Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops II

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

I have absolutely no faith in COD making a decent futuristic shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I have absolutely no faith in COD making a decent futuristic shooter.
    Me neither. You can guarantee the weapons will be overpowered as shit. And overall, it's probably going to suck serious ass.

Oh look, the one series that I criticize more than NCAA/Madden. Horses? I'm sold.

This may finally be the year I don't buy it. It usually releases by itself and I buy it for something to play on the side, but with Halo 4 and several other games dropping around the same time, I'll completely skip it if it looks like more of the same old BS.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Oh look, the one series that I criticize more than NCAA/Madden. Horses? I'm sold.

This may finally be the year I don't buy it. It usually releases by itself and I buy it for something to play on the side, but with Halo 4 and several other games dropping around the same time, I'll completely skip it if it looks like more of the same old BS.
    Yeah, I was laughing at that. All these great futuristic weapons, these great futuristic vehicles, technology apparently letting you see through walls (already done by Ghost Recon Future Soldier), followed by a scene of escaping something or trying to get somewhere on fucking horses.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I was laughing at that. All these great futuristic weapons, these great futuristic vehicles, technology apparently letting you see through walls (already done by Ghost Recon Future Soldier), followed by a scene of escaping something or trying to get somewhere on fucking horses.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I definitely WON'T be buying this time. I'll have Guild Wars 2/Diablo III to sate me for a LONG time now.

Guess they felt the need to add vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Guess they felt the need to add vehicles?
    They think people want "cool stuff" when in reality, the only thing people want is fun and balanced game play, something Call of Duty does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I don't even see how the hell you can do future shit besides just vehicles and guns. You can't sit there doing a bunch of stuff like the see through walls technology, because COD is already unbalanced as all fuck, so you add in extreme future shit like that, it's gonna make it so ridiculously unbalanced that there'd be no point in playing because you'd either be on the team constantly spawn camping and killing everyone or the team constantly getting spawn camped and dying with no middle ground. You could already start to see some of that with Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Throw a couple sensors around the various paths out from your enemy's spawn points, and sit there picking off people as they try to reach various points on the map.
    last time I played the Ghost Beta thats exactly what a couple of snipers were doing as soon as we ran out they were laying prone waiting. They finished the game with something like 60 kills.

They think people want "cool stuff" when in reality, the only thing people want is fun and balanced game play, something Call of Duty does not have.
    You aren't a 12 year old pubescent boy, all they want is cool shit.

I figure that was try to get back some of their fans who now like BF3 more because of vehicles. Yes there is no point in them doing it, they're prob. gonna screw up vehicles and the gameplay will still be horrible cause they spent ALL their time adding vehicles. The life of COD games sucks too game hits...1 to 2 map packs and then boom another one drops.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    I figure that was try to get back some of their fans who now like BF3 more because of vehicles. Yes there is no point in them doing it, they're prob. gonna screw up vehicles and the gameplay will still be horrible cause they spent ALL their time adding vehicles. The life of COD games sucks too game hits...1 to 2 map packs and then boom another one drops.
    Even if they add vehicles in multiplayer COD can't design maps for shit, too many choke points and bootlenecks, plus they are small as hell. They would pretty much have to rethink the way they make the game (which has be proven they don't want to reinvent the cash cow, which I can't blame them).

BF series always has done it right because they can design maps in an okay manner and most of the vehicles are on really big maps, outside of maybe a jeep or something. I think the smallest map for a tank is what Grand Bazaar on BF3?

Yeah, I think the COD series has just died for me. I haven't even seriously played multiplayer on COD since MW2. I never played a single multiplayer game on Black Ops, and I played maybe something like 50-100 games of multiplayer on MW3 and haven't touched MP on it since at least February or March. With Treyarch jumping to the future shit, and IW ending the Modern Warfare storyline, meaning they'll probably jump to the future stuff as well, I think the COD series just came to an end for me.

I don't even see how the hell you can do future shit besides just vehicles and guns. You can't sit there doing a bunch of stuff like the see through walls technology, because COD is already unbalanced as all fuck, so you add in extreme future shit like that, it's gonna make it so ridiculously unbalanced that there'd be no point in playing because you'd either be on the team constantly spawn camping and killing everyone or the team constantly getting spawn camped and dying with no middle ground. You could already start to see some of that with Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Throw a couple sensors around the various paths out from your enemy's spawn points, and sit there picking off people as they try to reach various points on the map.

First multiplayer video:

Certainly looks like Call of Duty. I do like the futuristic setting much better, and much like NCAA/Madden, I buy this every year regardless of quality, so not much else to say. Video looks good, but haven't they all since COD4? It'll have massive issues, no doubt...but it'll be a fun little time killer for the first month or so.

Doubt it'll be a day one for me. Maybe I'll ask for it for xmas or bite when the first stop to $40 happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Most definitely NOT buying this shit. Talk about the biggest waste of money.

Hmm I wasn't going to get this but that vid looked pretty good. I didn't like Black Ops...I prefer the futuristic stuff.

COD Black Ops 2

I've never felt the need to live stream COD or BF but this is a pretty cool feature to have live streaming built right in. Gives me hope it will come to sports games.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/...y-black-ops-2/

If you've watched the Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Reveal trailer all the way up to the end you probably noticed some eSports style shoutcasting taking place. It immediately had folks wondering why it was there and now we know. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will feature in-game live-streaming and shoutcasting for all players!

Treyarch revealed the features this week at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. In the new mode two people can act as live color commentators during a multiplayer match, getting all John Madden while player blow each other up. We'll have the option of “shoutcasting” during a live match, or adding commentary to a multiplayer match later on through the Theater mode.

Players will even be able to turn on live-streaming at any time during a match, giving fans on their PC, Mac or mobile device the ability to watch the action live. It could take the Call of Duty franchise to a whole new level of competitive gaming and we're anxious to give it shot this November. You can get a peek at the end of this trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I've never felt the need to live stream COD or BF but this is a pretty cool feature to have live streaming built right in. Gives me hope it will come to sports games.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/...y-black-ops-2/
    +1