys are still developing.

This is how it's done in real life - at smaller schools a lot of guys don't see the field until their redshirt junior or redshirt senior year. This would just add an element of depth and immersion to a "rebuild" that I would love to see.

Would love to get a response from the devs this year on it.

Obviously, each console generation is different but NCAA 07 for xbox had 70 players for all the FBS & FCS teams which would be more players than having 85 for the 123 teams that will be in NCAA 13.

I understand it's different between consoles, but they've had a bigger player database in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone6700 View Post
    I understand it's different between consoles, but they've had a bigger player database in the past.
    On the disc, yes. But, if memory serves, you weren't actively running I-A and I-AA teams at the same time, all in the same dynasty. So it was only tracking the 110 I-A teams (though you could swap teams in and out, yes?) at a time.

I don't think default rosters is the problem.

The truth is it can be done. It just requires time to implement. Much like dynasty discipline, in game saves, spring games, medical redshirts - these are all things that can be added. EA just allocates the resources where they think they get the best bang for their buck. While some are disappointed that it doesn't go to bigger rosters I'm disappointed it doesn't got to in-game saves. It is what it is. There is no real reason this can't be done other than time required. I can't see any hardware or disc limitations being the problem.

The truth is it can be done. It just requires time to implement. Much like dynasty discipline, in game saves, spring games, medical redshirts - these are all things that can be added. EA just allocates the resources where they think they get the best bang for their buck. While some are disappointed that it doesn't go to bigger rosters I'm disappointed it doesn't got to in-game saves. It is what it is. There is no real reason this can't be done other than time required. I can't see any hardware or disc limitations being the problem.
    Well said. To me, this is pretty much right on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Agreed, Rudy. Sometimes the line between "limitation" and "really difficult" is really blurry. Contrary to the opinion of some of my co-workers (), not everything is magically possible via programming.

But, overall, you're right. It's all about resource allocation.

I don't understand this. Madden has had injury, fatigue and fumble sliders for awhile. Why won't the NCAA team implement some of these things? Do they hate sliders that much? I'd love to see pass coverage split between man and zone and also see a Shotgun Run Blocking slider to fine-tune the spread option game. The majority of fine-tuning needs to be for the cpu. I still have major doubts the cpu can run the spread-option effectively and there are no more excuses for that.

If they had tuning files that we could use like the NHL this may be different but the NCAA team has largely wasted the tuning file concept.
    I agree totally Rudy. I am also curious why Madden has so many more sliders than NCAA and why NCAA has not added those sliders over the years. More sliders would help the game out so much.

I think you all know how I feel about sliders.

What I will say about NCAA is, at least they give you separate sliders for User and CPU Special Teams!

I think you all know how I feel about sliders.

What I will say about NCAA is, at least they give you separate sliders for User and CPU Special Teams!

That Madden decision on special teams is the most mind boggling. It's horrible not to have separate sliders for special teams since kicking FGs is way too easy for the user but dropping the accuracy kills the cpu. I can't understand that one at all either.

Good point. But personally I still don't see the need for it. You can develop every position properly with 70 players if you just take the time to actually recruit what you need. We are already so caught up in trying to sign the highest rated playmakers we can, that they forget about signing for their O and D Lines and working from there to take the time and develop what's already on the roster in other positions. Like Treadstone said he'll still use 35 guys, which means it's more a matter of the user not allocating the correct amount of players to each position for development... 85 guys developing in your program isn't necessary when you aren't going to use 15-20 of them ever anyway. I'm sure it could be useful for a gem or 2, no doubt. But the necessity of it in the overall scheme of development is overblown I think.

I totally agree Jayrah. I have never had a need for anything beyond 70 unless I want to start stacking three punters and kickers on my squad lol. I'm just saying EA could do it if they wanted to.

As long as the recruiting bug is gone from this year's game I don't care about the rosters (ya know the whole can't cut incoming freshman deal)