Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

• Facebook
  • Display

Post Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

Madden 12 ~ jaymo76
    Team ~ Oakland Raiders
    Year~ one

Starting off my Raiders franchise, I did something I have NEVER done in Madden (or 2k)... I played the exhibition season. I went 2-2. A comeback victory versus the Cardinals followed by a shootout (55-34) victory over SF; then a tight 23-17 loss to NO followed by a blowout 34-17 loss to the Seahawks. It was a real challenge to figure out the ratings of rookie players.

Big decisions:

Cutting Boller... Edwards is the backup QB and Pryor is 3rd stringer and runs the goaline O series
    Making Jacoby Ford the #2 receiver... Heyward Bey is now 4th behind Denarius Moore
    *** Bey just hasn't shown me anything while Moore had an outstanding preseason
    Keeping FOUR tight ends (Boss is the starter... with reservations) raw rookie David Ausberry has an A potential
    *** Myers had a poor preseason and his catching stats are poor... he is on the trade block as we speak
    Starting Wisnieski over Satele at CENTRE (I may look to move Satele to another position on the line)
    Cutting RB's Bennett, Rankin, and Cartwright and going with the raw rookie Taiwan Jones as 3rd string and #2 returner
    *** Jones impressed in preseason enough for me to make him the 3rd down back.
    Trevor Scott gets the start at DE over Matt Shaughnessy... just going with my instincts on this one
    Going with Van Dyke and Chekwa at CB... I cut Ware and Brown to make room on the roster
    *** the secondary is very, very weak... this is the number 1 draft concern

Currently my biggest concerns are:

1. Jason Campbell... I may replace him with Trent Edwards if I can't get better production
    2. LOLB.... Quentin Groves isn't cutting it... I am looking at FA Lofa Tatupu to shore up the position

After playing around with custom playbooks I went into Denver and held on for a 28-23 victory. My D line saved my butt... I was badly outplayed. Campbell, the secondary were attrocious. However, Darren McFadden had 29 carries for 202 yards and a TD.... an absolute beast! Van Dyke was great on returns and had a pic for a TD.

Bring on week two!

I'm getting ready to start one with Da Bears here....but I am having a question. Should I try to sign some FA's that aren't on the team right now in year one, or roll with the team as-is. For the Madden release video I did, I signed Brian Westbrook, Lofa Tatupu, and Jerricho Cotchery because Da Bears have $33.33M in cap space right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm getting ready to start one with Da Bears here....but I am having a question. Should I try to sign some FA's that aren't on the team right now in year one, or roll with the team as-is. For the Madden release video I did, I signed Brian Westbrook, Lofa Tatupu, and Jerricho Cotchery because Da Bears have $33.33M in cap space right off the bat.
    I have struggled with that too. A part of me wants to stay the course for one season and then with scouting/drafting/free agency, put my stamp on the team in year two. I decided not to upgrade the secondary. My LB core is less than stellar but I really like Tatupu so he may be the only one I pick up...

I started one with Phins. I traded Henne for Mallet, as a Stop Gap . Played 2 pre-season games. I lost Reggie Bush for 12 weeks. I plan on simming my 1st season. I plan on drafting Andrew Luck as my Franchise QB. Ive been doing well in Preseason. Ive been able to run the ball good with Thomas. Hopefully Sheets can have the same impact as Bush
    I just signed Noel Devine(default rosters) and he has A POT. So, I might cut Sheets since Noel is better.
    Last edited by illwill10; 08-31-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Recruit
    I'll start one with the 49ers soon.

I will not play preseason games. Still a waste of time and meaningless to me.

I will try not to sign any of the key free agents until year 2. I try to keep season 1 as realistic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I have struggled with that too. A part of me wants to stay the course for one season and then with scouting/drafting/free agency, put my stamp on the team in year two. I decided not to upgrade the secondary. My LB core is less than stellar but I really like Tatupu so he may be the only one I pick up...
    Same here. Behind Urlacher is a mid 60's rated MLB, plus Urlacher is getting up there in age, so I think I will grab Tatupu, but keep everything else the same.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I started a Redskins dynasty, started playing the first preseason game, saw a four player collision that looked so horrible, I turned the game off. I just had to laugh at how bad it looked.

I didnt plan on playing any regular season games, but I really want to see how Noel Devine is. If he can put up the same impact as Bush, than Bush is replacable. I might trade Bush in offseason. I am mad though. Andrew Luck wasnt is my Imported class. Since I didnt save past pre-season, I will check if he declared or not if he didnt; I will use Ryan Mallet for another year and draft A.Luck in Draft #2.
    Since Andrew Luck probably wont be draftable, MY draft is completely changed. I will draft best available for fit scheme. My DL is set already. Main need on Front 7 is LOLB. My need for O is #2 WR. I dont have too many huge needs, so I will trade down alot.

