Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display

Inverted Veer?

Any of the option guys notice if the Inverted Veer was added to the playbooks this year? (See: Shotgun Inverted Veer

Thanks 4 the write up, great work as usual. Only 1 question; run blocking, did they go back to the NCAA 11 engine? Because both NCAA & Madden 12 worked on ocasion, especially on counter plays. Looking 4ward to the 1st videos and the demo!

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    never had any problem with those plays out of any of the i formations (either normal or offset). high awareness blockers are key.
    I surely had some problems. It did not happen a large amount of times, but enough for me to notice it, and question if it has been adjusted. Ok, if my lead blocker is running right at a LB, for instance, and the LB is the only guy that is not being blocked and then my lead blocker stops, turns directly around, then runs into me causing me to be tackled, I do not think awareness should be a factor. I do not recall seeing any player, ever in the history of college football, turn around and run into the runner in order to avoid a block. Now, I could understand if the lead blocker has a choice to block TWO different people, and he cannot decide on which is the more immediate threat, but when there is only one guy to block in front of him, and he is turning around to try and block a guy behind me, that seems a bit ridiculous.

Here is an example in this video link. At about the 12 second mark, the FB on this counter play should clearly go pick up the safety, but he stops and cuts right to pick up a guy who is virtually out of the play. http://youtu.be/BzSupkeQpmI

This type of thing happens a nice amount of times, and sometimes the lead blocker literally turns around and runs into his RB. I believe this type of thing also happened on NCAA football 11 quite a good bit, too. All that being said, I know blocking was not the main focus this year, I get that, but I am just curious if this has been tuned a little or tweaked some. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Again, Great write up, Tommy!

Guys, just wanted to stop in and say that I'm not ignoring your questions or anything... it will probably tomorrow night or so before I can get to them though since I'm playing catch-up from being out last week. At any rate, I'll do my best to answer all of them.

Guys, I know we're all pretty strong in our opinions, but let's tone it down a little on calling people out over what they want to see in the game or have answered. Everyone is just as entitled to their own questions/wants/opinions as anyone else. There are more constructive ways to involve everyone in the conversation. We're not here to exclude people from the community.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Banned
    Is the new profile pic a hit or a miss?
    Y wont it show?
    Last edited by Little Steve; 04-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    Y wont it show?
    Make sure you're uploading your picture under avatar and not profile picture.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Guys, I know we're all pretty strong in our opinions, but let's tone it down a little on calling people out over what they want to see in the game or have answered. Everyone is just as entitled to their own questions/wants/opinions as anyone else. There are more constructive ways to involve everyone in the conversation. We're not here to exclude people from the community.
    Nice to know someone civil and not making a big deal if we have questions about things other then game play. Thought this tread was meant to pick these guys brains of everything sights and gameplay? If its in the game then it's in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    Nice to know someone civil and not making a big deal if we have questions about things other then game play. Thought this tread was meant to pick these guys brains of everything sights and gameplay? If its in the game then it's in the game.
    While I completely agree with Jeff, I would point out that this thread, in particular is specifically focused on gameplay only. The Q&A thread you're right about though. I would also recommend that you limit posting a question to one time in one thread. Everyone here can certainly appreciate the enthusiasm you have for the game man, but I think if you do those things you will find people to be a bit more receptive to your input. Welcome to the sight, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    Y wont it show?
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Make sure you're uploading your picture under avatar and not profile picture.
    I think you have to have a minimum of 25 posts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    This thread is meant for game play, and everything that entails game play. We aren't asking about socks, pylons, cannons because it isn't about the actual game play of the game. That's all i'm sayin'.

They do anything for the camera view during gameplay while playing at one of the so called " toughest stadiums to play"? Like in 2006 the camera would shake and give the "feel" of the crowd...anything like that happen for this year?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane305 View Post
    They do anything for the camera view during gameplay while playing at one of the so called " toughest stadiums to play"? Like in 2006 the camera would shake and give the "feel" of the crowd...anything like that happen for this year?
    I highly doubt they'll ever bring that back and I hope they don't. I don't need a headache inducing shaky cam effect to simulate crowd noise. How about actually making the crowd noise deafening, like it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I highly doubt they'll ever bring that back and I hope they don't. I don't need a headache inducing shaky cam effect to simulate crowd noise. How about actually making the crowd noise deafening, like it should be?
    Not saying it needs to be over the top or nauseating but a little movement like you see on if game days or big plays along with the crowd actually being heard and implemented correctly would work well. Not saying to have it shake or move everyplay, just big down plays and games.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    much better suggestion. the camera shake is unrealistic unless it's a cut scene like in Madden 12.

Well as far as the crowd goes, as long as they change something for the better ill be happy....couldn't get much worse then it was in 12

No camera shake, but at Oregon the controller sure as hell vibrated like a muther.

Well as far as the crowd goes, as long as they change something for the better ill be happy....couldn't get much worse then it was in 12
    Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage

For the crowd noise, I think I remember hearing from the CD guys that it was very good prior to release. I think something happened to this feature last year and I fully expect that issue to be resolved and hearing a game at Western Kentucky will sound a whole lot different then hearing one from Penn State but that's for another thread.

One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage
    That too