Damn, just found out that the NCAA draft class glitch has effected me. Now I have to think how many classes I didn't save on the second export request. Frustrating as I had big plans on a few of my Syracuse dynasty players.

deleted post... auto save issue
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Game two RAIDERS @ BILLS

Plain and simple, I got thumped 31-17 in an ugly game. It was 17-0 at the end of the first quarter. Jason Campbell is on a COLD STREAK and he is just killing me. He was 8-17 for 72 yards and THREE Int's... didn't even make it to the half befre I brought in Trent Edwards. Edwards was a respectable 19-32 for 223 yards and 1 TD but it wasn't enough to overcome the defecit. My run game was non-existent. Last week McFadden ran for 201 yards... today 17 yards!!! Also, my secondary continues to kill me as they can't play zone or man.

On the brigth side, Van Dkye recorded another pic to give him two on the season. However, my team has been ravaged by injuries (note: injury frequency is perfect IMO... I have more players currently injured after two games than I did in every season of NCAA 12!). My receiving core lost Ford and Moore. Both players were having a breakout game. I don't want to use IR for Moore though because I want him back this season but he is out at least EIGHT WEEKS. Ford will be out for two. And it finally happened... Jared Veldheer, my Offensive Tackle was injured. He will be out for three weeks. I can't believe it... a OL injured... finally.

I also traded TE Brandon Myers to Chicago to free up a roster spot as I may need to sign Terell Owens for a receiver spot. On a negative, I got a 5th and 6th round pick in 2012 and a fith round pick in 2013 for a 65 ovr TE. Clearly trading is flawed... three pics for a 65 ovr; plus Chicago already has three superior TE's.

Haven't decided on Tatupu yet but I still want to get him. Also I am giving Campbell a very short leash...

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    I didnt plan on playing any regular season games, but I really want to see how Noel Devine is. If he can put up the same impact as Bush, than Bush is replacable. I might trade Bush in offseason. I am mad though. Andrew Luck wasnt is my Imported class. Since I didnt save past pre-season, I will check if he declared or not if he didnt; I will use Ryan Mallet for another year and draft A.Luck in Draft #2.
    Since Andrew Luck probably wont be draftable, MY draft is completely changed. I will draft best available for fit scheme. My DL is set already. Main need on Front 7 is LOLB. My need for O is #2 WR. I dont have too many huge needs, so I will trade down alot.
    I found out that he didnt declare. So I imported my 2nd draft class and he is there. So I am good. 1st draft is replacing the players I am giving up.

I just resigned a ton of players early in my season since I dont plan of making too many signings. Most of my FA will be backups and depth

Just traded Reggie Bush for a 4th rd. 21st pick. I traded Will Allen for a early 5th rd pick. I could of got a early 5th for J.Taylor but he retired

Traded 1st,3rd, 4th round picks for Future 1st and 2nd picks and 2 3rd picks. Mainly was focused on my 2nd Draft. I have two 1st and 2nd picks and three 3rd picks.I feel I had a horrible draft. Most of the WRs and CBs were slow, most of them had 85- Speed. CB was one of my biggest need and I didnt fill it.
    All the players I wanted were drafted early. I relied heavily on Estimated OVRs in Scouting. I replaced most of my Coaching Staff.
    My OL, Front 7, and RB is set. So DB, QB, #2 WR, are TE, are my main focus heading into my 2nd Draft. I have 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, so I really focus on needs. The teams I traded early picks were teams I expected to be in top 10. I expect to be in top 10 again, so I will have good picks.
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-01-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Noel Devine was a great add. I signed Brandon Jacobs as a Back-up. Starter is Thomas-Devine-Jacobs. I signed Malcolm Floyd. M.Wilkerson was available and I signed him. I signed Page as a Back-up SS.

I haven't started one yet. I want to get enough games in and have a decent slider set first. Plus I read that some teams have rain 100% of the time at home in franchise right now and that included Miami. I guess there are about 5 teams this affects.

One of the best franchises I ever ran was with the Cincinatti Reds in MLB Show 09. Why? Because I don't care about them. I liked some of their young guys and then proceeded to play the franchise, trading and cutting guys I didn't care for. I'm normally anal about using accurate rosters but I just said screw it and had a blast. I may run a franchise with Miami but I'm also thinking of running a Lions franchise or using someone else. Not sure yet but I do love the 3-4. Still not sure why EA removed the double OLB blitz from it though. I miss that play. I won't be playing the preseason but will still go through the cuts. 16 regular season games is enough.

Can you set formation subs in offline franchise so you don't have to do them every game?
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-01-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Couple of my CBs I drafted played good in 1st pre-season game. I like to run a Man-Heavy Scheme. I didnt use/create a Custom Playbook yet because I dont plan on playing heavily till Season 3. A couple of the players the CPU automatically signed for me played well. Especially a Rookie QB I didnt sign. I signed Henne back. He played very well, 2TDs and 1 INT.
    I signed a couple of backup OLBs. I dont have much depth at WR or CB.
    I might have to use a different Draft Class as my 2nd Class. Most of the players in First Class were all slow. I really wanted to sign a CB and WR, but were all slow

Rudy, you cann only do formation subs during the games. However, the changes will stay permanent all season. The NCAA version is far, far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Rudy, you cann only do formation subs during the games. However, the changes will stay permanent all season. The NCAA version is far, far superior.
    That kind of sucks but at least they stick all year.